Why is Serana's command function hidden?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I don't get why it's impossible to ask her to do something. She is capable of carrying out commands (I've done it) so why did bethesda take the dialog option out?

Tyer032392

I think the "command function" for Serana is not enabled until after Kindred Judgement quest. After that, Serana becomes a basic follower and therefor has all the follower functions.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I think the "command function" for Serana is not enabled until after Kindred Judgement quest. After that, Serana becomes a basic follower and therefor has all the follower functions.

Are you sure about this ? Because I cured her from vampirism but I can not command her to do stuff that normally you can ask other followers to do for you. The only options I am showing are : - Wait here, we part aways, I need you to do something for me ( which lead you only to give or take things ) ... but I can not command her to : do that for me ... stuff like that ....

Tyer032392

Are you sure about this ? Because I cured her from vampirism but I can not command her to do stuff that normally you can ask other followers to do for you. The only options I am showing are : - Wait here, we part aways, I need you to do something for me ( which lead you only to give or take things ) ... but I can not command her to : do that for me ... stuff like that ....

You can't cure Serana until after Kindred Judgement. This is also around the time that some of the other follower options become available.

orca45

You can't cure Serana until after Kindred Judgement. This is also around the time that some of the other follower options become available.

I think we are not understanding each other here bro. I already finished that quest after I killed Harkon and I cured Serana but the conversation option that you talking about is not available for me. Can you list all the options available in YOUR conversation menu with Serana please ? ;)

Tyer032392

I think we are not understanding each other here bro. I already finished that quest after I killed Harkon and I cured Serana but the conversation option that you talking about is not available for me. Can you list all the options available in YOUR conversation menu with Serana please ? ;)

The basic commands I usually have on Serana for the ones that I have noticed is

wait here
We need to part ways
Go here (after kindred judgement, though never used it)
Option to cure her of vampirism

orca45

The basic commands I usually have on Serana for the ones that I have noticed is

wait here
We need to part ways
Go here (after kindred judgement, though never used it)
Option to cure her of vampirism

Then I think I am probably GLITCHED ... because that option “ go here” is not available in my conversation menu. I can only ask her to exchange stuff with me + wait here + Part aways but anyway, I am not interested to be honest ( just curious about it ) because I am not keeping her with me anymore. She is annoying me by engaging in combat when I do not want so I dropped her at Fort Dawnguard and she can stay there for the rest of her life.

Usulama

Wait, now I'm confused. You can cure Serana?
I killed Harkon, became the owner of the castle, and she asked if she could still tag along and I said yes.
I only have the normal follower options, except the command option. I don't have "go here" or "I need you to do something for me".

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I think you can only cure her via The Dawnguard storyline.
and I don't have a "I need you to do something" dialogue choice, but when go to move an item near her the game goes into the follower command function.

orca45

Wait, now I'm confused. You can cure Serana?
I killed Harkon, became the owner of the castle, and she asked if she could still tag along and I said yes.
I only have the normal follower options, except the command option. I don't have "go here" or "I need you to do something for me".

Yes, you can cure her but only if :
- You are not a vampire but a dawnguard
- After you kill Harkon
- you never asked before if she wanted to be cured

... if you meet those requirements, then, after you kill Harkon, she will talk to you regarding the killing of his father. Let that conversation stick to that she is welcome at the Dawnguard Fort and that you will be happy if she comes with you. Leave the room and open the conversation menu again and ask her if she wanted to be cure; she will reply “why” and you answer “to be the person you were before” and she will agree stating that it would be nice not to be thirsty again and she will tell you that she knows that Falion ( in Morthal ) handles this type of cure, that she will get the cure and will be back as soon as she gets done. Then wait 3 days - game and she will be back to Fort Dawnguard cured from vampirism.
Don’t forget to save your game before you open the conversation menu in which you ask her to be cured. Also, if for any reason you asked her before the same question, YOU WILL NEVER get her to be cured at all. If this is the case, you need to reload your game when you open the chest where she was hiding and go from there. Happy gaming ... ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts