Vilkas doesn't know he's my partner

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

pintree3

I was aware of this: On agreeing to rid Vilkas of his lycanthropy, he will follow you out of Jorrvaskr. The quest marker will appear on Ysgramor's Tomb but disappear after a few seconds. Vilkas will stop following you but the game will act as though he still is, which results in your not being able to take another follower or complete the quest.
The bug posted regarding the above was read too late hence, I did not go to earlier saves, as told there or elsewhere because I found out too late. I did a few more quests and still nothing. I was then ready to do a cheat code on the PC, as advised, when suddenly he appeared. But the quest was never completed. Prior to this no-one wanted to be my partner because "I already had partner" In talking to him he too thinks I have a partner, and doesn't know that he is my partner. All 3, Farkas, Aela and Lydia, also think I have a partner. So now I am at a loss because all research does not point to the problem as such. What do I do?

pintree3

I keep on researching and still nothing. The answer I seem to find is like the above, which didn't work. Certainly I can't be the only one. I am wondering what else I should be searching for; am I missing a detail somewhere?.

Marta_89

I keep on researching and still nothing. The answer I seem to find is like the above, which didn't work. Certainly, I can't be the only one. I am wondering what else I should be searching for; am I missing a detail somewhere?.

I have a similar issue, same mission, but instead of having the quest mark disappear I completed it up until the point of talking to Vilkas, and then the dialogue won't show. So I'm stuck with Vilkas as a follower as you are, but in my case, he does follow me everywhere, I just can't finish the quest or get rid of him.
I've found some threat with a solution from a guy that has PC like you do, so maybe it will be useful. https://skyrimforum.com/sf/threads/please-help-purity-bug-vilkas-wont-talk.16071/ It's the last reply.

I can't do it cause I play on PS4 :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts