Info What if Alduin Won? An RP Idea

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    For awhile now I've been wondering what would happen if the executioner managed to cut off the Dohvakiins head, or if Mirmulnir killed them, or a bandit, or anyhting else. I'm thinking about starting a roleplay in a world where the Dragonborn never appeared, or at least had been killed, but the dragons did. With the province already at war, Skyrim seemed ill-equipped to fight the dragons. The people of the other provinces assumed that the dragons would stay in Skyrim. Taking their lust for power into consideration, I find that highly doubtful. In my RP, it would be about 5 years after Alduin attacked. The dragons have spread throughout Tamriel, Pyandonea, Yokuda, maybe Aldemeris, if it exists, Atmora and Thraas, and they are getting ready to attack Akavir and wipe out the Tsaesci that nearly wiped them out centuries ago and enslave the other inhabitants. You would be either a loyal servant of the dragons or a guerilla fighter, led by Paarthunax. There would be no set storyline, and you'd be free to do anythng you wanted, though the mods would sometimes create events that could allow the guerilla fighters to take back some land and vice versa. I'd like feedback and suggestions. I want to refine this idea and hopefully follow through with my plans.

Geel-Kajin

Hello conquers, just popped in to make a review on this idea. I would say that this is one fantastic plotline, with lots of ways to expand and capture other people's attention. If an Rp like this is created, I would be sure to join. In fact, do you think it's possible to invite other WG members here? It can help showcase what we plan to do.

However, I do think that you require a stable plotline or at least several points where both factions meet. That way, all characters interact with each other. Besides that, I think this is wonderful, full of possibilities and ideas to work on.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I was thinking about having the events bring the factions together, though if you'd like I could put in a main questline. And when you say you want me to invite the other writers guild members you mean you want me to have them write here so we can show viewers what we intend to do and our skill at writing, right?

Geel-Kajin

That would be very interesting. Yes, I think it could turn out rather spectacular if we make such an Rp :)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Well, do you have any other suggestions? Also, I think it might be difficult to get all of us to write on this RP.

Geel-Kajin

I don't know.... Well, we can try to fit as many in as possible. A good handful of the writers guild also work in ROF, so those can continue to write there, and perhaps come over if there's enough space (if they wanna). That way, there's more of a variety for readers to enjoy.

Also, not all the WG members RP, remember? Some are fan ficcers.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I know. But do you have any other suggestions?

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Wanted to revive this topic so anyone online now would see it. And, I was thinking about having posts written from the point of view of four dragons, two relatively neutral ones, Durnheviir and Ohdaviing, as well as two very important ones, Paarthunax and Alduin.

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    Wanted to revive this topic so anyone online now would see it. And, I was thinking about having posts written from the point of view of four dragons, two relatively neutral ones, Durnheviir and Ohdaviing, as well as two very important ones, Paarthunax and Alduin.

I like the sound of that very much - that, and the entire concept, which sounds very fun. The one thing I would worry about would be that the dragons could very much overshadow everything else, and all the other characters, so it would risk ending up as 'the various characters stand about twiddling their thumbs while Paarthurnax breathes fire at Mimulnir', or something like that. Members of the newly-reborn Dragon Cult (backed by dragons, of course) vs. a variety of independent guerillas, some of whom are backed by Paarthurnax, but some of whom are trying to hold on to the near-abandoned Blades traditions, or the worship of Akatosh, or Talos, or whatever. Adds a more human/mer level to the game which it might benefit from.

I'd also suggest that something based in mainland Tamriel might be better than starting in Akavir, since there's more background/culture/history to work with. Ruins of Vvardenfell maybe, or (or course) Skyrim.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I like the sound of that very much - that, and the entire concept, which sounds very fun. The one thing I would worry about would be that the dragons could very much overshadow everything else, and all the other characters, so it would risk ending up as 'the various characters stand about twiddling their thumbs while Paarthurnax breathes fire at Mimulnir', or something like that. Members of the newly-reborn Dragon Cult (backed by dragons, of course) vs. a variety of independent guerillas, some of whom are backed by Paarthurnax, but some of whom are trying to hold on to the near-abandoned Blades traditions, or the worship of Akatosh, or Talos, or whatever. Adds a more human/mer level to the game which it might benefit from.

I'd also suggest that something based in mainland Tamriel might be better than starting in Akavir, since there's more background/culture/history to work with. Ruins of Vvardenfell maybe, or (or course) Skyrim.

It does start in Tamriel. I mentioned Akavir as that may come into play at some point, with the dragons over there attacking Akavir, leaving Tamriel and the other continents with very few dragons. And I didn't mean for the dragons to overshadow them, I meant to have posts that show very important things involving them. I thought someone would point out that Ohdaviing was not exactly neutral before anything else.

Morganatic

It does start in Tamriel. I mentioned Akavir as that may come into play at some point, with the dragons over there attacking Akavir, leaving Tamriel and the other continents with very few dragons. And I didn't mean for the dragons to overshadow them, I meant to have posts that show very important things involving them. I thought someone would point out that Ohdaviing was not exactly neutral before anything else.

Yeah, I thought it's best to have them as a sort of framing device, a sort of 'Previously on Tamriel' sort of deal - but it sounds like you've got that right.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Any other suggestions? I'm trying to get a few more peoples ideas before actually starting this.

Morganatic

Any other suggestions? I'm trying to get a few more peoples ideas before actually starting this.

Well, it's fairly broad in its scope, so there are a lot of ways you could handle it - I'd honestly be interested in a lot of different game-styles, so I'd be interested to hear more of what you had in mind. That said, here are a few suggestions in the form of questions to think about, that might provoke some interesting discussion.

- How does the new Dragon Era effect religion - how much do we want to involve this in the game? What do the followers of the old Divines think about this, and what's happened to their clergy? What do the Daedra think - and given that they've got a lot of cults to translate their thoughts into action, this is pretty key. You don't have to deal with this, but I think it might be an interesting source of conflict and a rallying point against the Dragons. Plus, for selfish reasons, my character would be interested in playing some of this out especially with what the Daedra think about all this.

- How do the dragons and the Dragon Cult effect Tamrielic political life - what's happened to the Aldmeri Dominion? Have the Empire capitulated due to the fact that there's no longer a dragonborn emperor, but actually a fully grown Dragon presiding over them? Have the Dragons gone back to their old excesses of the Dragon Cult - employing latter-day Krosis types to keep people in line, devouring virgins etc., or is this resisted? Have the Dragons come to simply burn, destroy and raze Nirn, as they seemed to be doing in Skyrim, or have they come to rule? Personally I kinda prefer the latter option, as it allows us to explore relations between Dragons and existing society - by the sound of your mention of 'those loyal to the Dragon', that sounds like what you're going for to. I'm thinking that Alduin nesting atop the White-Gold Tower, seeking audience from his terrified subjects, is a good image.

- How much emphasis on Dragon combat do you want to include? Some stories of dragonslaying are all about martial skill, standing in front of a dragon with sword and shield, and facing it down, but in the absence of a Dovahkiin, that might be a little bit tougher - we might need to engage in trickery about how to bring it down, and research in ancient mouldering tomes about how to keep it that way. I like the sound of the latter, but that's just as someone with a noncombat character speaking, and I realise some people want to start hitting giant Akatosh-spawn with hammers, which is certainly appealing.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Religions would stay the same, though they'd have to be practiced in secret as the dragons would want to be worshipped. As for the Daedra, well, theres mixed feelings. Some of the Daedra support the dragons, Mehrunes Dagon and Clavicus Vile are examples, and some despise them, Sanguine and Azura are examples. Some are neutral, like Sheogorath and Molag Bal. They use their current champions, if they have them, and their cults to either help out or hinder the dragons and resistance.

The Aldmeri Dominion ignored the situation until it reached their borders, researching it but not getting involved so it would weaken the Empire. When it finally reached them they realized their mistake and tried to strike a deal where they would keep the Summerset Isles and the dragons could have Elsewyr and Valenwood. This caused the two provinces to finally revolt, weakening the Aldmeri Dominion. The Dragons quickly took over while still waging war against the Empire, Hammerfell and Black Marsh. The Sload realized what a great opportunity for furthering themselves this was and quickly handed their land over to the dragons. Their leader became the first new Dragon Priest, taking the mask of Volsung. They conquered Skyrim, High Rock and Morrowind first, reducing the Empire to just one province. They quickly dissolved into a random smattering of kingdoms. These were easliy conquered. Hammerfell allied with Black Marsh and Orsinium and together they fought, conquering the mostly ignored Cyrodill. They put up a good resistance but were eventually conquered. Alduin placed his capitol at the World-Eaters Eyrie, but intends to move it to the Tsaesci capitol city in revenge for them nearly wiping out the dragons. Pyandonea quickly dissolved almost as soon as reports surfaced that the dragons were heading South. The few Nedes left on Atmora still worshipped dragons and gladly gave in. Three of them became the dragon priests Nahkriin, Otar and Hevnoraak. The Pyandonean king, an immortal wizard, became the fifth new dragon priest, taking the mask of Krosis. The few Left-Handed Elves and Redguards on Yokuda were conquered after a grueling war and were nearly wiped out entirely. The remaining island kingdoms quickly fell into the dragons hands, including many of the Tang Mos lands. One Tang Mo leader took the mask of Rahgot. The dragons quickly returned to the old ways, though slightly modernized due to the multitude of new subjects.

Dragon combat will be minimal at first, though I intend to have a healthy mix of trickery, book-reading and fighting.

I also intend to introduce myself as the new Konahrik and have other npcs replace the old Dragon Priests. Any other questions?

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Well then, I'm almost ready to start this thing. I'm just gonna get the input of a few friends.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Okay, well I think that Morganatic touched base on all the important things. I agree with Geel that it is important that you include a plot-line for your RP since it makes it easier to think of a post to type up if there is some sort of guideline. Otherwise, I think you have a really good idea going here. I would be interested in joining but as you know I'm already involved in quite a few Rps as it is.

Plus, I feel that I am out-witted here in lore knowledge, I would have to take on a lot of research to catch up to the level I need to be at and right now I can't do that. So maybe I would suggest that you add some links for some interested in this so they can read up and not feel so ignorant in their lack of lore. It would make your RP Rper friendly, and I think that it would make easier to get into.

I will follow this, and read along as a shadow offering my two cents as I feel the need for it be present if that would help you any in your adventures. Good job, and congratulations on having such a creative mind at your disposal! :D

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Thanks, this is the first rp I've come up with completely alone, thoguh there was one that I mostly created. I'm working on a main storyline and just letting you know it will always be open for recruiting if you want to when you're freed up. I'll get some links for more lore and put them in an ooc thread I'll create tomorrow.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Mostly I'm just trying to think up a name. Always the hardest part for me.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Oh, I can help with that. I'll PM you so it's still like a reveal when you make the thread tomorrow if you want :D

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Fine with me, whatever is easiest.