• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Werewolf or Vampire

• Total voters

BR1LL DYL 771

The Destroyer
During the Dawnguard dlc you can become a vampire. I'm currently a Werewolf and was wondering if being a vampire's better. What do you guys think ???

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
There are Soooooooooooo many threads about this topic :confused: !

IMO, Vampire, hands down :cool:

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
werewolves only have melee attacks and can only transform once a day unless they have the ring of hircine and even then they need to keep reequipiing it to transform, to change their powers you need to do the totem quests and they can only have 1 power at a time and to change it you have to go into the underforge, you cant use the werewolf power rings that you can get on solstheim many times per day as you need the ring of hircine for extra transformations and you can only wear 1 ring at one time. naturally they dont heal they cant turn back on their own
and they cant get rested bonuses and your character is a Mortal while as a Vampire you get the sense of being immortal you can transfrom back and forth as many times a day as you want they have melee like the werewolf but they also have magic they can walk on water and they dont need to go to some underforge to change their powers and they heal naturally the only negatives is a small drop of health,magic and stamina during daylight and no regenaration that can easily be ignored if you have enchanted items that boost stat regain also you would have acess to the necromage glitch as a vampire as you would be undead

CaptMorgan72

If the selection was normal vampire or werewolf, I would pick werewolf, but a vampire lord is the apex of the species and Harkon was not lying when he said you would be a lion among sheep. The vampire lord is extremely powerful, especially when you learn all there is to learn about being one. Normal vampires or thin bloods will be like playthings to you. As a werewolf you do possess superhuman speed and strength but a vampire lord has blood magic and can also tear prey apart on the ground with their claws and teeth. As a vampire lord I fought three wild werewolves and I dispatched them quite easily. As a normal vampire I would have been torn apart. Even a newly sired vampire lord has the power of an ancient vampire thousands of years old.

tx12001

CaptMorgan has a point about being the apex of the species as a Vampire Lord, you get turned by A Pure Strain of Vamprism while the lycanthropy you get from Aela has most likely been watered down after countless generations why the beast within them has become so watered down that it can now be controlled by them and all you suffer from it is Unrested sleep and half the time you could forget you even had it as that's really the only drawback also don't forget the Vampire Lord has far more flexibility you have claws, magic, you can run or float and walk on water you can dematerialize into bats to cross distances you can become mist that provides invulnerability when activated not to mention the night cloak makes it so every enemy that you fight has to stay out of melee range as their is a 15 foot health absorb aura around you and a werewolf only has Melee attacks so they would have to get into that health absorb aura to even touch the vampire lord it is almost guaranteed via game mechanics that a vampire lord can get a flawless victory on a werewolf due to having long ranged attacks but a werewolf can never get a flawless victory against a vampire lord due to the night cloak and not to mention I think inducting giants into the space program with Vampiric grip is more fun then just throwing them around

J

Jeremius

CaptMorgan has a point about being the apex of the species as a Vampire Lord, you get turned by A Pure Strain of Vamprism while the lycanthropy you get from Aela has most likely been watered down after countless generations why the beast within them has become so watered down that it can now be controlled by them and all you suffer from it is Unrested sleep and half the time you could forget you even had it as that's really the only drawback also don't forget the Vampire Lord has far more flexibility you have claws, magic, you can run or float and walk on water you can dematerialize into bats to cross distances you can become mist that provides invulnerability when activated not to mention the night cloak makes it so every enemy that you fight has to stay out of melee range as their is a 15 foot health absorb aura around you and a werewolf only has Melee attacks so they would have to get into that health absorb aura to even touch the vampire lord it is almost guaranteed via game mechanics that a vampire lord can get a flawless victory on a werewolf due to having long ranged attacks but a werewolf can never get a flawless victory against a vampire lord due to the night cloak and not to mention I think inducting giants into the space program with Vampiric grip is more fun then just throwing them around

It depends on whether or not the vampire lord even uses that.

Even as a Vampire Lord, I think you still get a weakness to the sun, and a werewolf's howl of terror, when perked, can scare off even a decently leveled boss.

tx12001

Even as a Vampire Lord, I think you still get a weakness to the sun, and a werewolf's howl of terror, when perked, can scare off even a decently leveled boss.
you do realize that that howl has no affect on undead at all and the only VL you encounter as an Enemy is already to high a level for that to even affect and the weakness to sunlight can be offset by a few enhancements it can become as forgettable as the werewolf transfromation itself at higher difficulty settings and in a fight the werewolf would still have to get into melee range where it will get hurt

J

Jeremius

you do realize that that howl has no affect on undead at all and the only VL you encounter as an Enemy is already to high a level for that to even affect and the weakness to sunlight can be offset by a few enhancements it can become as forgettable as the werewolf transfromation itself at higher difficulty settings and in a fight the werewolf would still have to get into melee range where it will get hurt

Except none of this werewolf vs vampire lord matters as you only face one and are supposed to be using a specific bow you got earlier in the quest line to defeat him in the first place.

Mortals-1, Vampire lords-0

Panzer 38t

I like the vampire lord.i favor long range attacks and the boost to my stealth makes my bow my best friend.but I can see how the werewolf has its perks to.but in both forms you can out run a horse.so if you as in that point of view it's a win-win.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Except none of this werewolf vs vampire lord matters as you only face one and are supposed to be using a specific bow you got earlier in the quest line to defeat him in the first place.

Mortals-1, Vampire lords-0
Oddly. While I've done Dawnguard 1/2 a dozen times, I have never used the bow provided to defeat him. Not sure why, but I guess it's because, by the time I get there I'm usually far stronger than him in the first place so I can easily defeat him. Hmm...

Fenix09

It's gotta be the vampire lord, advantage to me is that you can change to a vampire lord anytime and there's no time limit as werewolf changes back to a human after some time.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
It's gotta be the vampire lord, advantage to me is that you can change to a vampire lord anytime and there's no time limit as werewolf changes back to a human after some time.

I have to suggest, how good is it to be able to tansform into a Vampire lord when you get ambushed and are fighting for your un-life.

Vampire/Vampire Lord for sure. For me personally, I am much more interested and invested in role playing ideas of my characters that involve vampires. They have just become a lot more generally interesting to me over the years, in Skyrim and in various other forms of literature and media (in most instances, not all). Also, I find there to be a lot more variety when fighting as a Vampire Lord as opposed to a werewolf. More ways to attack, defend, etc.

tx12001

Vampire/Vampire Lord for sure. For me personally, I am much more interested and invested in role playing ideas of my characters that involve vampires. They have just become a lot more generally interesting to me over the years, in Skyrim and in various other forms of literature and media (in most instances, not all). Also, I find there to be a lot more variety when fighting as a Vampire Lord as opposed to a werewolf. More ways to attack, defend, etc.
Yes I would guess that your avatar pic is quite obvious that you prefer vampire's

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
hm..Id say werewolf.Since my character is mainly a ranged character,beast blood gives him a melee option.Cover all bases ;)

tx12001

I said it once...I said it Twice.... I will say it again I choose Vampire Lord because they are more powerful then Werewolves that's why

I have to suggest, how good is it to be able to tansform into a Vampire lord when you get ambushed and are fighting for your un-life.
A Vampire Lord does not fight for their unlife...The Vampire Lord kills their foe like a spider to a fly, And I have a question for you how good is to turn into a werehound only to find your foe is now floating above the water? and you cant transform back into human form for another several minutes?

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
A Vampire Lord does not fight for their unlife...The Vampire Lord kills their foe like a spider to a fly, And I have a question for you how good is to turn into a werehound only to find your foe is now floating above the water? and you cant transform back into human form for another several minutes?

Yeah the mutts just sit there yapping like an annoying chihuahua scared to get a paw wet ;) I'm glad they don't though as the smell of wet dog lingers on the air long after they transform back to being dinner.

Vampire Lords for the win :cool:

Bulldog

Vampire. I rather enjoy the use of the sneak bonus. The drain life spell has helped me out on several occasions. The illusion bonus, vampire lord armor. Plus it is pretty badass to summon a gargoyle. I just hate that I have to feed all the time.

For me the coolest part of the werewolf was how it looked. The vampire lord IMO was just cheesy looking. I never could get the call more werewolves to assist you howl to work.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts