PC Won't load from a backup save folder

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

legswilly

I backed up the "save" folder to "backup_save" after defeating Vyrthur on the temple balcony. I opened the game and went to complete the Skaal quest to get frea as a second follower. That worked OK. I have her as a follower. I then backed up the save folder again to a folder called "got frea".

I then copied the contents of the "backup_save" folder to the "save" folder. On opening the game, it is synchronising???? and the game with frea as second follower is opening.

What I wanted to do is start again after defeating Vyrthur and try to get Aela by completing the Companions quest. I needed to have the original "save" folder opening.

What am I doing wrong, Or does that not work?
Thank you for replying from legswlly.

legswilly

Thank you Pete. I did not turn off Steam Cloud Sync.
Since then I found out that Steam cloud is indeed the culprit that mucks around with my saves. So now I play with it turned off.

Pete

Find the game in your steam library and right click and do properties. I know you can do properties option from the list.

I turned it off a long time ago due to mods.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts