• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
My mom realized I was dating a girl. She is extremely angry, and i'm grounded, so don't expect to much of me around the forums for a while.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Well that sucks, maybe your mum needs to realise it's your life & you should be able to live it your way.

I realise things are different over there but there is still a great deal of Homophobia in the world, people should have choice to date or live with whoever they want as long as it doesn't break the laws of the land without being harassed or grounded or whatever.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Sorry to hear that Nikola. Still it could be worse. A lot of parents kick their kids out of the home after they come out or are outed to them. I hope things work out and your mom will come around and accept you for who you are.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
yeah getting angry and punishing will make'em straighten up and fix their lives real nice...go parents!

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Sarcasm, by the way, "straighten up" only according to their obsolete "morality".

Ironclad

Grounded?! That's pretty pathetic really, your mother should be proud of you - even if she thinks it's a 'just a phase'.
Good luck buddy. :)

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I'm dealing wth Skyrim withdrawal symptoms at the moment, (waiting to get new computer and new Skyrim updates and mods before i play again) and writing on forums is always a good way to get distracted. . . so here's a little more:

I had some rather oppressive parents too, especially by the time i was a wild teenager doing naughty things I could never possibly tell them about, and even the little that they did find out got me a lot of grief and some abuse.

I was only able to survive emotionally and psychologically when I realized that my parents, while they love me, are just so severely conditioned by the culture of their generation that they weren't really equipped to raise a child in the modern world without making some serious mistakes, they were clueless people, and in the case of my dad not really fit for the Father role.

Basically when i realized the problem was with them, not me. . .

Parents concerned about lesbian daughters may be relieved to know that it is a safer way for girls to explore sexuality, what with the zero chance of pregnancy. A lot of girls do it , it doesn’t mean they will not have children or have a male partner later!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Being on the inside of this issue, Being "Bi" myself also, I have made a effort to see their side. They view it as a end to their dreams of grandkids and a so called normal life for their child. A loss of innocence on their part which always leads to shock, with its accompanying stages of dealing with it. First denial, trying to change "Fix" the situation, hopefully coming to terms with it. Though it doesn't always work some people never come to terms and stick to denial. I have come to believe that this is not a choice, they have to work at their own pace to understand their reactions.

You should seek out a support group similar to one I started when living in Dallas The GLBYA (Gay Lesbian Biseexual Young Adults) or the Large PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) so that they can get information, and support for their feeling and for you too.

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
I'm sorry to hear that :sadface:

Unfortunately, I've got no experiences in your exact situation so I won't offer any advice because it would all be opinion. And while I had very strict parents, it wasn't surrounding that topic (i'm a straight guy anyway) so I'm sure it would be very different.

And while I don't know any of you from a random stranger on the street, I do empathise with you. Everyone here seems like a great bunch (was lurking a while before I joined), so it's sad to read something like this.

At least you aren't being hanged for your "treachery" like they'd do back in...idk, ancient times.

A.Auditore

maybe...
sorry! my dad (and his b*t*h gf) tried to pull that with me when i was 14 so i told him would you rather me date a girl or be prego? remember who you are and who you want to be dont let anyone say otherwise!

A.Auditore

maybe...

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I know a guy from Libya and I once asked him how gays are treated in his country. He told me that there are no gays in his country. It's that bad there they're in serious denial. I mean at least it's up for discussion here.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Do you know why ?
Libya's criminal code prohibits all sexual activity outside of a lawful marriage ( Husband & Wife ). Private homosexual or lesbian acts between consenting adults are punishable with up to five years' imprisonment. Also Libyan courts were given the power to use amputation, flogging and other cruel punishments against persons found to be violating traditional Islamic morality.

Ironclad

What is most amusing in the Arab 'world' is that physical contact between even married couple is seriously frowned upon, especially Saudi - yet if you walk the streets you will see all the men holding hands!

...gay, much? HAHAHA

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts