• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Im with lakeview manor! i just like the views apart from that guy behind the doing voodoo crap

First time messing around with Lakeview Manor and I adopted a child, no big deal. Started playing tag with him and I sprinted down to that guy and his voodoo ritual ground, not realizing he was there and all. Until I realized that my kid was probably about to run up behind me to tag me and see things a child should never see -- I'm still waiting for a flashy red light like from Men In Black to erase my kid's memory of me decapitating that guy right in front him. Bad Parenting 101?

Relevant to this thread, I'll always choose Lakeview Manor. It's just my absolutely favorite to expand and other than for supplies, I don't have to leave often or go very far before I find something to entertain myself with. Hell, half the time the fun comes to me in the form of giants and bandits.

SPH1

First play through was to level 43 and I owned every obtainable house.

IMO, the "view" from Lakeview Manor is overrated. Too many trees blocked my view of the lake from my deck. Current playthough is now level 19 and I only had Anise's cabin to about level 12 or so (along with the ruined house outside Whiterun.) I thought that Anise's cabin across the lake from the Lakeview Manor property spot was a much nicer setting. No lake view from the cabin, but forest was much nicer. (I "buried" Anise on the near-by mountain.)

Windstadt Manor in the swamp was my main, built home first playthrough. I thought a nice view from deck of sea and Solitude. But did seem errie for family, had some attacks and I didn't like coming home sensing an attack. So kept family in various city homes.

This playthrough (lvl 19) I qualify for all homes except Riften (haven't yet been to city) and Heljarchen Hall north of Whiterun...apparently requires level 22. I intended (and still do) to build there. I'm not using fast-travel this playthrough (carriages okay) and am focusing on my horse and mounted combat (consider myself cavalry, Stormcloak). I think that this is the best property for a horse: where the Whiterun plains meet the northern mountains. If this property really requires level 22 to kick in the Dawnstar Jarl's giant quest, then it seems to be the hardest property to obtain...in the sense of taking the longest...this playthrough. So the hardest/longest may be the most worth it. (Qualified for Lakeview Manor second, not long after Breezehome.)

In meantime, I'm at Hjerim in Windhelm with Sofie (had to get her out of the cold again) and close to Ulfric. I'm begining to see what an exceptional house it really is, with all of the containers by the front door and all. I too quickily dismissed it first playthrough.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I enjoy Hjerim. My wife likes it too. In fact, she's even opened up a store from which we can make even more profit... although I have no idea how she could possible sell anything to anybody since I have the merchant perk and I get to everyone before she does... or do I? Has Sylgja been sleeping around?? What's really in the White Phial.??!

Depends on your character and what your needs are, really, and how deep you are into role playing if at all.
In my personal opinion though, I would have to say Lakeview Manor. Despite its bugs and glitches, it's a gorgeous house with gorgeous scenery. And it also happens to be perfect for my main character, who is a hunter in her free time and a werewolf, so the forest surrounding Lakeview is perfect. :D

However I would suggest raising a family in one the non-DLC homes. I made the mistake of trying to have my family in Lakeview and I'm still paying for it. It's just to buggy - my wife got kidnapped and is now glitched from the infamous moonwalking spouse bug, my characters daughter got sent into space by a giant and only narrowly survived.. So yeah, after re-setting my DLCs for a do-over, Lakeview is my characters hunting cabin, and the other two will be for various other purposes, but not family. Thinking of putting the family in Breezehome or Honeyside. Anyway sorry for rambling. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-The Ice Queen-

Rightful Queen of Skyrim
I really like Lakeview Manor, but they're all wonderful. So...all of them?

Reactions: Sah

BigBad

Person of Interest
I'm really liking Heljarchen Hall. I'm not really sure how it qualifies as remote or frozen, since it's basically right at the edge of the Whiterun tundra and only about a minute's walk from Loreius Farm. You can see Dragonsreach from your front door.

Forget Lakeview, there's nothing like the view from the top of Heljarchen Hall in the middle of the night, with an aurora twisting across the sky and wreathing the Throat of the World.

Kattus

I picked Heljarchen Hall since I liked the proximity to Winterhold and how open and wide the area looks around it. Apparently I picked the right spouse, because I never get complaints. I married Marcurio, and the "How are the kids" option always has him talk about how much he loves the house and how much he appreciates the fresh air.
I adopted Lucia and Alesan, got pretty varied reactions from them. Lucia seemed a bit indifferent at first, no comment about if she likes the house or not, but she spends lots of time playing outside or hitting dummies with no complaint, she seems fairly happy. Alesan started up running up to me and telling me how thankful he was and how great everything is the first time I encountered him at our home, but afterwards instantly started complaining about the cold every few minutes. Well, his little b'tch a'ss also won't accept gifts, so no warmer clothes for lil' Alesan.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
From houses that you can build, it's between Lakeview Manor and Heljarchen Hall. But I like the house in Windhelm the most! Not so much into the Proudspire home. But the family stays in the Lakeview home, they seem to like that one the most.

I think I made the house in Winterhold completely with the towers :D My personal castle!

Reactions: Sah

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
Lakeview is probably my favorite, but if they could put Lakeview's basement in Solitude, it would be absolutely perfect.

I really like Solitude, but the basement is nearly worthless. A few barrels for storage for an Alchemy Table & an Enchanter's Table???

Sah

SKYRIM REAL ESTATE
www.skyrimrealestate.sky

Peoperty & Homes in Skyrim for Sale or Rent

11072764_454932944682377_7314455598944094675_n.jpg

• Looking for the perfect place to call Home?
  • Accounts for Property Investors
  • Skyrim's best Holds under 350,000 gold Septims
  • Free Property report when you join

10919062_454932998015705_6137527484519104440_n.jpg

Bipolar Nord

Just another fanatical gamer
I've owned every house in Skyrim at one time or another. My favorite is Vlindrel Hall, I just love, love, love, the Dwemer architecture. When I built my own house, Heljarchen Hall had to be it. I couldn't stand sucking up to Jarl Siddgeir to purchase the land for Lakeview, he's such a douche <---- excuse my mouth o_O

This play through I live in a cave, probably the best house I've had so far :p

Hala

Windstad, hands down. Easiest house to find on the map, all the way up top. I'd thought the house on The Pale would be similarly situated, but it's in a confused zone that's nearer to Whiterun than Dawnstar.

I'm sure with the fishery in Windstad your son will get enough practice to not just "almost" catch something. Yeah, yeah, there might be draugr and monsters in the swamp, dear daughter of the Dragonborn, but you have badass battlemage Valdimar to take care of that when your Papa isn't home. Even if he sometimes makes a trek to Morthal and Falkreath, he always manages to be present when the going gets tough. I get frustrated when he does that wider radius perimeter check and is nowhere in sight, but I noticed that he's never missed a fight yet. Don't know how he manages to do that like a Psjic Monk, very odd.

The tall grass hides anchored bodies very well, too. Most ideal for an overpowered personal Ritual Stone army in the event of an attack.

Oh and make sure the bard won't sing Ragnar the Red no mooooooooore. Your carriage driver makes a better rendition.

sticky runes

Lakeview is the prettiest location because of the greenery.

Heljarken feels very exposed. Good location if you consider yourself some sort of guardian defending the Pale from your own little outpost (that's basically how Skald describes the area when he sells you the land)

Winstad has a tranquility about it, tucked away by the coast with a big open view of the sea and sky. I do like the fish hatchery better than the features of the other houses, and Valdimar is my favorite housecarl. so Winstad is my personal fave.

I do like 'em all in some way.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Depends on your character. My mage prefers the Morthal house because of the alchemy ingredients that can be found nearby. The atmosphere there is also very suitable for him as a character. Lakeview Manor in Falkreath is, for me at least, always a safe option. It's a nice and peaceful place in the middle of a forrest.

Read up on the different locations and then ask yourself the question what would be best for your character.

Angela_Aldrif

Depends which playthrough I'm doing but I really like both Lakeview Manor and Heljarchen Hall. I like the built houses and both the locations are so pretty. For vanilla, my favourite was Hjerim in Windhelm, because of the armoury.

blackhand345

I enjoy my Lakeview house. My kids like it too. Only my wife, Aela the Complainist, complains. She asks me "What were you thinking, sending us out here," to which I reply, "What was I thinking when I married you, you glitchy, dramatic, never has anything good to say SABERCAT! AND STOP CALLING ME BROTHER! I"M NOT YOUR BROTHER, I'M YOUR DAMNED HUSBAND. I KNOW THE MOONS HAVE SHIFTED... I DONT CARE ANYMORE!
i like lakeveiw manor i married ysolda which pisses me off she does not give me friggen money she drinks in the bannered manor but lakeveiw is fun in my opinion i have not finished it yet but it cooming along

blackhand345

Depends which playthrough I'm doing but I really like both Lakeview Manor and Heljarchen Hall. I like the built houses and both the locations are so pretty. For vanilla, my favourite was Hjerim in Windhelm, because of the armoury.
is heljarchen hall cool or like bigger than lakeveiw manor also how do u get that house

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
is heljarchen hall cool or like bigger than lakeveiw manor also how do u get that house
To get Heljachen Hall you need to do a quest for the Jarl of Dawnstar. Alternatively, you can complete the civil war questline for either side. Just talk to the Jarl and ask him if there's anything else he needs, and you should be able to buy the property after completing his task. Heljachen Hall is not bigger than Lakeview by default, but you certainly could build either to be bigger than the other, depending on how you choose to construct your homes.

All those years ago when I replied to this post, Lakeview was my choice, and now I prefer Heljarchen Hall. :beermug:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts