• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Sanguis put his hand on Beatrice's shoulder, trying as hard as possible not to laugh at her fear. He bent down next to the werewolf, "Shame, I always respected these guys, oh well, what's done is done." He spoke, his voice echoing though the tunnel. "Well let's get back on track, shall we. You can lead... unless, of course.... Your scared. Sanguis said, mocking Beatrice and loving every moment of it.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Beatrice avoided an angry look. "No problem, I will keep leading. If I die, you will keep feeling the pain of losing Aryni, you have definitely more reasons to live than I do..." She tried to mock back, at the pain of loss, which was not easy. Except for Beatrice who was a mourner at least three times. Her steps slowed down as their feet began to bury in the mud. A few skeevers were lying dead, maybe overrun by whatever dug that tunnel. Also, a Vigilant with a silver weapon was drowned in the mud. That calmed Beatrice down a little. "Sanguis... Has it ever come to you, that... this might have not been dug by a vampire hunter?" It appeared that the digger was not on the Vigilants' side either, but it could have been an accident or a skeever attack, unlikely, but plausible.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Sanguis walked on behind Beatrice, no longer feeling that much remorse over Aryni's death, he had watched a thousand of his closest friends, and lovers for that matter, die by his side over the years, and this was no different.

"Sanguis... Has it ever come to you, that... this might have not been dug by a vampire hunter?" He heard Beatrice say, once again becoming over run with fear. Sanguis smiled, "It does not matter to me who dug it, what matters, is that they breached our castle and are still alive." Sanguis claimed in a cheerful voice, excited for the adventure, so soon after feasting.

Writes-Many-Posts

Beatrice remembered Jadoric had something to say. But they were far and turning back to the location of the foe would definitely be a mistake. She faced the front of the tunel and kept moving. After some minutes, they finally sighted a light, looked like fire. "Shh... I heard something." A male voice sounded and the light was broken. Burning daggers were hurled against them quickly, and between quick and almost silent steps, the throwers disappeared. Beatrice didn't even have time to coment, and just dodged one of the two daggers that were hurled against her, having the other hitting the right side of her chest. Not deadly, but, boy it hurt! She closed her eyes in some pain, took out the dagger, and fed on the blood of the corpse that was nearby, just to restore a little of her energy.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Upon the sight of the knife-throwers Sanguis dodged a knife, his ring brightened, lighting up the tunnel around them. He cast a detect life spell and turned to Beatrice who still wasn't armed. "What are you waiting for?!" He asked, looking at her puzzled but soon she came back to reality and armed herself. They ran threw the tunnel, with a decent light from Sanguis's ring, and he knew where to go being able to see two humanoids running down the tunnel.

They ran for a while, and they were ever so slowly gaining on the knife-throwers. Filius saw them stop and soon it was two men on one side, and Beatrice and Sanguis on the other. Sanguis Pulled his hood up in case they were vampire hunters, this would block any fire. He pulled out a frost spell in each hand and looked at Beatrice "Time to see if your Courtesan ways provide anything in a fight."

Writes-Many-Posts

Beatrice looked at the two men. Luckily males. "I can fight. Or..." She untied her clothes and stood naked before them, who were paralyzed. "Illusion is for weaklings." Nobody moved, and Beatrice was calmer, now that she had met weak foes. "Are you going to do anything or just stare all day?" She said, turning to Sanguis, while the men didn't even appear to blink or react.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Sanguis was shocked by what she had done and he stood there as if someone had taken his brain out, his mouth was almost slightly open with amazement. Sanguis knew Beatrice was attractive, but not to this point. He had no idea what was going on with the two men because his eyes were fixed on Beatrice.

"Are you going to do anything or just stare all day?" Sanguis heard, snapping out of his trance. He shook his head to regain focus, and made an obvious look from head to toe on Beatrice, proceeding to wink at her before walking towards the men. Sanguis dropped a lighting bolt into each of their legs forcing them to their knees. Sanugis sat beside them. "Now" Sanguis said looking at the one on the left. "Your going to take me to your leader, or you'll end up like your friend here." Sanguis said motioning to the one on the right. "What do you mean? Hes fine." The man said. Sanguis didn't say a word but rather placed a fire spell in each thumb, stood up, and proceeded to burn the eyes out of the man on the right. "I'm not so sure about that." Sanguis laughed, now giving his attention to the still naked Beatrice.

He placed his hand on her cheek. "Well this is quite the surprise, perhaps I was wrong about you in the past." He said in the tone he used when dealing with most women, but he had never used for Beatrice before. "Well why don't you put the dress back on... for now." He said, still questioning what had made him be so attracted to Beatrice, he normally couldn't be swayed that easily. He was an elder vampire so it was no work of illusion magic. Was it the sudden show of fear, the person behind the previously whore-like Beatrice. Sanguis didn't know, but he was sure getting over Aryni's death.

Writes-Many-Posts

Beatrice put on the clothes back. She was ready to keep going and tracking Flaming Nightmare. "If Flaming Nightmare is their leader, then we know it is a man." Beatrice noticed Sanguis was slightly hypnozed by her body, and she liked the effect she had on men. But her thoughts suddenly moved to the tunnel, a shake made everything move, and was followed by a roaring. "A troll?" She had never heard anything like that in her entire life, but the thing that was more likely to be was either a troll or a werewolf, for no other being she knew would make such a roar, except dragons, but such a beast would not be able to enter that tiny tunel. "JADORIC, WE COULD USE A HAND HERE!" She yelled, just to make the leader be alert in case of any of the invaders tried to sneak back in while they were scavenging. They had to speed up or the hole could colapse and crush them within it. "Why does it always have to be bloody, muddy holes? Why not stalhrim, diamond, golden holes? Those would bring amusement to explore, even if there lurked diamond atronachs or diamond trolls inside!" She had the habit of complaining about nearly anything annoying that happened twice to her, and scavenging WAS something she had to do often.

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    "JADORIC, WE COULD USE A HAND HERE!" "Ooohhhh but I was almost done...vile woman. Crazy woman. Oh this better be important!" Jadoric rose from his seat where he was Rudely left by his companions. He made his way towards Sanguis and Beatrice. The Breton stopped upon reaching the entrance to the enormous hole in the wall of the fort. "That's gonna be a dandy to fix.." Jadoric just smirked and skipped down the passage, relishing in the smells that protruded from the dead bodies and flesh covering the walls and ground. Jadoric reached the pair of vampires. He looked down at the three dead vigilants on the ground. "Tsk tsk tskitty tisk...I'm disappointed in you two. Not making their suffering last. That would have been so much funner! But oh well. Now, what is it, my dear? You called for me, but it appears you have everything under control!" The Breton stroked Beatrice's cheek as he spoke to her. Not out of romantic feelings. That's just how our favorite Jester is.

Writes-Many-Posts

Jadoric finally arrived. "Look, I will give you a brief summary of what happened in the past hours. Somebody named Flaming Nightmare killed Aryni to avenge our dinner. Our Death Hounds have been slaughtered by these Vigilants and perhaps some that are ahead. It must have been planned for some time, no one could build this in a day or two. Anyway I also heard a roaring and or an earthquake." Beatrice then turned to the seeming endless tunnel. "And we wouldn't want any more surprises would we? Speaking of surprise, since Aryni is dead, you could tell us the news right away." She kept walking on the tunnel, finding nothing but skeever corpses and suddenly, instead of blood, her eyes found oil spilled on the ground. They planned on burning everything.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Sanguis stopped at the sight of Oil. "Umm, heres the thing guys. Should they decide to set this tunnel on fire, you two, not being of Dunmer blood, are going to burn faster than dry grass." Sanguis controlled his nerves so his ring would no longer burn, to avoid stray flares, and relied on his vampric night vision. "Tread lightly." he warned as he walked further down the tunnel. Every once in a while to roar could be heard again but it was relatively peaceful.

Writes-Many-Posts

Even though the tunnel was full of oil, no light or ignition could be seen close, appearing it was harmless as long as nobody stayed close with any torch. A snake could be heard hissing, a relatively small one that would easily dodge the careful eye, it crawled inside a small gap at the sight of the three vampires, after a feast on one of the dead skeevers. Beatrice was growing unpatient, first Aryni, then the tunnel, there always appeared to be some sort of excuse to delay Jadoric's tell of the news. "Can you just tell us the good news? We are somewhat in need of them right now..." Sanguis was now walking on her side, she was no longer leading the group, and the sight was nearly nothing as the darkness kept raising. "Still better than the sun..." A jar on the ground could tell that the igniters finished oiling the ground there, and if it was recent, they should be close. But the oil could have been set days ago. Beatrice was no geologist, and could not distinguish the difference. The soil was no longer wet, it became stable again, and no blood, corpses or oil was present this time. As if they had put more work in that part. But why?

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Sanguis was rather puzzled by the mysterious end in the disgustingness of the place, though he was happy it was over. Looking around it was obvious that the worst part of the tunnel was over with, but he still hadn't found the source of the growl.

Sanguis heard beatrice's words and turned to Jadoric. "I second that idea, in this wretched corner of skyrim, some good news would be spectacular." Looking at Jadoric with wandering eyes Sanguis waited for the news he had waited all day for.

AS88

Staff member
    As the small group turned and headed back down the hallway, Gorlas turned to inspect the others. They looked somewhat dishevelled, but still very much intact. Although they looked reasonably strong, they were no team yet, barely a word had been spoken between them. It wasn't really in the Breton's character, but he knew that if this team were to survive, then they would have to get to know each other, and it fell to him to strike up a conversation.

"So, what do you think to the boss, quiet type eh?"

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    "Indeed." Gidian's reply was short, and simple. He glanced towards the Breton. Gorlas had been his name. Gidian admired the lightning quick response and thinking the man had displayed. He'd also revealed his weapon, a bow he pulled out of thin air. Gidian looked him over one more time, and commented, "Quick thinker. Light on your feet. I knew you were capable, but there's a bit more to you, it seems. As for the master of the house, he seems to make himself quite scarce. Probably down there tinkering with some expensive and dangerous toy."

AS88

Staff member
    "Quick thinker. Light on your feet. I knew you were capable, but there's a bit more to you, it seems. As for the master of the house, he seems to make himself quite scarce. Probably down there tinkering with some expensive and dangerous toy."

"Being underestimated can be a useful tool, as I'm sure you can imagine"

The group continued in a brief silence as Gorlas made a note of the last strands of light flicker through the dusty old windows of the corridor. The boards over the glass and the cracks they left made strange shapes on the walls and floor, as the light seemed to illuminate strands of dust.

"Aye, hopefully this time he's not hoping to set it on us."

The Breton flashed a tired smile at the large Nord, surprised at his eloquence for a man of his size. Soon enough, they reached their own quarters, and Gorlas pulled a collection of papers from his satchel. As he kicked himself up onto his bed, he reached for a bottle of wine and began to relax in preparation for the next day of unknowns. He was glad to be back in work, but unsure of what was to follow. It seemed his new employer was unpredictable, to say the least.

Staff member
    Gidian responded with a slight grin to Gorlas's first comment, and nodded to the second. Gidian, instead of going to his own room, proceeded to head towards the smithing area. It was a pretty standard smithy, a lot like the one from his home. This room had the same quality to it as the rest of the house, old, dusty, and bigger than what Gidian was used to. Wasting no more time, he sat down at the grindstone and began to resharpen the newly dulled edges of his swords. It would take a long time, possibly hours, and then he decided he'd need to retemper the swords altogether. He'd need something a little more dureable for the road ahead. Another thought that went through his mind is that it would be a good idea to carry around something to sharpen his swords with him. One of those small stones, but he couldn't remember what they were called to save his life! So he sat there, in the loud noise of the grindstone, the sound of the forge's fires crackling, trying to remember what a stone to sharpen swords was called.

AS88

Staff member
    Flicking through the papers and other tomes, Gorlas found himself tiring of reading, and decided to investigate the noise coming from what he could only assume was a forge area. Shortly down the hall, now lit by a mysterious candle-light, he saw Gidian's large shadow as he stood in a pensive stance. As Gorlas turned the corner and surveyed the room, he spotted the source of the Nord's confusion as he eyed the man's daggers sat idly on a table.

"Can't find a whetstone?"

Gorlas leaned on a dusty workbench across the room and clasped his hand almost shut, while a small purple orb emitted a strange indigo light and a quiet, deep humming noise from between his fingers. The orb pulsed and Gorlas released the small sphere into the air as it disintegrated. As he brought his hand back down, he clasped his hand around the ethereal dagger that materialised into his hand. He looked to Gidian, who seemed transfixed by the display. Gorlas always enjoyed some casual showing off.

"Can't say I find much use for one myself..."

He grinned and pretended to throw the dagger out to Gidian for him to catch, but the dagger dissipated and vanished into thin air. The Breton chuckled to himself as he retook his perch on the workbench.

"Ahh I'm sorry, friend, it's been a while since I've had an excuse to do that."

Something about the old forge room made Gorlas restless, and he had a look inside a few musty cupboards and chests but to no avail.

"I imagine the Elf will have a whetstone, but I doubt he's the sort to share his tools. Why not ask his assistant, the one who was on the door?"

Staff member
    Gidian had been trying to find... he still couldn't remember what it was called, when Gorlas made himself known. Gidian hadn't heard him enter, and was slightly startled. He also mentioned a whetstone, and the bellwent off in Gidian's mind, he was looking for a whetstone. He followed Gorlas' s gaze toward a table where two daggers rested. He thought that was odd, bbecause they weren't his, and he hadn't noticed them on they way in. Gorlas drew a dagger out of thin air, and Gidian was transfixed. He had rarely, if ever seen anything of the sort. Gorlas then commented on how he hardly found a use for one, and Gidian nodded his assent, still watching the glowing dagger. He then tossed the dagger to Gidian, and as Gidian extended his hand to catch it, it dissipated around his fingers. Gidian blinked. He then turned a questioning glance toward Gorlas, coupled with a slight look of amazement.

He then heard Gorlas' s statement about the assistant and the whetstone. "I'll have to ask him later. How did you do that? I've never been able to manage magic.. those daggers on the table yours? "

They obviously weren't.

AS88

Staff member
    "I'll have to ask him later. How did you do that? I've never been able to manage magic.. those daggers on the table yours?"

Gorlas took a moment before he answered the question, thoughts of his father and the rest always made him stop in his tracks for a second.

"My father was a mage, I was part of a band of witch hunters and holy mercenaries since I was old enough to cast a lightning bolt. We would hunt necromancers, vampires, werewolves, you name it. I was never particularly interested in magic, though, I was surrounded by it since I was a boy, so it wasn't unusual. My love was Archery, and Swordsmanship, but many of our band frowned upon use of such basic weapons. The mages of High Rock are smart though, and soon enough my father came across a man able to conjure weapons from thin air. My father and I stayed with him for a few weeks while the others went ahead, and by the time we left I could conjure a dagger and a weak sword. By that winter I could cast the bow, but I'd practised with a real one father bought me beforehand. It's a difficult spell, most people would rather just carry a bow, but that's not really my style."

He looked to the daggers and back to Gidian.

"They're not mine, I only carry this one."

He opened his cloak slightly to unveil an Elven dagger, clearly quite old and rarely used, but still in good condition.

"Just in case."