Whats the hardest enemy camp to clear in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Me and my friends have debated this before and even had competitions on who can use there strongest characters and clear out different camps the fastest. So i was wondering what u guys thought. Not counting caves or dungeons just open world terrain. Whether its foresworn, bandit, or mage camps which one in your honest opinion is the toughest to take out? For me its the foresworn camp that looks like its floating on a lake with wooden decks, wish i could remember the name of it, its also got a nasty hagraven there along with the hundreds of foresworn who turn into angry bees when disturbed, its like a hornets nest! Even my strongest character must stock up on health potions and power ups to clear that one.

bogdanrus98

Kein drun nunon faaz. (War brings only pain)
You are thinking of Kartsphire camp. It is a difficult camp indeed. I think the hardest camp is Dredunach Redbout( sorry if I wrote it wrong) also a forsworn camp. They are usually the hardest because of the brutality of the forsworn.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Faldar's Tooth in the Rift. At least I think it's that ruin, the one where there is three NPC's camped out the front and they give you a quest to infiltrate the keep. Whilst it is only inhabited by bandits, let me tell you that they must be on steroids and pcp because they fight like thrashing machines. It's a really good test of your character's capabilities. Try it without a follower, early game and see how you go.

You are thinking of Kartsphire camp. It is a difficult camp indeed. I think the hardest camp is Dredunach Redbout( sorry if I wrote it wrong) also a forsworn camp. They are usually the hardest because of the brutality of the forsworn.
In addition, there is often a dragon hanging around as well.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
In addition, there is often a dragon hanging around as well.
Yup! Sure is! First time i ever came across that place it was because i was chasing a dragon in that area, little did i know that the dragon was the least of my worries, by the time i realized how many foresworn were in the camp i was surrounded and quickly killed, i grew a lasting hatred for that place since then. I finally cleared it by taking Serana along but even with her it took every last health potion i had and i was barely alive by the time it was done.

Tyer032392

The Forge from the quest "Lost to the ages". Had some very powerful Dwemer machines and a Centurion that shot lava instead of steam.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Treva's Watch can also test your " metal " .

Agreed - I got mangled multiple times going through that place. There are a few corridors which are really narrow, and it's easy to get overwhelmed by the melee guys upfront whilst getting shot by the archers and/or mages who stay behind them.

Ouch.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Faldar's Tooth in the Rift. At least I think it's that ruin, the one where there is three NPC's camped out the front and they give you a quest to infiltrate the keep. Whilst it is only inhabited by bandits, let me tell you that they must be on steroids and pcp because they fight like thrashing machines. It's a really good test of your character's capabilities. Try it without a follower, early game and see how you go.
I know the place your talking about! First time i ran into that group i attacked them thinking they were bandits, later realized you could talk to them and foolishly accepted the mission with no idea how many bloodthirsty bandits lay in wait for me. Took several tries and a dozen potions but i finally prevailed by sneaking around with a bow firing pot shots, cheap tactic but it worked.

Liger

The Forswarm cam below the Blades fortress is a real pain in the azz. Not too sure what its called thou K somthing I think. West of Roriksted

Agentoringe

Open world? eh...idk, karthspire isn't much of a challenge with sneaky characters, slow and steady wins that race easily...the hardest open world fight I've had was early, probably level 30, against a trio of ash spawn in Solstheim, and while running from them I aggrod a group o WEREBEARS. That didn't end well, I'd take 5 karthspires over face checking a group of werebears. AH WAIT! Hardest open world fight ever, just left helgen keep, level 3, got my standing stone and from across the river I start taking arrow shots from 2 bandit chiefs and a bandit plunderer...they are minimum level 8...THAT sir, is a hard fight lol

Tyer032392

Open world? eh...idk, karthspire isn't much of a challenge with sneaky characters, slow and steady wins that race easily...the hardest open world fight I've had was early, probably level 30, against a trio of ash spawn in Solstheim, and while running from them I aggrod a group o WEREBEARS. That didn't end well, I'd take 5 karthspires over face checking a group of werebears. AH WAIT! Hardest open world fight ever, just left helgen keep, level 3, got my standing stone and from across the river I start taking arrow shots from 2 bandit chiefs and a bandit plunderer...they are minimum level 8...THAT sir, is a hard fight lol

Eh, after I left Riverwood, I had three Bandit Chiefs and a freakin giant spawn in my area. Needless to say I was really PO'd and had to do some very intense mountain climbing.

Agentoringe

As far as a dungeon goes, the house of telvanni quest line to kill the fallen apprentice, that tower is like 5 trevas watch combined, there was one point where 6 ash spawn, 2 mages and 2 ash guardians were all in close quarters with me, I spent almost 2 hours trying to get through that place, level 22 pure Mage WITH a mage follower, it was brutal.

Scarheart

"Eternity isn't forever."
Arcwind Point

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Kartspire is difficult. Second time I came across this camp I did it at night and went up into the nearby hills and sniped every single one of them, and they never discovered me. It was fun.
I find Deepwood Redoubt, which leads to Deepwood vale, and then Hags End very frustrating. So many foresworn! Hags Rock Redoubt is also another one.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Agreed the ash spawn are annoying as hell but werebears are a damn nightmare! I've only ran across them a few times but every time it happened i had no choice but to resort to running after being forced to use every health potion in my inventory, those things are so OPed i don't even try to fight them anymore i just run if they spot me. I'm really glad there only in Solsthiem.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Agreed the ash spawn are annoying as hell but werebears are a damn nightmare! I've only ran across them a few times but every time it happened i had no choice but to resort to running after being forced to use every health potion in my inventory, those things are so OPed i don't even try to fight them anymore i just run if they spot me. I'm really glad there only in Solsthiem.

Werebears!?!? Oh crap.. I only just got over my fear of trolls and now there are werebears? :eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts