• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aethalia

The leader of the Stormcloaks, Ulfric, High king of Skyrim, is dead. A vacuum is left in his place, as the jarls fight each other to prove their eligibility to become the next ruler of the frozen tundra. Little do they know, that a darker power has risen far beneath the surface of Skyrim. An ancient evil that recruits both the living and the dead to it's cause. People all over Skyrim notice worrying signs of a supernatural force at work: missing children, dead animals, and the ancient Nord dead, the Draugr, acting violently outside of their crypts. On top of that, citizens that seem ordinary dissapear in the night, returning as mindless killers under the control of some dark power....

Rules

1: Absolutely no god modding. This is giving your character unfair advantages, super powerful, un killable, etc.

2: No one line posts. I understand that sometimes you're tired and don't know what to put, but please, try to come up with at least four lines.

3: Try to remain active. If you have to leave the role play, please give a heads up, first, and tell me (or someone else in the RP), what you want to have happen to your character.

4: Good grammar is imperative, it takes away from the enjoyment of the role play if your fellow RP'ers don't take the time to write and check over their posts.

5: Creativity is a must. I can't see how I can be any more clear on this, except that it ties in with rule # 2. When creating a character, don't just put his name and one line for his back story.

6: This is more a suggestion than a rule, but I'd appreciate it if you followed this guideline for character creation: Name/ Race/Gender/ Age/ Alignment (good,evil, neutral, combination of evil/neutral)/Class/ Weapons/ Armour/ Appearance/ Back story.

7: You can create NPC's should you feel the need. For example: Alex walks up to the bar "Your finest bottle of wine, please" the bartender nods and goes to get the wine, handing it over.
    "That's ten septims, ma'am"

8: I'd rather you keep sexual themes, nudity, to a minimum, and if there does happen to be an occurrence or two, I'd prefer you keep to an acceptable level. The two lay down- fade to black- wake up next morning, or whatever.

9: Swearing. No cussing each other out on the OOC, and in the role play, keep it appropriate, I don't want every second word to be a cuss.

10: No Dragonborn. As far as we're concerned in this role play, the Dragon born lives with the Grey beards, or Dragons or something. No shouting either. None of the people in the RP will (realistically) have received any training to be able to shout.

Finally, please have fun! That is what the role play is about, in the end. :D

Recruiting is now Open
    Cast:
    Aethalia-Aliah Stormwind; Altmer Vampire/Bladesinger
    Madrar- Salthar Vivarian:Altmer Vampire/ Sorcerer
    TheShadedOne:Shadari: Khajiit/Assassin
    Drahkma:Averain Silverblade:Altmer-Breton Vampire/Knight
    Baneloth: Danoth Stonesplitter:Nord/Warrior
    Windwalker: Julius: Imperial/ Warrior
    Willowisp: Elizabeth Alicius/Imperial/Healer
    BlackWhite1223:Torin Greenbow/Nord/Ranger
    Kir the Silent: The Lost/ Bosmer/Wanderer,Swordsman

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Wow...that's better than any roleplay I've ever written. Yes, I'm definitely in :D

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Name: Tokos

Race: Khajiit

Alignment: True Neutral

Class: Trickster (thief that uses illusion)

Weapons: Uses a dwarven dagger in one hand and illusion spells in the other

Armour: Thieves Guild armor, except in the head, there he uses a mage hood.

Appearance: His fur is light gray, his eyes are brown and he has a large scar in his nose. He's about 5.7 feet tall.

Back Story: This poor Khajiit lost his parents when he was young. They were caravaneers in Skyrim, and got attacked by bandits that killed his whole family. He managed to escape and had to live off thieving through his teen years. He joined the thieves guild and started to study illusion magic.

Aethalia

Now, now, no need to be so modest! I think I'll use Aliah again. I've hardly had a chance to develop her on these forums. And Manolo, thanks for joining! Good Character card as well.

Name: Aliah Stormwind

Race: Altmer-Vampire

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Class: Bladesinger

Weapons: A pair of Ebony swords

Armour: A long black leather coat, and fine silky clothes beneath that. (Think Selene from Underworld series)

Appearance: Just under six feet (5'8"), Aliah has gold-red eyes, pale gold skin, the high cheekbones and slanted eyes of most Mer. She has long, arterial blood coloured hair, and several long scars along her back and legs.

Back story: Once Aldmeri nobility, Aliah was attacked by a vampire, turning into one herself, three days later. She was shunned by other nobles, and eventually decided to sail to Skyrim and help her kinsmen put down the illegal worship of Talos. She also met her lover, Dalamir there and served in and around the Thalmor Embassy. After the Empire was defeated, the Nords stormed the embassy, and Dalamir, along with dozens of elite Thalmor soldiers sacrificed their lives defending it.

Aliah escaped, although not before suffering humiliation at the hands of her Nord captors, that had taken her and two other Altmer on the road. After that particular incident, Aliah faded into the background of Skyrim, narrowly avoiding capture on many occasions. After Ulfric's death, security became less strict in Skyrim, and Aliah made her way to Falkreath, tired of all the death and destruction that had occured in the last decade.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Now before you ask why his name is so different from most of the other Khajiits... well...
    My friend's cat is called Mr. Tokos. I love Mr. Tokos and named my character after him.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    lol. I see. I've got three cat's myself and love them to pieces so...yeah.

Name: Salthar Vivarian

Race: Altmer/ Vampire

Age: Nearly two hundred years (looks to be late twenties)

Alignment: Orderly Evil

Class: Sorceror/Spellsword.

Weapons: An ebony sword.

Armour: Thalmor robes, with red designs as well as the usual gold and black.

Appearance: Tall(6'5" I think), muscular and lean, gold/red eyes, with two scars under his left eye. Has pitch black , shoulder length hair, and the typical features of the Altmer (high cheekbones, pale gold skin, etc.)

Backstory: Born on the Somerset Isles, Salthar fought in the Great war, before being assigned to Skyrim, to crush Talos heretics. There he met his wife, who turned him and his brother into vampires. After her death, Salthar came to hate the Nords with a passion, and slew them whenever he had the chance. After Ulfric's death, he retired to the Bloodlet Throne managing his coven and generally leaving the people of Skyrim alone.

Aethalia

Sorry guys, but I forgot to ask that you also put what class you are. It's early here, and my brain doesn't want to work today...:oops: So, yeah, if you can, just edit your post to say what class. Example: Thief, mage, assassin, etc.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Sorry guys, but I forgot to ask that you also put what class you are. It's early here, and my brain doesn't want to work today...:oops: So, yeah, if you can, just edit your post to say what class. Example: Thief, mage, assassin, etc.
    lol I felt something was missing

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Name: Shadari (Shadow)

Race: Khajiit

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Class: Assassin

Weapons: A Falchion
    imgres

Armour: Dark grey leather, made to deflect incoming blows.

Appearance: Height, 5'4", with dark grey, almost black fur. Shadari has bright green eyes, and is easily underestimated due to her smaller size. Has lighter fur at the tip of her ears and tail.

Back Story: Shadari trained to become an assassin in Elsweyr, and moved to Skyrim when the Civil War broke out, and protected the Khajiit trade caravans from the shadows. She earned her nickname, 'Shadow' by killing an entire camp of bandits without once being noticed. After the war ended, she avoided Stormcloak patrols, and after the High Kings' death, she came back out of hiding, ready and willing to work for a price.

AS88

Staff member
    Hey, I like the idea for this one, but what's the plot going to be set up like? Is there going to be recruiting for the dark side and good side, just one side, or are you not decided yet? I'm not sure my Orc Warrior would trust you vampires, normally he'd gladly hunt your kind for less than a bag of coins :p

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Hey, I like the idea for this one, but what's the plot going to be set up like? Is there going to be recruiting for the dark side and good side, just one side, or are you not decided yet? I'm not sure my Orc Warrior would trust you vampires, normally he'd gladly hunt your kind for less than a bag of coins :p
    And my Khajiit would just pickpocket that bag of coins out of you.

AS88

Staff member

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Maybe so, but he'd take your tail as a prize as soon as he'd notice it was missing ;)
    And then I'd cast a fear or maybe a calm spell before you managed to cut it off.

AS88

Staff member
    I'm sure his ward spell would block that. Shall we stop spamming? :p

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    I'm sure his ward spell would block that. Shall we stop spamming? :p
    Yeah, we'd better do that. :D
    Edit: Thinking now, my Khajiit is smart. He'd be long gone when you realized the bag of coins was missing... well it depends. AGH I'll quit it.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Just so I might have an idea, how many people we will need?

Aethalia

Two, maybe three more people. Then we'll start. As88- No, I haven't really thought of a plot, but we'll all be on the same side. Not at first, of course, because I was thinking we all meet in Falkreath, and are looking for work. Bandit killing, etc. Then we'll continue from there.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
    Two, maybe three more people. Then we'll start. As88- No, I haven't really thought of a plot, but we'll all be on the same side. Not at first, of course, because I was thinking we all meet in Falkreath, and are looking for work. Bandit killing, etc. Then we'll continue from there.
    My character could be there on business from the Thieves Guild.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts