Why I always take time to loot...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

Screenshot_20150616_142732.png

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Nice! I'm currently wondering how to craft stuff.. I'm stuck at the "Style"..

JoeReese

Nice! I'm currently wondering how to craft stuff.. I'm stuck at the "Style"..

Assuming you have all the materials you need, which at low levels would be iron, jute, or I think rawhide, you use the left and right arrow markers to determine which style
you want to make, subject to which style materials you have on hand. For example, Breton smithing requires molybdenum, 1 per piece of armor or weapon you craft, no matter how
many of the actual armor materials you use. When you level up to using orichalcum ingot to make armor, that doesn't mean it has to be orcish style. With a piece of starmetal, you
can make Redguard style armor, or adamantite for High Elven, etc.

If you're not seeing these options, you either don't know the racial style yet, or you don't have the right style material on you. Though they don't sell the base materials, like
iron, orichalcum, dwarven metal, ebony, etc., most of the NPC blacksmith vendors will sell the common style materials, for about 15. Pick a crafting style you know, make sure you
have enough ingots and at least one piece of the right style material, and that option should show for you.

If it doesn't, uncheck the 'have items' and 'have knowledge' boxes, and it should give you the full menu, with items you can't craft in red.

The trait stones, below the style material, work much the same way. Once you've researched a trait, such as a sturdy cuirass like the one about to be crafted, you can then apply
the sturdy trait to any heavy cuirass you make, as long as you have one of the stones (quartz, in this case) required to do so. (Materials can be in your bank and still be used from
any forge. They don't need to be physically carried.

Screenshot_20150616_163931.png

Lucid

Nice score Joe!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I just found out that the Bosmer Style of rawhide is pretty epic :p I'm considering getting Plus, as you get 1500 crowns along with it and it's the same price as 1500 crowns alone. Seems like a good deal.

JoeReese

I just found out that the Bosmer Style of rawhide is pretty epic :p I'm considering getting Plus, as you get 1500 crowns along with it and it's the same price as 1500 crowns alone. Seems like a good deal.
I guess it depends on what you use crowns for. We got some for having played beta, or for having a subscription before, but I haven't bought any. They would seem to have nerfed the special horses, so that the crown store horses aren't any faster or stronger than any other horse, but there are some pretty cool looking pets and tiger mounts and such.

Brofski

I've found all the normal racial styles except Dunmer and Nord. Not bad for level 36. how easy are the rarer ones such as Imperial, Barbaric, Daedric etc to find?

Lucid

Imperial is very rare, and still sells for 100k on PC even after a year of being live. Daedric, Primal, Barbaric and Ancient Elf are much more common, but only found in vet zones iirc. They are all a little less common since the Justice System implementation.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts