• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well I have it mostly planned out that I want four city states, each of them with their own benefits but they have to work together to even be useful.
    I have most of the history, I could give you some bits on that.
    I Still have to decide on the land allocation, but I have a generally idea of what each one should be except one.
    So far I have the mercenaries/pirate/army type of state, Then there's the halfmen, the state of miners, protectors of the wealth, the blacksmiths.
    The Red panda state are the healers, druids and shamans. Then the one that is left are the one's that should provide the food or something.
    The states each have their own rulers, but the are united under one kingdom.
    Each have enough of their own resources, but generally have to rely on each other.
    Such as the Army state, needs the blacks and expertise of the mining/blacksmith state.

brief history
    First there were six nomadic tribes, made up of different races and cultures. They weren't at war, nor were they at peace.
    They would fight, bicker and trade but then the "Fifth" tribe committed a dishonourable act of slaughtering the "sixth" tribe while they slept.
    So the four (now apart of the city states) were bound together by a group of people with high standings in their respected tribes (Ancestors of the current rulers of each state) and drove out the "fifth" tribe.
    The four then divided up the land, the resources and made it certain that they always had to rely on each other to survive. Only certain states can learn certain skills, if a person doesn't want to learn the skills of the state they were born in, then they are allowed to permanently move over to another state they desire at the coming of their age.

So, the Red panda state, I guess would be best described as being druids, mages, healers and shamans who are completely in touch with nature and their ancestors. They could have some amazons warriors (not a very large army, considering that it is the army state that deals in that trade) and have some form of protection at least.
    i'm sure you can come up with a religion, a culture, and history after they joined together to form the states.
    You should know their appearance, somewhat of a rocket from Guardians of the galaxy but you could make them taller and more muscular, or even have different sub-species (I know I would).

I mean, I like this idea, but if you have anything better then let me know.
    Also, you don't have to control one of my city states it is merely a suggestion. Plus, you will have full control of it, I just came up with the past. Where you take them is up to you.
    My KC is nowhere near complete at this point either.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
    I like the idea as well, good to learn as well, when things get difficult, I have you to fall back on (as you know about it as well) I don't mind being a part of a bigger kingdom, instead of a separate kingdom :)

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well, think of it as them all being entirely independent but merged as a kingdom.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Doom, the Merchant Republic is niceeee im amazed you dumped yourself into having almost no standing army from having almost 100,000 of the best troops in rotafar.

Toxius your Kingdom definitely sounds interesting, I can't wait for the KC and it's a really nice touch to let Nyo control a single state.

As for having three separate creatures, I can't wait to see what you come up with. I have my Qethian Warbeast, and a kind of dinosaur like thing that will serve as a mount for generals. Should the giants count as the third?

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Also I think all known kingdoms should trade with the Republic by default, even if it says in your KC that your peeps aren't trading with anyone, the republic would have already built trade posts along the coastlines of the northren continent by now, even in Quethia.

They will try to trade with the Kelvashi as soon as they hear about them too.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Qethia has excess food, makes sense to ship it off for money I suppose

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    But I don't like the idea of them having trading posts in Qethia. That much Isaac world never approve.

Skyrimosity

I'm not sure having these 3 special animals really fit in with my Kingdom (who have really taken to the whole humans over nature thing in a similar way as the Romans).

But I suppose, as the Romans had war dogs, I could adopt 1.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    i'm not sure about it either. I love the ideas you guys have made and I encourage more but i don't think it'll work for the Solarans. They just don't have the space, or the resources to take care of special animals.

*thinks for a moment*

at least, not terrestrial ones. Maybe the Fleet could have a special variety of fish that follows the fleet in a huge school. Something they can "farm" and depend on as a source of food. Something they have guarded breeding grounds for. Or maybe the Fleet knows about giant sea monsters that they can't control so much as know how to call. Now I have something to think about.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Its entirely optional whether you want to have 3 or not, I suppose really it was more of a cap. To be honest I'm happy with just my warbeasts

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    I guess I could have one more since I have those phoenix things and the Guardians. I was thinking one big monster and a species of tiny ones. More like pets really.

I really should post my KC now shouldn't I?

Dabiene Caristiana

Ugh... thank goodness it's only copy and paste. I still have to re-edit so the pictures actually show up. Stupid fake attachment links.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Great CC Blackdoom! Something that would be cool to incorporate into your history is the Republic taking advantage of the fall of Solare to expand your operations, since our kingdoms would certainly be rivals. Solare fell 300 years ago so that would be time to make Eutemas huge. The Solarans would certainly resent another sea power. More so now that they're nomads.

Dabiene Caristiana

I doubt they would or could trade with Coradum. Unless you had a good reason Blackdoom.. And thanks for the follow! :)

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Dabs, your military is extremely small. I mean, most are between 10 and 20,000, yours is 6,450. Oriens army will undoubtedly be enormous, id recommend bumping your numbers up a tad.

Dabiene Caristiana

No doubt his population back on his home continent is huge too. I tied to keep it about a 30-35% population/army ratio. Also the fact that these warriors were raised to fighters from birth. So... Think Spartan like. I didn't want to see like I was 'godding' anything. Plus I have a natural barriers. Very well then.

Have any ideas on numbers? If this becomes a 20k-30k army, my population would have to be at least 60k. Then again, if most children (except the ones with birth defects and/or have only normal strength to be farmers, blacksmiths, etc.) join the military until a certain age, that means my total population has to be at around 50k.

Let's see... 11 towns/cities/capital, Would be about at least 5k. Plus any villages. Yeah, I think that can work. Means I don't need to re-edit my map.

Alright. I'll change it.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I posted my CC. It's mostly the same but there's a few important changes. The biggest of which are the fleet is now 750 ships and 255,000 people. I also quantified the military ships. Enjoy!

Dabiene Caristiana

Updated several things to the KC. Best to read the military, population demographics, some culture changes (very minor) and other things. Heck, better reread the whole thing. Should I add a unique beast? Or just leave it be?