Quest Companion's "Purity" Quest Doesn't Show Up

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Itamar310

Hey guys. My first thread here :)
Essentialy, my problem is that Vilkas and Farkas don't offer Purity. I have completed every other Companion's quest, and this is the only one left.
I am doing a "Completionist" run, so this is very important to me. I looked all over the net, tried various things, including earlier saves, console commands (nothing I don't know how to do), doing other quests, waiting a few days... Can anyone please try to help me? :sadface:
Any ideas? Thanks ahead

BTW, the forums system won't let me put links, so I have no idea how to show you my load order...

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
From what I've read, it's a glitch from Vilkas. You have to do the quest for Farkas first. I've never encountered the problem myself but I found a list of different fixes HERE. If you haven't already tried them. Let us know how you go.

Also is there anything significant you did/didn't do that would have made the quest wig out on you?

Itamar310

Well, I did cure myself, although most credible sources say it is not a factor (except for UESP). Whenever they (vilkas and farkas) can be asked "Is there any work to be done?", the only thing they offer me is "Dragon Seekers". Nothing else I can think of right now.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
You should do Dragon seekers for Farkas first. Or if Vilkas askes, then accept the quest, but take Farkas with you. Return and dismiss Farkas, then speak to Vilkas.... hopefully that should sort it out.

And no, curing yourself makes no difference, so I believe.

Itamar310

I have actually heard of this bug with Vilkas, and I've been taking quests from Farkas for a few in-game days now. I must have did at least 5 dragon seekers for farkas by now... I'll try that out and let you know.

Itamar310

Lol thanks. You might even say... The Unrelenting Force be with you... no? no. I'm sorry. I'll go ahead and try that now. lol

ambiiientz

Have you been to "Driftshade Refuge" yet?

I unknowingly (dungeon diving) killed the the Silver Hand at Driftshade before I got "Purity of Revenge".

Itamar310

Hey ambiiientz, you are confusing Purity, where you purify Vilkas and Farkas of their Lycanthropy, and Purity of Revenge, where you kill the rest of the Silver Hand.
As I have stated before, I already completed every other Companions quest.
Anyway, I'm still looking into shadowkitty's solution.

Itamar310

So... ShadowKitty, your idea didn't work... I am clueless.
Ambiiientz, there's no way in hell am I throwing away a character with over 120 hours (with many more to come) over this one buggy quest.

Chadonraz

Guessing you haven't overlooked this, but... do you have any Glenmoril witches' heads in your inventory when talking to the twins?

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I recall this happening to me, yes you must have Glenmoril Witch heads in the inventory for them to offer Purity, I'm sure they didn't overlook it.

Some other suggestions that might work...Perhaps try accepting and Finishing a quest from Aela or someone else in the Companions, this might "Prompt" Farkas or Vilkas to offer Purity, if they are currently not offering work (I haven't tried this myself, Might not work)

I suppose you tried waiting a few days and coming back to Jorrvaskr? Second thoughts, that probably wouldn't do much.

No idea if meeting them in the Wilderness alters their dialogue options i.e Looking for work, they probably don't offer outside the hub

Thats all I can think of for now (my top ideas worth a shot)

EDIT: Seems Vilkas's Purity quest bugs out, the advice is to do Farkas 1st then Vilkas, Purifying Farkas seems to unbug Vilkas's Purity quest.

Last edited:

Itamar310

Guessing you haven't overlooked this, but... do you have any Glenmoril witches' heads in your inventory when talking to the twins?
No, I checked and Double check.
Oh bugger. I was really hoping it would work for you. hmm.. I'll search some more and try to get back to you if I find something else.
Thanks! Looking forward to see if you get any more luck than me.
I recall this happening to me, yes you must have Glenmoril Witch heads in the inventory for them to offer Purity, I'm sure they didn't overlook it.

Some other suggestions that might work...Perhaps try accepting and Finishing a quest from Aela or someone else in the Companions, this might "Prompt" Farkas or Vilkas to offer Purity, if they are currently not offering work (I haven't tried this myself, Might not work)

I suppose you tried waiting a few days and coming back to Jorrvaskr? Second thoughts, that probably wouldn't do much.

No idea if meeting them in the Wilderness alters their dialogue options i.e Looking for work, they probably don't offer outside the hub

Thats all I can think of for now (my top ideas worth a shot)

EDIT: Seems Vilkas's Purity quest bugs out, the advice is to do Farkas 1st then Vilkas, Purifying Farkas seems to unbug Vilkas's Purity quest.
I'll try some of that.
I did an "Animal Extermination" for Aela, then a "Trouble in Skyrim" for Farkas, and then I asked him "Is there any work to be done?", and of course, "Dragon Seekers" showed up again.
I have no idea anymore.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
You can alter what radiant quest someone gives you by

( before handing the completed quest in)

Make a Save
Hand it in and ask for work, you might be able to shuffle what they offer until Farkas says something like "I need a personal favour" which sounds like Purity

I did this one time to force out Purity, but you have to save before handing in a previous radiant (outside Jorrvaskr )

Load if the radiant quest wasn't Purity

EDIT: Online people suggest backing out of "looking for work" dialogue and fast travelling back, Don't know what this does though.

Those are my best ideas bud :)

UPDATE: The Radiant quest Hired Muscle has something to do with Purity appearing, if you can get Hired Muscle do that ( You might've completed it already, in which case, ignore update )

Last edited:

Itamar310

You can alter what radiant quest someone gives you by

( before handing the completed quest in)

Make a Save
Hand it in and ask for work, you might be able to shuffle what they offer until Farkas says something like "I need a personal favour" which sounds like Purity

I did this one time to force out Purity, but you have to save before handing in a previous radiant (outside Jorrvaskr )

Load if the radiant quest wasn't Purity

EDIT: Online people suggest backing out of "looking for work" dialogue and fast travelling back, Don't know what this does though.

Those are my best ideas bud :)

UPDATE: The Radiant quest Hired Muscle has something to do with Purity appearing, if you can get Hired Muscle do that ( You might've completed it already, in which case, ignore update )

Okay, so I tried some stuff. None work. The last thing I did was completing a bunch of quests for Farkas, finally getting Hired Muscle, then handing it in and get - MOTHER F'ING DRAGON SEEKERS.
I tried to load a save from before handing it in, to see if now he will offer me something else. And, no. He won't. Just Dragon Seekers, over and over and OVER AGAIN.
In order for me to able to post my Load Order, I need someone to give me a like or something, cause this site is Slow, if you get me. Please. It's literaly Morning Star 4E 202 now. When I first had this problem it was Sun's Dusk 4E 201.
HELPPPPPP?!?!?!