What truly is the strongest combat style ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

what is truly the best combat style

• Total voters

Panthera

Don Gato
I voted for assassin style.

I feel most comfortable to play as an assassin.
Practical for enjoyment I play assassin based character with warrior and mage addons. Sneak/1H/Archery/Blacksmith/Enchanting/Illusion. Currently my primary weapon is bow... even in close quarters. -.- Well I want to lvl it to 100 (now 97). Soon as I'm done with it I'll get my self pair of blades or I will just add one more dagger so I can do silent dance by dual wielding. ;)

The only problem I have with are mages and dragons... specially the ancient ones. Man they have so much health even my hunting bow which does 250 damage (that is with 4 enchanted pieces of 40% fortify archery) does small damage to them. Well lets just say I have still some challenge left even as stealth player. :D

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I voted for assassin style.

I feel most comfortable to play as an assassin.
Practical for enjoyment I play assassin based character with warrior and mage addons. Sneak/1H/Archery/Blacksmith/Enchanting/Illusion. Currently my primary weapon is bow... even in close quarters. -.- Well I want to lvl it to 100 (now 97). Soon as I'm done with it I'll get my self pair of blades or I will just add one more dagger so I can do silent dance by dual wielding. ;)

The only problem I have with are mages and dragons... specially the ancient ones. Man they have so much health even my hunting bow which does 250 damage (that is with 4 enchanted pieces of 40% fortify archery) does small damage to them. Well lets just say I have still some challenge left even as stealth player. :D
On legendary difficulty it takes my Doomsday bow (which does so much damage it can't display all the numbers on screen) 4(!!!!) arrows to kill legendary dragons, WITH STEALTH CRITS INCLUDED. So annoying-.-

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Nothing compares to a master Jack of all Trades though. With the ability to make all skills legendary and get more perks, they are so overpowered you have to TRY to die. A maxed Jack of all Trades with everything their build can offer will easily annihilate anything and everything pit against them, in almost every situation. I'm not saying it's fair, it is cheap as hell, but it is indisputably the strongest build. Not to mention the most versatile.

Panthera

Don Gato
On legendary difficulty it takes my Doomsday bow (which does so much damage it can't display all the numbers on screen) 4(!!!!) arrows to kill legendary dragons, WITH STEALTH CRITS INCLUDED. So annoying-.-
I play on legendary difficulty. I use a lot of arrows to bring it down. 250 doesn't do much damage and rarely I strike it with 3x 250 damage (even if I'm unseen, if I'm in front of it... it doesn't multiply by 3x damage).

raggedflagon

i have gone shadow (not fully leveled) had a crossbow with steel arrows and sneak attacked a dragon on its perch for 1/3 of its hp after that it basicly franticly tried to attack me but i had resistence potions and all i needed was frostbite venom to kill it in the next 4 shots granted i was a nord attacking a dragon using frost breath but i still killed it in 5 hits, the crossbow is probably the best weapon for the shadow warrior because using stealth triple damage you can pump out neerly 700 damage in your first shot maybe more given that and how i chunked a dragon and kept shooting it when it hovered especially since i put points into stamina mostly i could run away from its mouth to the distance hit starts lobing preverbial shells at you i could sit on a rock and dodge them while shooting at it i killed a blood dragon in 7 hits by doing the same thing and with my stradegy i tend to switch to a great sword if need arises and if i dont like my odds i use unrelenting force to tell them to back the fluff off and then because i dont yet have full stealth perks i have to keep my greatsword up but i still can do well with that not only that but i can also go wear wolf and then my killing them upgrades that when i eat them and i can roar and scare them so taking everything into account as long as the shadow warrior can get the drop on the enemy then it will win especially with a crossbow rather than a bow maybe a dragon bone bow out does a crossbow but until i find that out i will stick with my crossbow oh and i have a mod set up so i have a dawnguard sidequest to get a dwemmer rifle but the amo for it is super expencive as i need fire salts to get amo either way if i just id code the needed items the gun is probably the most op ranged weapon out there and it uses the same sneak stats as a bow so its boom isnt registered by the enemy meaning i can cheese the game and possibly use deadly poisons to one shot dragons because emagine using a weapon that deals 200 damage when its souped up as a base then sneak attacking for triple thats 600 and then a few other factors like the poison making its damage far more powerful than anything else, also the mages detect life and the aura shout doesnt get rid of the players sneak because they help the person find enemys which means that the sneak rule isnt bypassed because you need to have line of sight for you to lose sneak

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts