why would anyone play a non Nord when Skyrim is about Norse Viking/ Anglo Saxon Warrior Culture

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I hate playing as nords because they're racist and the warrior playstyle is too repetitive for me. Slash slash block slash block slash slash zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
DUNMER FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Catwoman

Notorious Cat Burglar
Well The Elder Scrolls isn't called a roleplaying game for the sake of it.
images

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I hate playing as nords because they're racist and the warrior playstyle is too repetitive for me. Slash slash block slash block slash slash zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
DUNMER FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately true, because whenever I pick Nord I tend to wipe out every orc stronghold in the game.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
DUNMER FTW!!!!!!!!!!

The Dunmer race, Sure do got some hawt women o_O *kidnaps* lol

Medea

The Shadow Queen
So you think blueish skin and dark red eyes are hawt? Well...if that's what you're into lol ;)

Well, Mystique from the X-Men movies had blue skin and yellow eyes. Plus, she had red hair and scaly skin, and everyone thought she was hawt. Then again, it was Rebecca Romijn in body paint, completely naked other than a few conveniently placed pieces of plastic and rubber. lol

Benthos

Proud Mer
It's the homeland of the Nords, sure, I do plan on starting a Nord sometime in the future but they made it more universal to enjoy any sort of combination with any of the races in this game. Unlike the predecessors, you couldn't enjoy an Argonian, elf of any sort, or Khajit in the same setting as a Nord or Orc. They made it so you could wear anything with any race, you could utilize any weapon how you want with any race, besides the improved graphics which make Khajit and Argonian look much better than Oblivion and earlier, if I wanted to be a mage Argonian, I can in Skyrim but not really in Oblivion and earlier. If you wanted to switch out from being a mage and decide to be a warrior or a thief, you could do that in Skyrim.

Skyrim is my personal favorite in story, gameplay, and graphics.

Without being condescending, rude or pretentious, I'm going to have to guess that people might have unique desires and opinions relating to their role-play style and builds.

I'll say it again; this board has some really friendly people. Unique opinions are so threatening. It's a shame I forgot to bring my pitchfork and torch.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I played a Nord once. It was horribly boring. I played it again, trying as many different styles as I could, still as a Nord. Assassin, archer, mage, warlock, tank, warrior. I tried them all. Still bored. Tried it with an Argonian - AWESOME AS HELL.

I guess I'm just messed up in the head though :u

Harc

Big Hog
It's called the choose of freedom, play whenever race you want.... if you wanna play a nord that's fine but as for me. Threads like this makes me wanna side with the Aldmeri Domain wonder if they have a job application for a lone redguard :)
We do, we could use you as a spy to stalk the enemies of the dominion, ill talk to my cousin elenwen about it
(Role playing as grand Mage Aerinir)

sticky runes

Well, if you're somebody who is playing the game for the first time, and everything is new to you, and you don't know anything about the country that it's set in, you don't know anything about the religions or the towns and their rulers or the laws, then it would seem kind of silly to be playing as one of the locals. Surely it would make more sense to play as a foreigner who is exploring the country for the first time, yes?

Harc

Big Hog
Well, if you're somebody who is playing the game for the first time, and everything is new to you, and you don't know anything about the country that it's set in, you don't know anything about the religions or the towns and their rulers or the laws, then it would seem kind of silly to be playing as one of the locals. Surely it would make more sense to play as a foreigner who is exploring the country for the first time, yes?
Yes, "excuse me mr. Bartender, could I get some of that mead?" "Yes you can, that will be 14 gold" "on second thought ill take 2 bottles, you could use the gold to fix this crapy establishment, this mead is more expensive than your house."

Lifts-Her-Tail

Argonians are awesome as well as they can breathe underwater!!! I like all beast races and I like all other races to be honest as well, but beast races intrigue me more :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts