• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I've been thinking a lot about whether or not to turn my Dunmer into a vampire. I do role play. So I'm weighing my options on why I shouldn't.

Lore wise, People in the Elder Scrolls abhor vampires including the ones who still have their sanity. Because they're probably expecting the ones who still have their sanity to become feral or something. Much like the ghouls in the Fallout games. Eventually they just go bad.

It seems that a lot of vampires become insane and blood thirsty over time like Lord Harkon and several of the vampires we kill in the game that are spouting insanities about killing you for your blood. It makes me wonder if Molag Bal has a way of manipulating them, much in the same way that Hircine can control his were beasts.

I guess I could look at being a vampire as a con. Sure, you won't die from any nasty diseases or from aging. But eventually someone is going to kill you. If anything it's just an extension with some bad side effects.

So should I or shouldn't I do it?

harper22

In Harry Potter, becoming a vampire is a sort of immortality. It's the only way to be truly "alive" and still never get old or die. Of course, you may not want to become a vampire forever. It might be cool at first, but being immortal probably has some downsides. There are especially disadvantages if you're planning to live among humans.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts