• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeTheFarmer

Hi i´m new here and i´m new at playing skyrim
Sorry if there was this post before and i didnt see it but i wanted to ask if its possible to fight without weapons or magic, that means abre-handed only with ur fists
i can only have one free hand with a spell or weapon in the other hand and thats lame
they only way i know so far is when you pick up a fight with someone at a bar and he wants to fight barehanded but thats not good cuz i want to do it all the time
thats all for now i hope you understand me although im bad at english =D
thanks for future help

JoeTheFarmer

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You don't have to equip anything first. Just don't equip anything in your hands. You can attack anything in the game the same way as you would with melee weapons in your hands.

Notwithstanding Robbaz's funny Youtube video about his manly bare fist fighting Nord this playstyle's damage cap is very low compared to melee weapon alternatives because there is no unarmed skill so you're stuck with very limited options to increase your damage. If you play as follows:

1. As a Khajiit (10 base damage + 12 point damage bonus from claws)
2. Using the Fists of Steel perk with Daedric Gauntlets (18 damage)
3. Enchanting the Daedric Gauntlets and a ring with the Fortify Unarmed Damage enchantment (learned by disenchanting a unique pair of gloves) maxed out by having 100 Enchanting and 6 Enchanting perks while under the effects of a custom made Fortify Enchanting potion made with 100 in Alchemy and 7 Alchemy perks and custom made Fortify Alchemy 116% gear (14 damage bonus x 2)

You will reach the hardcap for unarmed damage which is 68 per normal attack. If you play as an Argonian instead you lose the 12 point damage bonus from claws making your hardcap 56, and if you play as any other race your base damage drops to 4 making the hardcap 50. This is probably the most difficult melee playstyle because it will take you longer to kill things with such a low damage cap and you have to be able to soak up or resist a lot of damage to survive (or carry lots of healing potions). Because 80% physical damage resistance and 85% magic resistance is achievable in the game, it is still a viable playstyle though.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I've actually killed the weakest type of dragon with nothing but my fists. That was recently at like level 55, but yes, you can go about the game and attack things with nothing but your fists.

You'll want to invest in good armor though. Also, in one of the chests in Delphine's secret room in the Riverwood inn, I found a pair of gloves with an enchantment that increased the strength of unarmed attacks by 10%, so look for those when you can.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Also, in one of the chests in Delphine's secret room in the Riverwood inn, I found a pair of gloves with an enchantment that increased the strength of unarmed attacks by 10%, so look for those when you can.
Are you sure you didn't put them there and forget about them (or gave them to Delphine during Diplomatic Immunity)? Those gloves are unique and are loot from Gian the Fist in the Ratways.