What's another fast way to level up?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shaneseykins

I feel like smithing takes awhile.. should I just keep doing quests?

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.

Tyer032392

building materials are a good way of leveling up as well. I know that building all the required components for a house usually grants me +2 smithing levels.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Disenchanting and Enchanting, eat lots of new herbs & shrooms, hunt a bunch and get ta brewin! Three ingredients levels you faster than two.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
If you have Dawnguard DLC and get the Aetherial Crown, you can have both the lover stone and one of the three guardian stones attached to your character, giving you a 35% XP bonus for relevant skills.

Jaeger

^^

And sleep in a bed before crafting. Another 10-15% (if not a werewolf; they never get a good nights sleep).

I heard making Dwarven arrows too. The product is weightless and costly, the materials plentiful.

Sell Dwarven arrows to the smith trainer in Riften or Markarth. Buy smithing levels to 50.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Probably you are not going to like it ( some players don't like to cheat ) but if you get the Oghma Infinium book, you will get to level 81 in 2 hours max. I did and I do not regret it ! If you want to do it, you should hurry before patch 1.9 is available bc that patch will forfeit this cheat and you will not longer be able to spoil it. If you don't, then good luck getting to any level higher than 48. After this level, it is very difficult to level up and it does take a long time to step up.

For Smithing, I harvest Hides, and Improve Light Armor from Loot. It's not much Experience each time, but you can get a pile of it from every Bandit Hideout, and knock it out real quick at the first Workbench you come across. Especially Foresworn, because they're all over the Reach (With a lot of Wolves, Deer, Bears, Sabercats, and Foxes if you can hit them.) and often have Smithy stations nearby. Serpent's Bluff is centrally located, and has a Workbench, so you can sweep the Reach, fast travel back and forth, and pretty much keep adventuring. You basically don't ever have to stop for Mining, and Smelting, just shoot game as they appear, and be on your way. Once you get into Giants, they usually drop several hides as well.

Fox pelts are the lightest, while Horse/Cow/Bear pelts yield several Leathers per pelt, so those are the best for carrying around until you get to a Tanning Rack.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
As soon as you leave Helgen and the Standing Stones, hit Embershard Mine for those furs and fur armors, as well as a forge, some ore and ingots, and a book to raise your Smithing skill.

Fly Ammonia for your Alchemy too.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
For Illusion, I would recommend casting Courage on various NPCs (no penalty arises from doing so) during early levels, then switching over to casting Muffle in regular intervals.

dragonman7209

there is several cheat type ways if you want.
For speech you can go the the black briar meadery in riften and keep persuading the shop keeper to tell you about maven and you can take speech up to 100.
For conjuration u can keep casting soul trap on a dead animal and take conjuration up to 100
For smithing and enchantment you can make iron daggers and enchant (banish and paralyze will net the most coin) and sell then to the venders for extra coin. This will take smithing and enchantment up fast.