• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xarnac

I was curious about people's time, why I made a thread about it. Would you say you "rushed" through it? Could you list the quest count please? How many "side quests" etc.

J'Sabbah

With a lot of these things I think it's as long as you wanna make it. I've been playing the vampire side of the the dlc for about six hours in total now and I'm only on the second quest. And I don't feel like I'm being slow or dragging it out. Sure you could probably fast travel thru and do them in three hours each but where's the fun in that...

Fresh Flower

Trust me, I didn't rush at all, I did all those little quests they wanted me to do, I even got stuck in a few glitches and had to find ways to bypass them.

Xarnac

Would you equate it to one of the longer Fallout DLCs? In "size" I mean, not subject content.

What difficulty are you on? I played about 5 hrs last night on one questline, while fast traveling, and have only just got to the portal.

I'm a lvl 52 stealth-archer on master difficulty.

Fresh Flower

I'd say it was the size of "The Pitt" from fallout 3, I remember spending 6 hours doing The Pitt.

Cristian - I did all the little side quests in the soul cairn and in the forts.

Xarnac

I figured this much as Beth said that Dawn would be roughly the size of a faction quest line from Sky, then said 10-20 hours. Anybody that's gone through the faction lines in Sky, knows they are no where near 10-20 hours long.

Fresh Flower

I'm on Adept not Novice.

Spoiler Below!

Both sides suck, they're both basically the exact same quest line, you go to the same places for example you have to get Devion Evicus, if you're the Dawnguard you kill vampires who have taken him, if you're a vampire you kill the Dawnguard and they're in the exact same place!

If you're a vampire and kill Lord Harkon you'd expect to become the leader but instead they all treat you badly still in the castle, they still say "Stay away or I'll rip your arm off", you get no respect.

The bow you get is weaker than the nightingale bow by 7 damage points, the horse (which I'll never use) is a nice addition but people like to explore by walking, the only things I entirely liked was the vampire lord, getting that Snow elves armour when you kill him and recruiting members for the Dawnguard.

It's a waste, they've just put two sides with the same questline.

SaveVsBedWet

Just finished both quest lines, took around 3 hours each, it actually just felt like doing the civil war.

Oh for crying out loud. The Civil War?! I completely forgot about that!

So all this time those message boys running around with notes that Jordis told Dr. D'Irsei were deviant stalkers were actually trying to get help? This can't be true. They were thieves at least. Look how many arrows they took with them when they ran away.

Nick_Tbolt

I'm still on the Dawnguard quests right now, I have put around 10 hours in so far, on Expert, did all the crossbow quests, found some Dawnguard Rune objects and around 15 cleansing light and like 5 hide and seek, rescued 3 people. I LOVE this DLC

Redguard level 81 - Enchanted Dragon Sword - Fully Upgraded Werewolf

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Yea, I'm still working my way through the Vampire side. The Soul Carin is HUGE. I kept getting lost in it. And it's nice that you can return to it to finish the Side Quests that are within. I'm sorry, but if you've finished this DLC within 3 hours, you must have blown through it. Because I think I'm maybe about halfway done. Though it's difficult to say.

Hunfar

I'm guessing when they said 10-20 hours they were also talking about content not just quests. I don't have 360 so I don't know how it works or what's all in it, but there's also perks and new items to be collected/created (I think) etc... Basically all devs overstate the completion time just for your money, though.

xaraan

No way, it's bs to think you can do everything there is to do in the dlc in a few hours. I played through, not rushing or taking my time; just going about and I tend to stay pretty focused. It provided me with all day yesterday and most of today in entertainment just doing the dawnguard side.

Improving equipment, learning to make all the xbows and bolts, getting the runed dawnguard items, doing the dwemer quest and getting the choice of the three artifacts there, including doing the actual main quest. There is plenty to do in this dlc. I have yet to play the vampire side or even bother to level up my werewolf guy yet. And I still have to go find the special gems on the frost giants and do those little side quests.

Stop hating on it.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
It took me a hour just to do the quest "Lost in Time". Yesterday i started playing at 8am and i finished the main quest line at about 9pm, so about 11 hours i took it slow but also i did no side quest. Today i resarted it since i knew what to expect and i was doing FUN sidequest for about 4 hours untill i decided to start my Dawnguard character.

it will take you over an hour just to level up your vampire lord to max, and it is worth every second.