What exactly is a Boiled Cream Treat?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Boiled_cream_treat.png
I've recently found a lot of recipes that people have come up with in order to replicate food items found in Skyrim. This guy's come up with a lot of creative recipes for all of Talen-Jei's cocktails, an apple-cabbage stew, moonsugar and honey-nut treats. I've also seen a sweetroll recipe or two floating about. But despite all the great strides taken into the culinary world of Skyrim, I have yet to find a single attempt at even guessing what a boiled cream treat might be. And I have to say, its appearance does leave me confused.The dollop of yellow in the middle definitely looks like pastry cream, as the name of the confection suggests, but the reddish color of the base, as well as its layered texture leaves me stumped.​
Possible explanations:​
- a snowberry flavored doughnut with pastry cream pipped into its center​
- a puff pastry base topped with pastry cream​
- a large fluffy pancake with pastry cream on top​
- an oddly shaped mini bundt cake with pastry cream filling​
Any other ideas on it?​

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
It's actually Khajiit penis

kyleekay

This is making me hungry! I'm on a diet, you know... I can't be pondering tasty treats all day. :p

In my opinion, it resembles a Bavarian Cream-Filled donut, like the one in the photo below (minus the chocolate).

3534908-bavarian-cream-filled-chocolate-donut-isolated-on-white.jpg

Neriad13

Premium Member
It's actually Khajiit penis

Have you read the Daggerfall version of 'The Real Barenziah?' Khajit penises are quite the opposite of what is displayed here.

This is making me hungry! I'm on a diet, you know... I can't be pondering tasty treats all day. :p

In my opinion, it resembles a Bavarian Cream-Filled donut, like the one in the photo below (minus the chocolate).

Ooh! That does look quite close. Maybe if the frosting were pink instead?

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Boiled cream? Flan maybe?

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I dunno. The texture always looked a little more bready to me.

Yeah. Hard to tell. Then again, they may have just made it up and it's not based on anything. We may just have to ask Bethesda. lol

Gowsh

Old Fart
Well, if we're talking boiled, that gets us into bagel territory.

I don't know the exact procedure, but boiling is definitely involved in bagel preparation.

Drop a glob of custard in the center and I think we're there.

I'm not positive I'd really care to eat one, though. :vomit:

Neriad13

Premium Member

I don't know the exact procedure, but boiling is definitely involved in bagel preparation.

Drop a glob of custard in the center and I think we're there.

I'm not positive I'd really care to eat one, though. :vomit:

Ewwwwww. >.<

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
nvm, that looks like a Khajiit butthole :p

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The boiled refers to the cream part. Lots of pastry fillings are made with boiling as part of the process, e.g. boiled cream custard tarts. It doesn't mean the whole thing is boiled. To me it looks like a shallow bundt cake with custard cream in the center.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....

Twiffle

Its similar to a Fried Cream Sweet but boiled,
I think, , , , , :eek:

JClarke1953

Boiled_cream_treat.png
I've recently found a lot of recipes that people have come up with in order to replicate food items found in Skyrim. This guy's come up with a lot of creative recipes for all of Talen-Jei's cocktails, an apple-cabbage stew, moonsugar and honey-nut treats. I've also seen a sweetroll recipe or two floating about. But despite all the great strides taken into the culinary world of Skyrim, I have yet to find a single attempt at even guessing what a boiled cream treat might be. And I have to say, its appearance does leave me confused.The dollop of yellow in the middle definitely looks like pastry cream, as the name of the confection suggests, but the reddish color of the base, as well as its layered texture leaves me stumped.​
Possible explanations:​
- a snowberry flavored doughnut with pastry cream pipped into its center​
- a puff pastry base topped with pastry cream​
- a large fluffy pancake with pastry cream on top​
- an oddly shaped mini bundt cake with pastry cream filling​
Any other ideas on it?​

Actually, it's kind of like a donut, but with a bit of the hole left in to hold some custard, which back in the day, was boiled creme with some sugar and a flavoring, possibly cinnamon.

Rhubarb&Custard

I always thought it looked like a spot..:confused: I don't pay much attention to them...unless they're in a bowl and I feel like making a mess of Jorrvaskr by throwing food/plates/bottles/anythingthatmoves all over the place. :D

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I'm an amateur chef, so this is a very important topic. lol

Visually, it resembles a modern cream cheese Danish.

As to boiling, that was the way the English prepared what they called a "Pudding". The ingredients were put in a bag and boiled. Nothing like what we call a pudding these days.

I'm going to email Bethesda and ask. :D

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
It'd be funny if they said "We don't know. We just made it up."

That's what I think. I tried to submit a question on their contact form, but it won't submit. Oh well, I'm just going to go with the custard filled pastry definition.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts