Keeper of the Morag Tong - Fedave Sedas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
I'd love a public opinion on something; should I switch to 2h, rather than 1h? The Ebony Blade (Mephalas quest reward) is 2h, but daggers (ahem Assassin Blade) is 1h. I'm leaning toward 1h since I can't imagine Fedave with a 2h greatsword, but I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about it.

PS: My 1h isn't that high (like 28 or so?) while my 2h is probably still 15.
Ebony blade is great but yeah that is the only 2h I could see him using. As an assassin of the morag tong historically I think he would stick to 1h. Plus it seems that would be a much better road for an assassin in general. Also I don't want to rush you but is there any time soon we can be seeing another Fedave? are you planning the story or what I am just kind of wondering whats going on as the last post (before the one im replying) was sunday and its wednesday night

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Yeah sorry, I've been super busy lately and haven't had the time to play Skyrim for a half hour then write for another half hour. I'm trying to squeeze some time in, but its hard to schedule the time in.
No rush I just was wondering. :). I know its so easy to squeeze in some skyrim (without a journal) but to do good writing you really need at least an hour to get it out there in its entirety

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
No rush I just was wondering. :). I know its so easy to squeeze in some skyrim (without a journal) but to do good writing you really need at least an hour to get it out there in its entirety
Couldn't agree more! Writing about it seems to take much more time than playing it. It's funny, though, because I find myself playing the game while thinking about how I'm going to write it up, looking for great ways to tell what happened and hoping something happens that makes for a great story. Very immersive and really entertaining!

Clevdawg15

I'd love a public opinion on something; should I switch to 2h, rather than 1h? The Ebony Blade (Mephalas quest reward) is 2h, but daggers (ahem Assassin Blade) is 1h. I'm leaning toward 1h since I can't imagine Fedave with a 2h greatsword, but I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about it.

PS: My 1h isn't that high (like 28 or so?) while my 2h is probably still 15.

Well unless your trying to be a brutish assasin( like the werewolf in the DB) i would chose 1h. For such a light build as fedave i think a 1h dagger or sword fits in. Its also faster than a 2h so fast assasinations seem more likely.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Couldn't agree more! Writing about it seems to take much more time than playing it. It's funny, though, because I find myself playing the game while thinking about how I'm going to write it up, looking for great ways to tell what happened and hoping something happens that makes for a great story. Very immersive and really entertaining!
I do the same thing and I literally spend about half the time thinking how to write this well and the other half actually playing

DarkEastwood

11th of Heartfire, 4E 201

It's good to have a bow in my hands again. I'd rather have a simple bow than all the money in the world.

I started the yesterday with some hunting. I came back pretty early after shooting two rather large deer. I asked Hulda for any work, and I got a bounty for some bandits holed up at a keep downstream from Whiterun. I set off immediately, being in dire need of money.

I walked downstream, and had an almost deadly encounter with a bear. I was casually walking across some rocks, roughly a hundred meters from the stream. When all the sudden a paw struck me hard in the back. I got knocked down, rolling down a small slope toeard the stream. I could see it running toward me on all fours, bludlust in his eyes. I slowly made my way back to my feet, and prepared to run.

But there was very little options. My only viable option was to run across the stream. I did so, but the bear followed. He hit me again in the back, leaving a giant scar on my back. I flew toward the rocks in front of me, then turned toward the rocks and prepared to roll out of the way from his next attack. I successfully did so, then limped as quickly as I good downstream. I came upon some deep water, then turned the only way I could; up the rocky cliff. The bear was right behind me, with his full intent on killing me. I scaled it, carefully but quickly.

He caught my foot with his paw and nearly pulled me off the cliff. I regained my balance, then jolted up the cliff, until I reached a point the bear couldn't. I sat there for an hour or two until the bear gave up and walked away. I rested some, treating my wounds. I then kept going downstream, until I reached the towers. It was a bit past noon when I arrived, so stealth would be hard.

I saw my first target, a female Nord as a sentry on the top. I figured if I could shoot her off, it'd be easier to get closer. I shot the woman on my first shot, with a lurching shot to her back. She stumbled forward, then turned toward me, still unaware of my location. As soon as she turned her head, an arrow met her head, knocking her off the tower. Two shots. Not bad.

I advanced forward, and saw a leather fitted Khajiit. He was by himself, so I could take my time on my second shot. I pulled back an iron arrow, aimed, then fired at his torso. He fell down, and slowly got back to his feet. By the time he was back to his feet, another arrow had taken flight and pierced him, right next to the first arrow. He fell limp onto the ground, totally lifeless.

I advanced up the tower, looting a chest on the way up. Once I got to the top, I came upon the bridge, which was accompanied by the bandit chief. It was a male Nord, suited in full Iron Armor. Nothing I'm unfamiliar with, but with my weaker gear should still prove a challenge. I poisoned an arrow that would seep into his veins, causing direct pain throughout his body. I pulled the arrow back, then released it, going right into a gap in his armor near his arm. He yelled in pain, as the poison spread through his body. He saw me, as he grabbed his two steel axes and charged me. He yelled as loud as he could, in an attempt to intimidate me.

I fired amother arrow at him, going right into his neck, but his life still drew on. He kept charging, having his right axe ready to cut my head off. I drew another arrow, then walked backwards some. I fired it into the same spot in his neck, throwing the upper half of his body back, causing his body to do a complete backflip. I proceeded to his body with caution, and checked if he was still alive. He luckily was not.

As that happened, an arrow zoomed by my head. I returned an arrow at the source of the shot, an archer sitting on a rocky outcrop. The arrow hit him in the gut, but had little effect on him. This guy had some willpower. I shot another arrow, piercing through the armor on his torso. This made him fall forward down into the stream far below. The keep was bandit free.

I looked around for chests and loot, finding two bows. One was an Imperial Bow enchanted with a frost enchantment. The other was a hunting bow enchanted with a strong fire enchantment. The took them both. I advanced back to Whiterun with a smile on my face.

On the way back, I did however run into a skirmish between two bandits and a bard. The bard was using magic, and killed both of the bandits. With dangerously quick and careless movements, I shot at the bard. He had little power left in him, and died after the first shot. I decided against looting him, since he didn't deserve it. I will long regret that kill. His happy face with the arrow in his throat haunted me that night. But I trekked on... Until I ran into some guards who tried an arrest on me.

I didn't know what for, but they said I committed assault and that I owed them 40 gold or some time in prison. I vouched on prison, since I lacked the current funds to pay them. I didn't dare to attack the guards, since I didn't want to be repelled from my new home again, especially that late in the day. So I now write this in the Dragonsreach dungeon. It's not too bad in here actually. They feed me, the bedroll is kind of comfy, and the guards seem nice. But I can't wait to get out, on the other hand. At least they don't know about my great assassination. I'd be in he for quite awhile if that was the case. It's noon now, and they'll be letting me out soon. I'll write tonight after selling all my stuff.

DarkEastwood

11th of Heartfire, 4E 201

After all my selling, which included the fire enchanted hunting bow and my old hunting bow, I now have 500 gold. Maybe I'll invest in a dagger, but for now I'd love to sleep in a normal bed. At least the beds in the prison aren't made of stone like in Markarth... But anyway, the bounty paid well.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
This is another one of the those character journals inspired by BIGwooly's journal of Hrisskar.

Backstory

Fedave's father was a member of the Morag Tong back in the day. After the destruction of Red Mountain, he migrated to Cyrodiil. After a about a hundred years of living pracefully in Bruma, he had a child. This was, as you expect, Fedave. Another hundred or so years later, his father grew ill and revealed his past to Fedave. Fedave, although surprised and confused, embraced his fathers past as his own. the Morag Tong was in his blood. His father died, along with his mother. Grief overcame him, so he decided to migrate north. Cyrodiil reminded him too much of how much he was attached to his parents. He wanted to pass on the legacy of the Morag Tong. He swore an oath that he would become an assassin of honor and justice someday. He will impact the province of Skyrim for the better.

Play Restrictions

- difficulty set to 'master'
- Must drop everything once out of Helgen
- No looting a kill that wasn't yours. If you fairly comtributed, you may take an appropraite amount of loot.
- Looting and other actions take time. Wait the appropriate time.
- No accepting charity (no taking supplies from Alvor, or taking the cabbages in the middle of town)
- HUD set to 0%
- only carry 25% of what game allows
- All armor must fit. To figure out if will fit or not, you must get heads on a coin flip. For armor that is bought, it doesn't require a coin flip.
- only carry 30 arrows max
- may not harvest unreasonable items (if a dead elk has a garnet don't take it)
- may not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks (like conditioning; heavy armor weighs nothing)
- must sleep for at least 8 hours every day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must eat 3 meals a day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- may not use smithing or enchanting (must find/purchase all gear. You may improve gear though. Just no forging new gear.)
- Must fully sheathe weapon to use a potion or poison.
- may not swim while wearing armor
- may not enter freezing water unless on a horse
- may not use in-game map unless at a settlement
- may not fast travel unless by cart
- may not use of exploits
- may not cut wood for money
- may only use manual saves after sleeping (resting)
- when character dies must load from a previous manual save
- may only use auto-saves in the event of a game freeze or a glitch
- if character dies must stay at an inn for 7 days and spend 300 gold with the innkeep

- In order to get a perk, you must learn it from someone associated with that perk. (Ex. Bladesman can be learned from Amren)
- More advanced perks, require people with more advanced skills. (Ex. Aela, Karliah, and Angi are the only ones that can teach top tier Archery perks)
- You must do something for the trainer in order to recieve the perk. It can be giving them money, a special item, a certain quest, become thane of the hold, or any other way that'd typically make them your friend. You only need to do this once if you plan on returning for more training.
- Learning this takes time. 2 hours for low tier perks, 4 hours for top tier.

- Followers must be fed 3 times a day
- a companion may carry 10% of your carry ability
- when a companion dies they are dead, no save loading
- All followers must be paid 10 gold an hour that they are in your service. - - If they die in your service, you must pay 300 gold to the followers family, friend, or anybody else that seems appropriate of the inheritence.
- No looting a followers body.
- If you see a follower as more of a friend than a mercenary, then rather than paying them, you must split the loot in half. This also removes the carry bonus. You still must pay a follower's family if they die though.

- horse may carry 10% of your own carry ability
- you may not access the 10% that your horse is carrying during combat
- horse must be fed 5 points of health per day (it is assumed horse will also eat grass)
- If a horse dies, no save loading

Character Restrictions

- No use of magic, other than Restoration
- No use of Racial Powers
- No stealing
- Make Roleplay appropriate decisions
0_0 Wow, don't you think you're being a bit hard on your character? I mean 30 arrows? I can have 1000 Dragonbone arrows and still be worried about running out.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
0_0 Wow, don't you think you're being a bit hard on your character? I mean 30 arrows? I can have 1000 Dragonbone arrows and still be worried about running out.
The whole playstyle is designed to be more real life, hard core role playing. It's incredibly fun and rewarding, too! Going into a cave and having to fight 8-10 diffent badguys, knowing you can't miss much, and coming out alive is exhillarating, for a video game!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts