What in Skyrim makes you feel Guilty?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

Stealing anything. Choosing between Kematu and Saadia. (Always go wih Kematu, Saadia felt wrong.) Killing Gelebor's brother after hearing his dying words being his life long regrets.
See, now I have to go play that part again, so I can hear it. I killed him by shouting him off the high balcony.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Stealing anything. Choosing between Kematu and Saadia. (Always go wih Kematu, Saadia felt wrong.) Killing Gelebor's brother after hearing his dying words being his life long regrets.
See, now I have to go play that part again, so I can hear it. I killed him by shouting him off the high balcony.

I did the same thing... once. Then I realized that I wanted his armor so I had to go find him laying on the frozen pond. Glad he didn't fall into a hole in the ice. That would have been more like my luck.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Running past (and ignoring) Meeko on the road from Morthal to Dragon Bridge.

Killing the pathetic dreg Narfi for the DB.

(Not removing Braith's essential flag via console and killing her? Hmm...)

JoeReese

Running past (and ignoring) Meeko on the road from Morthal to Dragon Bridge.

Killing the pathetic dreg Narfi for the DB.

(Not removing Braith's essential flag via console and killing her? Hmm...)
I feel bad ignoring Meeko too, but if I don't he just gets killed. :/

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
Unless a quest tells me to, I only kill animals that are naturally hostile. That bear in Helgen only died in my hands once, since she just roared to get me out of her space. I can respect that. Horkers and mammoths are also right to attack me, because it must mean I have approached too much. Netch are completely harmless, and I have come to kill their hunters a few times, not only to get the awesome Skaal clothes, but to fulfill my first character ever's duty as nature guardian. For RP purposes, I fought Neloth and his assistant to pretend I would free the Nature Guardians they caught, just like that cave mentioned before in the first page. Other than that, giants! They protect me from anything and its all thanks to a glitch! If you find giants roaming instead of guarding their camps, I sense they are a lot less hostile than the second ones, sometimes even ignoring you. If they still threaten you with their massive clubs into the air, Bend Will makes them ignore you (well... most of the times, you might want to be prepared to flee or fight should it not work.) For NPCs, human ones that is, I come to regret little. Most of them treat you like garbage even after you save their beloved Tamriel! Only the guards seem to recognize my merit, and, lucky me, they have no property that can be plundered, other than the barracks that, technically are the Jarl's. Then, excluding many Nazeems, racist Solstheimers (that is mainly towards that priest's assistant), all the citizens in Riften other than Madesi and Brand-Shei (damn you, TG Quest Line!), those racists in Windhelm, all the Jarls at first, other than Balgruuf, Delphine, who seems to treat me like I'm handicaped. Most of my robberies don't make me feel guilt, except if it is an exageratedly valuable piece of jewelry that I would have to pickpocket from the victims that felt so safe with it buried in their seemingly empty pockets... Sorry, but hey, it's Delvin, you know most thieves are asses!

Anyway, other than the animals, giants and spriggans, I tend to feel empathy towards the friendly people of Riverwood that host you in their houses despite not knowing you from anywhere, the farmers who become your friends after you do a simple chore to them, and that kid Lars Battle-Born, because he allows me to threaten Braith.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Unless a quest tells me to, I only kill animals that are naturally hostile. That bear in Helgen only died in my hands once, since she just roared to get me out of her space. I can respect that....

I tend to follow this as well, and I will even sprint toward wolves that are threatening a fox or rabbit in order to aggro them to allow the little critters an easy escape.

As an aside, I finally managed to sneak past that bear in Helgen for the first time ever, despite Hadvar's constant chattering whilst I was being all super stealthy. Shut up, Hadvar! :)

JoeReese

Unless a quest tells me to, I only kill animals that are naturally hostile. That bear in Helgen only died in my hands once, since she just roared to get me out of her space. I can respect that....

I tend to follow this as well, and I will even sprint toward wolves that are threatening a fox or rabbit in order to aggro them to allow the little critters an easy escape.

As an aside, I finally managed to sneak past that bear in Helgen for the first time ever, despite Hadvar's constant chattering whilst I was being all super stealthy. Shut up, Hadvar! :)
I always do that, and then end up feeling bad if I don't make it in time.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Assassinating Narfi, assassinating that woman at her wedding, shooting the emperor in the back, having to choose between the Imperial or Stormcloak at the start of the game, killing paarthurnax, not throwing Delphine off a cliff every time I see her, joining the Stormcloaks, marrying anyone because they get reduced to a monotonous one dimensional broomstick, not being able to be bros with Miraak and Alduin, not being able to meet the Ebony Warrior in Sovengarde, not incinerating the night mother's corpse, and more I can't remember off the top of my head.

However if we include things that make me feel guilty while playing Dark Souls, the list would be longer and more meaningful. (R.I.P. Sif)

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
Wow, this might sound like I'm a total bitch, but nothing really ever made me feel guilty. Although, I will say, I have never killed Paurthanax because it didn't feel right and I refused to. So I could imagine I'd feel like pl*** for killing him, so there's one.

But I guess I don't put too much thought into it, like with the Dark Brotherhood. As lovely Astrid always likes to say, something along the lines of this, "When I tell you to kill, you kill. No remorse, no thinking, blah blah blah." So maybe I took that a little too seriously.... lol

As far as all the stealing and stuff, nah.

But the one thing that got me when I first started playing was the little kids that are abandoned (like the two little girls in Whiterun and Windhelm) that go around begging and selling flowers. That's pretty damn sad, but then I got over it after a few seconds.

So I'm not sure, but for some reason, the ending to Red Dead Redemption really got me and I was so PISSED OFF. Maybe because it shows him interacting with the characters during the main story line, and all of the characters are so developed and you see their expressions and stuff, like Seth, Irish and Mr. West Dickens, plus some of the stuff is just like... damn... Where as in Skyrim you all just stand there talking. No expressions, just standing, breathing, and moving your arms once in a while. Who knows, but that could be my only guess as to why.

EDIT: Out of all the things in Skyrim, I did forget the animals. Animals do get me. If I see a lost horse, I feel bad. If I see a stray dog, I feel bad. So I guess I fell bad for the animals of Skyrim.

i hate seeing those kids like that on there there is a boy in dawnstar that is carrying water or something for people he had lost his parents so i took him in and adopted him besides that nothing on the game makes me feel bad except when i killed cicero once he is annoying but i really missed his violent/creepy remarks

I feel bad killing Grelod the kind. I hear she has like 2 hit points, Im gonna telekinesis a tankard into her and see if that kills her.

JoeReese

I feel bad killing Grelod the kind. I hear she has like 2 hit points, Im gonna telekinesis a tankard into her and see if that kills her.
It will. My gf killed her with a sweet roll. From sneak, though. Idk if telekinesis is the same, but it might have actually done 4 damage. o_O

Wildroses

I know someone who killed Grelod the Kind by punching her in the face with their bow. They clicked the block button instead of fire button and felt so stupid they reloaded.