18+ World of Darkness - Rise of an Ancient

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Within moments of blacking out, Garr's mind sprang back into action. Shaking the black spots from his vision, Garr could just make out the demon's change. Some kind of... lycan? he wondered as he tested his muscles. Still sore, and his shoulder was definitely broken. He knew it'd take an hour or so for it to heal completely, but Garr wasn't particularly worried. He could already feel the itchiness that accompanied the healing process. Too bad I can't tear it open to scratch... that'd leave a trail and only make it worse. As the first hunter shouted orders, a group of the newcomers broke off in his direction. Numero Uno must've paid attention. Smart. Damn. Carefully backing away, Garr slipped back into the shadows and watched as the hunters looked in vain for traces of him.

While Garr needed to heal, he knew that something wasn't right. Never before had there been something like that lycan, not in Los Angeles, and it was unusual to see such a large number of hunters in such a small area. His interest got the better of him, and instead of leaving for a den to rest, Garr shifted to his human guise and clambered up into an open window. He quietly moved through the human dwelling until he found another window with slightly open blinds. Positioning himself near the glass, Garr let the shadows surround him once again, and tuned his ears to listen in as the first hunter talked with a crossbow-wielding Irishman.

He couldn't help but grin at the hunter's conversation starter.

Last edited:

Em_Pu

You wouldn't believe if i told yea
    James clearly shocked by the rudeness of the Japanese man. Hey listen Jackie Chan, the Lucifuge sent me to check out some disturbances in known areas of the West Coast. I have the unfortunate pleasure of working with you lot. James sighed and begins to look at the dead human body that was once a demonic creature. Hey Chan listen up I am not here to get in your team's way, I got my own mission. I just need some information on some recent attacks and sightings. James popping out the drum magazine of his crossbow and putting more bolts into it. I better not have to work with this bowsie... ah I shouldn't worry the mission is definitely more important. James thinks while trying to calm himself while closing the drum magazine. James quite confused by the Demonic shark creature, he has never seen something quite like it before. His Eyes focused on the team collecting the man and putting pants on his nude body. The back of James's neck tingled with the cool breeze picking up, his phone vibrating slightly.

Last edited:

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
    Vanessa backed away from the scene as more hunters arrived, especially an enthusiastic one with an automatic crossbow. She carefully made her way out of the park and out into the streets where flowed little traffic at this time of night. Even for Los Angeles this was quite a small amount of traffic. Some days are just lucky I guess. She thought to herself with a smile.

She thought about waiting for the "Walk" symbol to flash, but she didn't have the patience for it. She was invisible, and she was excited with the showing of that hengeyokai. She wasn't wizened enough to know what kind it was, but she had learned from her studies that it was similar to that of a werewolf. Only it was from overseas in the Far East or Southeast Asia. That was her first time seeing one.. It was ugly as she'd imagine.

The background noises of the city seem to finally register to her as her mind seemed to clear. A fog having been lifted from the madness that consumed her for the time being. She was her own self again. Then it dawned on her that she was no longer invisible either, but the humans around didn't seem to notice her appear out of thin air, and she was well away from the scene of the hunters by now. She needed to decide what to do, maybe go find that lupin, the big black dog that was following them earlier. Maybe she could ask him some questions... but where to begin?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    “Right,” Jin waved over one of the squad mates who presented him with an earpiece that looked like a Bluetooth. Flipping off the Irishman, Jin began to question, argue, then begrudgingly accept what his superior on the other side told him. The silver lining was Jin was told the location of a Task Force Valkyrie stash. Just in case I need to clear a den… Jin smiled to himself. He went inside the van grabbed a cigarette from the driver. Lighting up and returning the driver’s lighter, Jin stepped over the body to walk back to the Irishman.

“So tell me, why does a son of a demon swear to god? You one of them… Redeemers?” Jin managed to at least take a polite tone even if his eyes betrayed an interest in erasing this fool’s memory and sending him home. Yet top brass said this James would be an active part, Jin took a long drag. So however these Lucifuge deal with ExNorms, we felt we needed some extra help. It was unsettling to the soldier, and that meant it was definitely a high risk situation. Jin decided to let the Irishman deal with his phone, he had bigger problems to deal with.

Jin sniffed the air and spat on the ground. Watching as the other members of the Task Force began to funnel out. Why would an Asian shape changer be in L.A.? Well the obvious part is that he was an immigrant. But why so carelessly attack another werebeast? Jin took out his notepad and turning to a new page began to note down everything that had just occurred. Jin called out to the last truck to load up and pull out.

“Hey, got a forensics bag?” Jin called going up the vechicle.

“Yeah right here.”
    “Thanks for the support.”
    “Thanks for looking before you leap, Agent.”

“Take care… Something tells me you may be asked to be deployed again soon.”

Saluting to each other, Jin took out tweezers and a plastic bag turning towards where the two werebeasts crashed into the ground. Time to see if our dog left anything to track himself by, if I am lucky the Hemo left a present as well.

Wauten Dayhil

Garr watched as the trucks pulled away, leaving the Asian and Irishman behind. He's either a very lucky human, to not be sent away with a flash and sudden loss of memory, or he's a hunter too, Garr thought to himself as he backed away from the window. Backtracking through the rooms, Garr rubbed at his shoulder. The itch was getting unbearable, which meant it was mending well, but it would be irritating until the cracks finished filling up. And the use of energy was making him... hungry. Stopping short, Garr sniffed at the air, and made his way to the bedroom. He could only smell one person, a male. As the bedroom door swung open, Garr dropped to all fours as he shifted. Leaping onto the bed, Garr tore out the human's throat before he could make a sound.

A minute later muzzle glistening red, Garr leaped out of the window, dropping half a dozen feet to the cold ground and making his way out of the alley. The itch was becoming unbearable, though, and he couldn't resist scratching at it. As his hind paw came up to his shoulder, Garr lost his balance and knocked over a garbage can. pl*ps, no way that wasn't heard. Itch forgotten, Garr dashed out of the mouth of the alley, and into the city. Gotta find Vanessa. Find out what all is going on.

Pushing open the door to the bar, Garr could feel a set of eyes on him immediately. After sensing an inhuman entity in the building, Garr had made his way inside, searching for it. He was sure it was Vanessa, given that this was one of her favorite hunting grounds, and it was so close to where the wereshark had appeared. As his eyes scanned the room, Garr caught sight of Vanessa as she focused her attention on some male she'd found. Beckoning him to follow her, the unfortunate human went with her all too willingly. As the bathroom door closed behind them, Garr heard a muffled thud as she fed. Positioning himself in front of the door, Garr blocked anyone else from entering until she came out, wiping her mouth clean.

Grabbing the vampire's arm, Garr pulled her out of the back door, and into the night. As she tore her arm from his grasp, Garr faced her as he worked his mouth to get used to it. "Talk," he choked out, unfamiliar with the human tongue.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
    After having just finished her meal, she lay the poor sob on one of the toilet seats and closed the door before she head out, only to be grabbed by her arm and led outside. The powerful grip made her think he was a kindred, but something was off. He smelled... "alive". Her mind immediately thought back to the black wolf from before. When they were outside, she pulled away from him and looked at him with stern eyes, she wasn't about to cower, even in the face of a werewolf. She would show dominance of this beast in their city.. a kindred city.

"Talk", he choked out.

"Talk? I think that should be my line stranger. How are you even in our city anyways? Did the princess give you permission?" She folded her arms angrily. Then she sighed. "I got a letter that said to meet a contact - I didn't know who - at the park tonight. He told me that there's supposedly an ancient kindred running around now which would signal Gehenna."

She looked at the dumbfounded face he was making, thinking maybe the Princess didn't explain about Gehenna... then again it was the Camarilla, they don't believe the ancients exist.

"
    The end of the world." She summed it up. "I suppose my clan has a sort of Insight that allows us to see things, things of people's past, present, future. Things that we shouldn't see. That's why they contacted me, along with other of my clan I suppose, but I still don't know how I can help. It's not like I'm myself when I see these things, and I can't seem to remember when I do become myself again."

She sighed again, and went to lean up on the club's wall turning her face to keep an eye on the lupin, curious as to why he was asking questions.

Wauten Dayhil

Garr kept his face as a mask of stupidity, seeing how much she would give up without him prompting it. Sometimes silence is the best way to get information, he thought to himself. Though, the girl seemed to know about as much as he did. Deciding to trudge through her questions one by one, Garr formed his words carefully before speaking.

"Garr," he said, with a hand on his chest, "Princess's... lap dog. Favorite," he worked his mouth, still getting a feel for it. How do the other wolves speak so fluently? he wondered. "Your... vision. Shows you nothing?"

As he waited for her response, Garr surveyed the area, looking for possible escape routes and anyone trying to get close to them. As his itch made itself known again, Garr rubbed at his shoulder irritably. How much longer until you finish healing?

Em_Pu

James seeing the text message on his phone about a recent attack on a security compound which was holding items of interest. You call me that if you wish, James answers Jin's question with a bit of a hushed undertone My coordination with your Task Force is necessary unfortunately. James sighed and shows his phone to Jin. Now I would only suggest sending in a assault force to that compound ASAP! And for the dead leave him or send a clean up team we have to either go after the compound which is by my gps a nice 115 miles or.. His words cut short hearing the trash can fall over near the mouth of the alleyway, his actions catching the better of him as he raises his crossbow in anticipation dropping his phone besides Jin.

He pushes to the mouth of the alleyway to see nothing but tiny droplets of blood, before he continued out of the alleyway he freezes and slowly back ups. Cars zoom by, James realizing he just can't walk around looking like a time lost mercenary in down town Los Angeles.
    Looks like something or someone was spying on us. mumbled James lowering his crossbow started examining the small remnants blood. Who else was here? James Questioned. looking back at Jin.

Last edited:

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    “Right,” Jin replied while not really listening to the Lucy (Lucifage), the accent already making it hard to concentrate on whatever he was talking about. Gently picking up locks of hair from the ground and slipping them into a plastic bag. Time to process it. If I am lucky we can have a match already, if not I can add it to my database so others or myself can at least know if it is the same doggie trying to fück with us. Putting the bag of werewolf hair away, Jin watched the excitable civilian decided to run off on his own.

Standing up, Jin opened the back of the cell phone. Quickly and quietly removing the batter, Jin placed a small bug in it. Patching it through the phones power source and even the SIM. Thankfully the phone had Bluetooth for remote listening as well. Let’s see if he can actually be useful. Looking at James crouching by the blood, Jin decided to walk over. Pressing a button on his Bluetooth, he began to be able to hear through the phone. With another press, the minor echo went away.

“So he can slow down,” Jin quipped. Question is how much is worth sharing. “We are looking at the Lycan who was fighting with the Hengeyokai. As our primary focus.”

With any luck that doggie will take us to the hemophage woman. I should check back on my computer, get more updates on any decently scaled massacres lately. Also through some street cam footage...

Jin walked out through the alley and into the street. Marking the strange blood splatter pattern. Something tells me this is a messy eater... If he turned into a human form, the question is did he wipe his face... Calling back to the Irishman. "I doubt they got too far. Care for a drink? I would hate to assume based on stereotypes."

Em_Pu

James taking a blood sample from the ground and putting into a vial as Jin's question seemed like a marvellous idea by the second. Just being off the boat and thrown into the city wasn't the exact plan for James. "Yea I can do that, only a couple though then back to work." James bargained with Jin slightly uncomfortable with the whole idea considering his past with alcohol. James looking at Jin, "Where is this place we are going for some drinks at? And may I have my phone back, I need to call someone." James questioned remembering he dropped his phone beside Jin a couple minutes ago.

"As for the Hengeyokai don't they tend to keep to their eastern boarders? Never seen to many in the U.K. and Europe." James ponders aloud walking towards the exit of the alleyway to where his car is parked. I have to talk to higher about these people, especially Jackie Chan over here. Have to make sure I can trust them if I tell them what the Lucifuge knows, can't let the panic spread to the public.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
    "Your... vision. Shows you nothing?" he asked her.

She shook her head slightly. "It's not that. It's if my 'Insight' is showing me, then I'm not aware of it. It seems to come from my other side, whether or not you've met her."
    Vanessa pushed herself off of the wall and turned again to look at the lupin and sighed.

"
    Well Garr," she says looking at the lupin suspiciously, "I'm Vanessa. If you are welcomed by the Princess, then I'll accept that for now, but I don't know what else to tell you. I think we have bigger problems for the time being. Those hunters will no doubt be on our trail at some point in time, but when they do will it be back to 'killing as usual' or will we continue where we left off? His trigger happy partner might say otherwise."

She put a finger to her chin and thought about what might be happening. These past few nights have felt quite strange, an uneasiness in the air, but she wasn't sure if the lupin could feel it too or if that was a kindred-only thing. If what that other kindred said was true... that an Antediluvian was free; then it wasn't in her nature to just sit idly by as the end of the world comes. There was something else... a dark flicker in the back of her mind - a hope? A hunger? It was a remnant of the dark hunger of her other side that loved the blood of kindred as much as the blood of kine. It was a dangerous Beast to contend with, more so than any.

She was resolute to continue however, and she looked to Garr for a moment thinking maybe him being a werewolf could help them in this regard. Werewolves were viciously strong in their man-beast hybrid form. She wasn't sure if his wolf form was as strong, but it was certainly more useful to move around a city than a gigantic wolf-man monster. The hunters on the other hand... she wasn't sure what to make of them, to suddenly appear out of nowhere and asking questions. There was definitely something more going on than she knew.

"
    We should keep moving. Shouldn't linger for too long, especially with the hunters only few miles away. Especially since if you could find me, I'm sure they will eventually."

Wauten Dayhil

Garr followed after the vampire, looking over his shoulder as he left the shelter of the building's shadow. With no one in sight, and no scent on the wind, Garr immediately shifted back to his wolf form. The ache and itch of his shoulder was nearly gone, which meant his body was back to full working order. As he silently padded behind Vanessa, Garr let his mind wander back to the fight. A wereshark, a vampire, and a hunter walk into a bar... Where did that thing come from? And why was it able to elude my senses so well? I barely had enough time to react before it barreled into me. And where did all those other hunters come from? No way they were there for the wereshark, not that quickly. Must've started on their way when the first hunter was diddling on his phone. So, they must be after Vanessa, or the other vampire. Bald freak.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    “There is a bar close to here,” Jin replied, tossing the other hunter his phone. “You would think so, but truthfully every now and again one leaves their clan back in Asia. Be it disgrace and exile, or sincere immigration. In the end, before the go feral most ExNorms are basically people trying to live their lives.”

Jin made his way down to the other hunter’s car. Nice, Jin mused. Somebody is a fan of Supernatural. Somehow it made Jin even more uneasy to partner with James. An obvious civilian who seemed to take hunting as much about playing out fantasies from television and movies as actually helping people. The fact they brought an Irishman to the west coast when he would work better on the East coast means one of two things. They operate pretty much independently, or he is actually really good. Jin laughed to himself as he had a pretty good idea which side of the fence James fell on.

“The place is just up the road, within walking distance. It is called The Little Bar Lounge it is a dive. But it is pretty damn good.”

Jin made his way through the buildings, taking some time to brush off his suit and straighten his hair. Going to have to check that armory and get some real artillery, Jin made a face. I just hope I properly assess the situation, don’t feel like dying because I underestimated whatever the hell is going on. Jin took out his notepad and scribbled down a note:
    Objectives 1. Locate Werewolf and Hemophage Woman. 2. Get intel on Antediluvian. 3. Track down signs of said Antedil. 4. Kill the piece of plops and fill out the paperwork.

Jin took a long drag from his cigarette and let the smoke slowly leak out of his mouth as he made his way to the bar.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
    It was almost dawn, as most of the nocturnal creatures slumped back to their refuge for the time being, the creature too brought its sarcophagus somewhere safe to rest. Many murders on the first night had everyone shaken. The police believing a killer is on the loose, the kindred believing Gehenna was upon them, hunters not knowing what to make of it, the garou outside of the city limits have gotten wind of the news. It won't be long now before more incidents happen, and the denizens of the city will have to witness the coming of darkness.

Vanessa retreated to her safe house for the time being while Garr separated from her to his own safe haven. They agreed to meet up again when the sun set to investigate this "ancient" business. The daytime passed as it normally does, mortals going about their pathetic lives not knowing the secrets that stalk them in the night.. Soon and yet not soon enough, the sun finally set and the creatures of the night were awake once more...

The creature arose and went back out into the night almost fully restored. It made its way through the city invisibly until it reached its destination. A skyscraper with an important figure inside. The moment it entered the door dressed half naked with a lower dress robe only, adorned with golden jewelry fit for ancient kings, its malicious grin gave warning to the guards and the woman sitting at the receptionist desk. Before the guards had time to act, the creature swooped in and tore their throats out, and then with cat-like speed and grace it pounced on the woman, biting into her neck and drained her of her blood to the last drop. Her body fell limply to the floor.

The creature wiped its mouth and proceeded to the elevator where it rose to the highest floor. There through the double doors the creature and the Princess of the city stared into each other eyes for just a small moment. The creature grinned again and only said two words -

"My childe..." before baring down on her with its fangs diablerizing her.

~~~

Vanessa awoke in shock when the sun finally set. She vaguely recalled a strange dream. A walking nightmare that went and killed the Princess of the city, but that was impossible. She got up, took a shower, and clothed herself before heading out to meet Garr.

Wauten Dayhil

Garr emerged from the aqueduct into the morning sun. Already, traffic was picking up as humans went about their morning rituals. Children boarded buses, parents drove to work, and Garr went looking for food. Walking into a diner, Garr sat beside one of the Princess's human consorts. After grunting at him, Garr ordered a small buffet and wolfed it down, enjoying the waitress's wide eyes as the food disappeared. Once he ordered another round and ate that too, Garr walked out, leaving the Princess's man to pay for the ticket as he was ordered to. It's nice having connections, he thought to himself as he strolled down the street.

For the rest of the day, Garr wandered the city. Walking in and out of shops, traveling through the system of aqueducts, or passing time in bars. He didn't want to get drunk, nor could he, but nursing beers was a good way to kill time until sunset. An hour before sunset, Garr strolled out into the city and headed for Griffith Park, the designated meeting place.

Twenty minutes passed as Garr sat against a tree, watching the birds swoop down to their nests, and headlights dot the landscape as people headed for home. "Hey," he said, without looking behind him as Vanessa silently strode up.

Em_Pu

"Good to know. And never knew that, learn something new everyday I guess." James said simply while catching his phone. James walks towards his car and strips his gear quickly and puts on a black leather jacket with a airborne patch on the left shoulder. He turns quickly to see Jin already on his way to the bar. "clearly not a people person this one, not the most friendly either. The boozer better have some nice cold beers, I swear to god." James smiled thinking about a nice cold beer as he caught up to Jin. Its been quite some time since he was able to enjoy a delicious beverage.

James walked beside Jin oh there way to the bar, which appeared to be a old bar hidden between the flashy stores to either side. The street lights turning off as the sun is on its way into the sky. "Was it really that late when I got to LA? I am going to need sleep soon." James realize his sleep pattern is probably going to be out of whack for awhile thanks to the wonderful time difference.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    “Yes, when the sun is down, it is usually nighttime here.” Jin kept smoking. It is going to be a very long night, Jin cursed. After some conversation not much about anything at all Jin left the bar with a few drinks under his belt. While he was feeling pretty relaxed, he kept his wits about him as he made his way back to his hotel room. Once inside he got onto his laptop.

Logging into the Valkyrie direct server Jin began to type up his report. It was long and arduous filing every detail and clearance to submit the evidence he gathered from the scene. It thought about the last bit he would like to request. It was not much, but it could be instrumental. Traffic camera footage, especially of the exit alleyways of the slums. Anyone coming out the alley ways specifically and of the surrounding areas. Most ExNorms would never consider that eyes could be on them outside of living eyes, Jin was thinking as he also began to search through the database for anyone matching his memory of the incident.

He found the man with tattoos, but Jin knew that the woman would be the best source. He found women who was close to the description. God what is it with vampires and leather, doesn’t chafing still exist for ExNorms. Jin giggled at the thought that they dressed like they were going through some goth phase that never died after high school. His mirth soon died, as he would likely find the dog before he found the woman.

“So it is time,” Jin thought, a big grin growing on his face. “Going to need to upgrade my arsenal, and that means it is time to begin this hunt in earnest.”

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
    Vanessa came to the spot that she was to meet Garr, but instead found this human man who greeted her as she approached, without turning around. She arched a brow in confusion wondering who he was. At first she was about to ask, but hesitated as she looked him over. There was something strangely familiar about him...

"
    Is that you wolfman?" She asked, wanting to confirm his identity. She also decided that was the nickname she was going to give him from now on anyways. She approached him cautiously and then she sensed his Aura. She smiled decisively.

"It is. I hope you haven't been waiting long. I had to catch my breakfast." She added the last bit with a bit of flare as she flicked back her hair.

"Well" she sighed, "We have more hunters now, rumor of an Ancient loose in the city, and no leads. What do you think should be our next move?"

She was still disturbed by the "daydreams". She wasn't even sure if Kindred dreamed anymore. She had "lived" for nearly thirty more years after the night she was Embraced, and not once did she dream since then. Until now. She looked at Garr and wondered if lupins still dreamed. She snapped back into focus at the task at hand and awaited a reply.

Last edited:

Wauten Dayhil

"Wolfman? Garr," he scowled at the vampire. Irritating blood sucker. Garr chewed on his cheek, though, as he pieced together the words, "Hunters only attack... in secret. With prey, humans, we safe," Damn this human tongue. And damn you for not being a wolf, that'd make this so much simpler, he thought as he looked the vampire over.

"Ancients old vampire... Sleep in... old den?" Come on, Vanessa. Understand me! We have to find old hideouts! The Ancient could be hiding in one of those!
    Clenching his fist as his patience for his human tongue wore thin, Garr paced around the tree, hoping the vampire would understand him.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Jin woke up to his earpiece vibrating violently. Yes, Jin smiled. Got a hit. The Hunter gathered his clothes, still dressing to the eight and a halves. Comfortable sport coat, V-neck T-shirt, and jeans, enough to hide his pistols and gadgets. He would have to hit the armory after checking up on this lead. He snatched up his keys, but when he got outside he found a Task Force Car waiting for him.

“Thanks,” Jin smiled, his heartrate rising. “Situation.”

“Whoa there,” his driver responded. “Look, we need you to just talk to them. We got a hit off a couple of street lights. A man who left the alley with an injured shoulder that correlated with the wolf facing the Hengeyokai received. As we organized a black bag, he met a woman matching your description. We have snipers out, and teams on standby. With your report, we tried to get some sniffers ready, but not much we can do for invisibility.”

“Talk…” Jin took a deep breath. “Right… This case is about the Antediluvian. Whatever the fluff that is…”

“We got the scholars working on that,” The driver stopped at a stop light. “If the term follows the actual definition…”

“Like it ever fluffing does with these guys…”

“Yeah, yeah… It is just a culture thing… Anyway… It is old… Based on the corpses a Hemophage like creature.”

“How old…”

“Pre-Biblical-Flood.”

“fluff me…”

"We are reaching out to some of the ExNorm contacts we have see if we can get anything. Campfire stories are better than nothing."

Jin laughed at the driver's last statement as he began preparing himself for the next meeting with the ExNorms. I don’t need the Spider, I need her to stay lucid. Jin got out the car, not caring about the wind. He strode brazenly down the street with the people around them his scent was basically hidden. He strode up to the pair, arms out to the sides. Smile on his lips meeting genuinely happy eyes, even if in the back of them you could swear there was a predatory glean as he called out to the ExNorms like they were old friends.

“Yo, yo, yo. What is up, guys? Work has been so fluffing hectic, ya know? But I made it.”

Last edited: