• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Touchstone

Would you share your little "wow" or "omg really?" or "holy crud that was cool" moments with the rest of us? All those tiny things that go into making this a supremely amazing and deep game.

I had one just recently, something small that knocked my socks off. I was getting into a carriage, and the driver, as part of idle chat, appropriately referenced the weather. An NPC. Noticed the weather. And mentioned it. DUDE.

I know, dumb nothing, but things like that are startling and incredible because of the depth they add to the game.

How 'bout you?

Touchstone

No, he mentioned that it was snowing (something about it would take a while unless this terrible weather cleared up). It isn't a constant snowing place either. Woot.

Touchstone

Another one: I was trying to make my way up to the Greybeards and was following a path to Ivan(whatever little town can't remember). Or maybe past that. Anyway, up and around a mountain and I realized I'd crossed the same river at several levels, and looked down... oh, man, and incredible view! I saved the game, stuck on god mode, and jumped in the water! Went down three waterfalls, and had a million eye candy on the way down. Weeeeeeeee!

Abuse

Another one: I was trying to make my way up to the Greybeards and was following a path to Ivan(whatever little town can't remember). Or maybe past that. Anyway, up and around a mountain and I realized I'd crossed the same river at several levels, and looked down... oh, man, and incredible view! I saved the game, stuck on god mode, and jumped in the water! Went down three waterfalls, and had a million eye candy on the way down. Weeeeeeeee!

I did the same, but just saved the game and jumped then laughed as my dead body got tossed all the way down! (Console)

Another wow moment: I was trying to make it to Ivangard (or w/e it is) and instead of following the path, I decided (Well.. more like was forced to by 2 giants who were chasing me for 20 mins) to run up the mountain, like rock climbing.. My "wow" moment was when I could make it all the way up, like.. it's a lot of work to make that enter-able, let alone look / function well while you do so!

demujin

No, he mentioned that it was snowing (something about it would take a while unless this terrible weather cleared up). It isn't a constant snowing place either. Woot.
Also, I believe there are seasons in the game. We will see if the weather will coincide at all with the calendar date.

Drem

got a few:

-first run from riverwood to whiterun was nice. i went down the river catching salmon and almost getting pwned by mudcrabs. i admit when i went up to the river i was like 'man i wonder if there will be fish' and then i saw them running upstream and jumping the rapids and it was awesome. wouldn't mind a way to fish w/ a pole etc.....

-another awesome river moment was bow hunting a deer. it started to swim across the big part upstream from riverwood and when it got to the other side some wolf came out of nowhere and ganked it

-was on my horse running to riften and somewhere in the fall forest saw a wolf and decided to stop. killed it but then some breton came out of the shadows (like appeared 15 feet away crouched, prolly like we do when we sneak at stuff) and proceeded to own me with a full suit of dwarven armor and a bunch of hardcore spells

i'm seriously loving this game to pieces. the wow factor goes way up if you play on master and dont fast travel imo. there are a lot of tolerable areas with just bandits for the lower lvl scene (10) around whiterun. so far venturing out or going anywhere high altitude has been a Fing nightmare. exactly how a game like this should be imo

Drem

Also, I believe there are seasons in the game. We will see if the weather will coincide at all with the calendar date.

that would be awesome. i remember one of the old videos around whiterun showcasing the passive giants/mammoths and it was all snowy. right now there isn't any snow in my game around whiterun, just on the peaks

Bobbyleez

My first "WOW" moment.... Well, it's important to note that I play with TurtleBeach X41's... Cranked up the volume and bass boost!

-I was walking from whiterun to Riften (long walk, i know, no money for horse...) and In the middle of the night, with borealis things in the sky (pardon my english, frenchy here) I heard the distant scream of a Dragon... Looking around, I never saw it, and outta f-ing nowhere it crashes in front me, just in time I shouted "the void" or something like that, made me invincible just before he engulfed me in flames, being a Nord, fire is my sworn enemy, So I started running like hell! After a 15 minute chase that felt like forever... When I thought I lost it, bandits come over to me and tell me to forfeit my gold. Obviously start fighting them, then just when I was about to charge the last 3 ( out of 5 i think) the dragon lands and bites one off the ground and kills him on the spot! The other two start casting spells and use arrows, f- that, I run! Just when I'm 5 minutes from Riften I hear it shriek again, by the time it got in view I was close to the city gates, enough to have at least 15 guard outside bows drawn an aiming the green-lit night skies... Screw this! I'm staying to fight this time!

It was an immense battle, it was finally killed, with about 7~8 guard left, I approched it for it's soul, when the little burning body animation was complete and all, the remaining guards where all looking at me saying things like "did he just do what I think he did!?"

That moment just made the game so intense I forgot about time, personal problems, everything, I just completely immersed in the game, and was actually scared when it happened. And to know this is just a random event, just like that, makes it the biggest "awe" I've got in a game in my entire life...

Touchstone

That does sound epic, Bobby.

I just had an epic wow last night while battling a dragon... they're finally getting more difficult to kill! I was traveling with Lydia on my horse across land when it struck out of the sky, but we heard it scream first! Lydia tried attacking the beast, of course, but so did the horse! This dragon was a smart one, yeah, and he didn't land until the tail end of the fight - me and my arrows and voice drove him down! At the end though... Oh my goodness, I got to do the coolest finishing move. Thus far they've been very similar to Assassin's Creed games, relatively quick, 3rd person POV stabs. This one though, I jumped on the dragon's head and stabbed it through multiple times and I think slit it's throat before I got off. It was stupendous!

The horse survived. I think it needs a name now.

After the Greybeard's summoned me, I took the insanely long walk from Whiterun to Ivarstead. Literally took me about an hour to get there following sign posts. Along the way I encountered two bandit road blocks, an 'Old Orc' looking for a good death, an Argonian who threatened to 'Gut me like a fish', a frost troll and a crazy Wood Elf who attacked me without any warning. Following these crazy encounters I then had to climb the seven thousands steps all the while remaining awe struck by the sheer size and awesomeness of this game. I'd consider my entire play session tonight a 'Wow' moment!

Touchstone

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE OMG my first run in with a Daedra lord, and it was friggin' terrifying! Not gonna spoil it for you, but I suddenly felt like I was in a HORROR game, rather than a fantasy one. The wows, they just keep coming!

HaxAras

When I first discovered mammoth's. Which I actually have a video of
fast forward to 16:56
You Sir Are fluffing Funny!! I'm Gonna Sub Right Now.

Edit: I Just Finished Watching The Whole Video. You're Now My New Favorite Let's player, That has To be the One Of the Finniest Let's Play Video's I've ever Seen. MoogleFTW is Pretty Funny Too.

Eturnus

I saw a little old woman living in a shack in the forest, she seemed lovely and then i notice she had a jewled dagger clipped on to her belt, and i thought to myself...seems a bit too much ornate for a little old shack woman. I then proceeded to just hang around untill she left the house to tend her veggie patch...I snooped a round and amongst her ramshackled abode i found a trap door hidden leading underground! She had an alchemy table, and an enchanting table, all kinds of ingrediants and soul gems, and had letter on her table to her sister whom she was encouraging to leave town come live with her, and form a coven so that they can attain "power un-imaginable"

I think its just awsome that in this game shiznit klike that happens!

When i left her basement she was waiing for me! she said now that knew her secrete, i had to die! needless to say that forest is now has one less witch in it lol

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Without being too cheesy here... and being completely honest... Every. Second. I. Play. This. Game. =) I seriously cannot get over it. Absolutely the best game I have ever played. A few good "wow" moments (without getting too specific) would be; first -random- dragon encounter... music got slow and deep... then the shadow passed overhead... I watched it swoop down and torch some farm owners... snagged my first random dragon soul that day. Let's see. Trekking all over the land, hunting and "fishing" (catching fish with my hands is fishing, yes!?) and oh! Yes, a wow and/or EEK moment; trekking up the 7k steps. Just going along my merry way as I round a bend to the right, and notice a strange dirt pile on the left start moving... take another look... "Cave Bear". Who is now inches from my FACE. Yeah that was an interesting incident. =) If I run in to (and remember) some better ones I'll be sure to bump this thread again!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts