• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Krom

Am I missing something? I am not bashing the game, I do not regret buying or playing it. It is a beautiful game. I am just a little depressed because I am not sure I have any reason to continue playing.

Is the 2nd fight with Alduin in the spirit world the final battle? Just to make sure I "googled" what the final battle was in the game, and yes my hunch was correct. I just completed the final fight with Alduin, with a character level of 24, no skills over 50, and most of my gear was from the beginning of the game when the Jarl of Dragonsreach/Whiterun gave it to me. I see all this cool stuff in the skills trees like Dragon Armor, Dual Enchantments, Weightless heavy Armor, etc. etc. etc, and was like "YES!!!, grinding and farming will be worth it". Unfortunately all it took was a regular Orc bow and hammer with a level 29 fire enchant to bring down Alduin the 2nd time.

Is there any reason to keep playing? I want there to be challenges beyond Alduin. It is fun in grinding/farming, leveling, crafting and enchanting badass gear. But not so much when it is just to turn around and squash minor side quests and to look at my stats to think "man I am a badA$$". Is there a challenge in the game worth shooting for those high level skills in the skill trees?

Even knowing that a patch or expansion pack might come out later in which I will need that gear to complete it will be enough for me.

Thanks.

Turn it to master difficulty, and imo Alduin isn't even the hardest dragon, I wont spoill it though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Turn it up to master, do the TG quest line and take on Mercer Frey with that equipment.

Krom

Should I restart from level 1? I really do not feel like doing that so soon after I have already experienced those hours of play. Do you think I will be able to enjoy it turning it to master and continuing from where I am?

Thanks guys for the quick responses

Should I restart from level 1? I really do not feel like doing that so soon after I have already experienced those hours of play. Do you think I will be able to enjoy it turning it to master and continuing from where I am?

Thanks guys for the quick responses

I would defiantly recommend restarting the game. From what it sounds like, the only quests you have really done is just the main quest line.

to really experience the game, I recommend staying away from the main quest as much as possible. Just explore, and talk to people, and soon enough, you will find yourself with so many quests, and dungeons to explore, you won't know where to start!

I am lvl 36, and I am about half way through the main quest line. And I wish I haven't even done that much... The more main quests you do, the easier the game gets IMO.

There are literally hundreds of side quests. Some come from people you meet. Some come from books you read, and others you stumble across an artifact, that you bring to a specific person, then they give you a quest related to the item you found.

There is lots to do, and there are many dangerous places to explore. (other then just main quests)

Actually I would say some of the side quests are HARDER then the main ones.. Some are actually really difficult. I find myself dieing from time to time, and I haven't done a main quest in a couple weeks (of real time)

So don't go thinking that once you have the main quest done, that you have finished the game.. Actually it is just the beggining!

Grey Fox

Restart the game on master if you like a challenge. Mudcrabs will show you a whole new spectrum of pain. You could also set some rules/conditions for yourself as well if you are really hardcore.

BIGwooley has a journal going and he has set some pretty crazy restrictions on his character. Restrictions whose specific purpose is to make the game as hard and rewarding as possible. I myself really like a challenge, but BIGwooley takes it to another level. It's a great read too, check it out!

Ive been asking myself that as well. Im pretty sure that its also because im a Melee class atm. Try Rolling a mage or Thief but limit yourself try not using the enchant tree or craft trees.

With my Melee i dropped all my Dragon armor and picked up some iron gear set the game to master and now only use what i find from loot. It adds a little something to the game.

sprugly

I recently finished the main quest to, and though I'm a higher level than you (40) I to had a bit of a slump afterwards not knowing where to go.

But hold fast and true and there's plenty more to do. Me, I've joined the stormcloaks. And after that I'm going for the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood.

Should keep me going for a bit. When I feel like I've gone as far as u can with this dude I'm gonna make a new character to. I play a warrior type now so ill go for a mage next time.

So much to do, press on and you'll uncover how much more there is.

Sprugly

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
if you keep playing you can do stuff like this:

or this:

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
this one too, you want this.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
OR, just dance:

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Restart the game and play a character who is the complete opposite of the one you just played. If you were a warrior, try a mage. If you joined the Companions, go for the Dark Brotherhood instead. Ignore the main quest for as long as possible and just do faction quests and side quests.

If you played a god character who was a rogue battlemage and joined every faction under the sun, you can still find ways to mix things up and enjoy the game. I'm playing a pure mage now, and playing with all the Illusion and Conjuration spells I never bothered with when playing a rogue warrior has been a lot of fun. Trying out different weapons or combat styles, and focusing on only one per character (e.g. two-handed battleaxes with a Nord or bows with a Bosmer), will get you higher up that skill's tree than you would've gotten playing a mix of combat styles, so you'll get to use some really neat perk combos.

And as others have said, set rules and restrictions for yourself to make things more challenging. I'm planning for my next character to be a Khajiit thief who is unable to barter with any merchants - I'll have to rely on what I can loot, steal, and craft myself. On the other end of the spectrum, I also want to play an Imperial who can't craft anything and must rely on what he can find or buy. Even with my current character, I refuse to use any actual weapon - magic only. To go even further, fire magic only - which has been a challenge against certain enemies, especially Flame Atronachs!

Bringing a roleplaying aspect into it can spice things up, too. Who is your character? What were they doing when they were caught by the Empire? Where do their political loyalties lie? How do they feel about being Dragonborn? What is their main motivation? For example, I imagine my Dunmer is a Mythic Dawn cultist and that his #1 goal is to serve the Daedric princes and recover their artifacts. Making your own quests rather than just following the main one can be very rewarding.