• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    OOC: Sorry if I control your character too much, forgive me and tell me if I do. I tried making it things we would be doing and I tried not to give you specific dialogue, there's heaps of breathing room but let me know if it was too much. It just allows me to keep writing this way.

Not long after Circe had offered the Argonian came out ready to go, he informed her he'd be stopping for ingredients. "Oh I love some good ole flower picking." joked Circe. They headed off, Circe walked side by side the Argonian. She was glad he had agreed, it settle an argument and served a good use. It also cured some boredom festering within Circes mind, she couldn't wait to kill. The Lizard would occasionally stop for I ingredients as he said, Circe would just look around at the majestic forest. The trees were amazing, she was amazed by trees. She was in a good mood, company was something she had been lacking before she met Jt. Company as in people she doesn't plan on killing. The came to a halt, and the Argonian got ready to fire at a deer. The shot was successful, and the deer was taken down. He skinned it and took all that was useful from it, Circe just picked a few flowers. Every time she collected a bundle of flowers she'd hand them to the Argonian, Circe knew what was useful and what was not so there was no issue there. Circe helped him hunt by switching her eyes to be able to detect life, the way a vampire can. After a while she said "So tell me about your origin." It was pretty straight forward, she wanted to learn more about him. "And tell me why you join us." Circe played with an orange flower in her hand as she talked

SonOfSkyrim91

The hunt was going well. The Forrest was full of useful ingredients, and so far the vampire had not complained when he stopped to gather. She even helped pick a few herself. He was impressed, she seemed to know whet she was doing. He managed to drop a deer with ease. He was trying to refrain from using the poison. It was difficult to come by the ingredients required and it would spoil the meat. He skinned it, took its bones. Then moved on. After a short time, they passed a patch of red and purple mushrooms. Bleeding Crown. He couldn't help himself. He had to grab it. "So tell me about your origin." The question caught him off guard. "And tell my why you joined us."

Gah-Jular thought for a moment. "Well, I was born in Thorn. It's a small city in the Northeast of Black Marsh, near the border with Morrowind. My dad was an alchemist. He owned a shop in the city, where I learned what does what, and how it does it. I trained with a local jeweler, and a blacksmith. I was by all means a craftsman. Then I met the Khajiit. Money became everything, what can I do and how can it make me more. I took to dealing skooma inside the city on behalf of the caravan. Things got ugly. I did work for bandits and effectively became a mercenary. I spent a four year spell in the Dark Brotherhood. They told me I was a natural. I made thousands as an assassin. As fun as it was, I could never carry out a killing without feeling bad. I had no reason to kill these people. I was not the cold blooded killer they desired. I was a skilled hunter and fisherman, and could cook very well indeed. Buy overconfidence proved to be my downfall. I had a run in with some local merchants. Not long after I found myself having been conveniently intercepted, with a large supply of skooma. They paid off the caravan for information. They set me up. I spent three years in jail. Skyrim was my escape route. I arrived a month after I got out. I was 23 in your years. I just wanted to embrace my skill as a trader and craftsman. I've been selling my wares in Whiterun's market for two years. Why did I join you? Adventure. Money. A change of scenery. But mostly you. I feared that if i turned to walk away, I'd get a dagger in my back. Not many have a heated argument with a vampire and live. So here I am." He finished gathering the mushrooms, put them in a jar and tied the jar to his belt. The Argonian stood up, and carried on walking deeper into the forrest.

IndurDawnD3ath

The Legendary Conundrum
    He was actually being asked to light the fire. Unfortunately he wasn't supposed to damage anything. He used a simple pyromancy for this. Just a gout of flame. They enjoyed the meal, the argonian had made. Then he sat down for a nice doze, provided there wasn't any traveling to be done.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    Jar'ik woke up in a strange bed, in a strange place, with a throbbing headache. Muttering obscenities and cursing alcohol, he noticed the two redguards who had insisted on paying for his bed and drinks the night before were already up and out. He rose and grabbed his sword up off the chair, and began to make his way out, before the barkeep spoke up. "You Redguards sure can drink, the other two paid your bill and left early this morning, told me to pass a message along. If you are looking for work, head towards whiterun and meet up with them." Jar'ik nodded and continued out the door.

The morning air was crisp and refreshing, though still a bit too cold. Striding down the road, he decided he would not be joining the others. "The last thing I need is the company of mercenaries who drink too much," he muttered to the open air. After taking a moment to take in the beauty of the rising sun and surrounding plains, a brief flash of his dream passed across his vision. The fire and dragon were absent, but the Icy blue storm seemed to be overwhelming his senses...... and then the next moment he was gone. Taking it as a sign, he suddenly turned from the road and began roaming through the wilderness. Drawing his blade and moving as quickly as he could, he chased the feeling. Whatever awaited him, it was sure to be cold.............

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    OOC: I was listening to music as I wrote this so hopefully there isn't too many lyrics :O I wanted to find sad songs for the memories.

Circe listened to what Gah-Jular had today with interest. "Don't be silly, I wouldn't have stabbed you in the back." she said, "I'd have drained you dry of all the blood in your body." She was joking, but she was unsure if the Argonian understood her sense of humor. "Well I can't exactly tell you my life story, it's far too long." she said with a grin. "Besides, periods of time in my life are long or short by how eventful they are." She could tell the Argonian didn't quite understand her, so he explained. "The second era actually felt like an era because of all that went on, I was doing something and nearly every day was something different. The third era doesn't feel like it went for too long as I didn't do much. Well, I didn't do nothing. Just mostly the same thing." Circe began thinking about her mortal life, and what it had been like.

-in an age long ago-
    Circes first breakup:
    "If you don't even love me enough to have sex with me why do we bother." Lorkmir said, annoyed. "I'm only 14!" screamed Circe, "You're trying to use me!" she was really upset. "No you used me!" he shouted back, "You used me to fulfill some messed up loving romantic relationship fantasy! You're worthless, and I'll find someone better than you." and with that Lorkmir left. That someone better was Circes best friend.

This memory didn't trouble Circe anymore.

-"CIRCE!" A voice shouted from the basement. Circe dropped what she was doing and ran to the voice. "Yes father?" she asked. "What the hell is this?" he asked, pissed off. Circe was frightened. "What is wha-" her voice stopped dead. Her best friend Daud was beaten to a pulp at her fathers feet. Circe ran up to her father and began hitting him, screaming. He gently removed her from him and calmly said "I didn't do this sweetie," then his voice got dark "but tell me what he is doing in my bloody house." "I invited him." she said, chin up. "Well now he knows we worship Molag Bal. What do you think of that huh?" Her father was clearly angry, she was lucky he wasn't abusive. Circe immediately became embarrassed, frightened, upset. "He's going to tell everyone... He's going to think I'm a monster... He's going to hate me..." she began to cry. Daud slowly approached her, and wrapped his arms around her trying to comfort her. With all his cuts and bruises it hurt him, but it was worth it.-

This is the memory where Circe realized who would always be there for her, he had gone through hell traveling through Skyrim to get to her house. Took a long time. The next memory however is where she gets closer to her regrets.

"You're going to stay young forever Circe, and I'm going to die." Daud said, they were together now and had been for a while. "I can turn you, we'll live forever together." Circe said, she thought she had it figured out. "you mean together forever?"
    "Shut up." She joked, "No seriously.. Just let me turn you..." she said, she put her arms on his shoulders. He agreed, she proceeded upon his neck. He survived the bite, and two centuries later he was a very skilled and dangerous vampire. He didn't even kill the innocent, but if he would he'd have been high rocks worst nightmare. When it came to joining Harkon, and killing innocents, he couldn't do it. He had refused in front of Harkon and Circes parents, they were shocked. "We're outsiders and aloud in and you refuse, are you stupid boy! This is a golden opportunity!" her father had yelled, among other things. Circe had gotten him alone, and tried prodding him into joining. "It just ain't us man, the killing the violence... Just ain't us. I should have died a long time ago Circe, this was a mistake." He was breaking her heart. "We're a mistake huh?" Circe asked, nearly crying. "Not us, the vampirism. We should be in the afterlife. "There is no afterlife!" screamed Circe, she knew of Sovenguard but didn't believe. She stormed off, and returned 7 hours later. She had wiped out 3 villages of people in anger, after killing nobody innocent since being bitten. Since being born. Daud was not pleased. He snuck up on her, "What the hell Circe?" he snapped. "We're vampires." she said coldly, "People die around us." "What made you think you had the right to take away somebody's life?" He asked, he couldn't believe the woman he had come to love had done this. "More than just some bodies, There was a lot of bodies." She was joking about it, which infuriated him. Such cold humor. "How could you be so full of hate? After everything!" He yelled, "I'm not full of hate, I'm the same Circe! Just stop with the useless avoidance of innocent blood shed. We are above mere men!" She was struggling not to cry, and knew she had to stand strong. "No Circe, you're not the same. Nothings been the same since I became a vampire, always pushing me to kill. Your father always worried I'm going to betray him and run off with you." He was saying, she cut him off. "It isn't like that!" pleaded Circe, tears were forming in her eyes. "I can't keep chasing you, I'm taking my life back." He said, she was losing him. Their relationship had gone downhill a century ago, he tried his hardest to please her but she treated him like he wasn't worthy. Yet he had meant everything to her. "I don't think you understand the sacrifices that I've made, maybe if you did I would have stayed. I've already wasted two centuries." Circe was crying, he was leaving her. "So for these two hundred years you haven't loved me, It's all been a lie..." she sobbed. "Circe," his voice desperate, "I would have died for you." She believed him. "No more pain, no more fights. We've taken each other for granted, there's nothing left of our relationship but ash and dust. I can't stand it, and I demand respect. I'm no longer going to be treated inferior or like your lap dog. I'm gonna be the boss of YOU now." she was confused, he saw this. If he's leaving how will be the boss? She wondered. "What I mean is that I wont let you control me." When he said this she thought back and realized how she treated him and ordered him around, she had realized before but always meant to 'fix it later'. It was now too late. Circe turned to walk away, he put his hand on her shoulder and spun her around so she was facing him again. "No you're hearing me out, that much you owe me." She was wiping her eyes trying to hold back more crying, but it was hopeless. "I gave up my life for you, I've been loyal to you. I don't even know why I stayed this long, I've been doing everything you've wanted me to do. Been everything you wanted me to be." Dauds voice got angry, "And this is how I get repaid!? Always in a rush to get back to you, no but I haven't heard you yet so once that you appreciate me. I deserve respect, I've done my best to give you nothing less than perfectness! I know that if I leave your family's clan I'll have nothing left, I'll be on the run and I'll own nothing but what I can take with me. But you keep stepping all over me and it's time for me to step up." Circe but in once again, "Daud, how can you not miss me if you leave? Daud I know you will. You'll just come back..." She whispered the last sentence. "I'll miss the woman you once were, not the monster you are today. And I won't be coming back, so don't hold your breath." He was angry, upset and was letting out two centuries of frustration all out at once. "Daud I killed a little, a little I'm sorry!" She screamed, "It isn't even just that Circe, you know it isn't." He said calmly back to her. "THAN WHAT HAVE I DONE?" she screamed at the top of her lungs. "You know what you've done, I don't need to tell you." Then he just disappeared, he went invisible, he ran. She didn't even bother changing her vision so she could see lifeforms, she didn't want to follow him. 25 years later they found each other again, she still wasn't over him. He had cured vampirism, but only 5 years ago. He had been a year younger than Circe when he was bitten, he looked about 20 years old. Recognizable, but mortal. She now donned Royal Vampire Robes, and he noticed her approaching as she stepped through the crowd. He was sitting on a bench, she sat beside him. "You have cured yourself, you have become prey." She said to him. "Good." Is all he said. "It's not too late..." she whispered. "Let me turn you..."

"No." His answers were short, he was in mourning of the old Circe. Seeing her now only made him want to rip his heart out. Coming from such innocence to what she was today, he waited for her to speak again. "Just come back Daud, this is a waste of time. Being a mortal is just foolish, why be such a creature when you can be so much more?" Her offers were useless. He stood up and faced her, she stood up beside him. "You're still trying, just give up." He said angrily, "How's it feel huh?" he asked. She knew where this was going, it wasn't going to end well. "You neglected me. I guess you did me a favor, if you hadn't I'd still be a vampire. So you've set my spirit free, an I'll always have a special place for you in my heart Circe. It's unfortunate but it's just too late for us." She was getting angry, rather than upset. "Daud, what made you feel this way..." she asked. "You." "Well how do you feel?" She had never asked him this before, not since they became vampires. She assumed being a vampire did as much for him as it did for her, it did not. "I felt like when I tried my hardest for you, went out of my for you, alls you did was laugh. You expected me to work till I snapped. I had no life outside of pleasing you and your family, didn't I give you enough of my time? You don't think so you do you. Why I stayed that long I don't know, I saw the signs in the first 10 years." He stopped to see what she'd say, there was a small silence. "I gave you immortality.." she started, he cut in right away. "Well go bite someone else and make them immortal!" he yelled, it drew a few people's attention.
    Circe could feel eyes on her. "And take away their freedom like you did to me, treat them like you don't need them and they aren't worthy." "But you are worthy Daud, I love you!" she screamed. "Oh now I'm loved, I didn't feel loved when we were together! Alls I felt was helpless, imprisoned. You lied so much and I fell for it every time, it's just ridiculous. You make me sick." She began to cry again, at how it all could have been avoided. But in all her love for him she could never give up vampirism. "But you're addictive as they get, and as evil as they come. My mortal family just asked me why I couldn't just walk away, I didn't know then but I do now. I was just addicted to the pain and stress and drama, I was drawn to it. I was a mess, Vampirism was cursed and blessed. But I didn't change my mind, not last time. I cured it. You say that you miss me, but not once did you say you appreciate me." Circe begged once more, to which he finally said. "fl*ff you Circe, I left. My life sentence has been served." He left again, he just walked. But she saw him once more. When he was 31, not including the vampire years she tracked him down. He had become a vampire hunter and he was tasked in killing him for Harkon. She tracked him down to an old crypt, she moved silently and swiftly through the vampire den. When she found him he was at the central chamber, he had defeated the vampire he came for. The tomb was wide open, and stand before it bloodied and worn out. He rested in his victory, until he heard a door creak shut behind him. Circe stood still in the shadows before stepping out to approach him. "Circe..." he gasped, "is it really you?" She was silent. She walked right up to him, he was too exhausted to fight. He accepted death. She had other things in mind, she drew her katana (The kind Harkon has :p ) and ran up to him ready to stab him but at the last 2 feet dropped it and lunged in. She bit hard into his neck once more, when she pulled away he had to pricks of blood dropping. She pushed him into the tomb, he had struggled but it was nothing compared to what strength a vampire holds. He fainted, but she was sure he'd survive. She placed her katana with him so he'd be forced with a vampiric artifact, and her memory. She sealed the tomb, and rounded up hoards of dead to guard the tomb. It took a few months, but eventually the main chamber had become a pit of death. No one would disturb him. Over time bandits moved in and out of the place, but only way up above close to the surface. Daud was much deeper below. This chamber had been in Skyrim. He had moved out of High Rock, his reasons obvious. Picked up vampire hunting and travelled Skyrim. He's still there, and Circe doesn't know if he actually did survive. After that encounter, realizing she couldn't kill him and she failed Harkon she left with her mother and father to start their own once more. But Circe has returned to Skyrim, and she's looking for an old friend.-

-Back to reality-
    Her pace had slowed down so much Gah-Jular had to call out to her for her to catch up. She diminished her depressive thoughts and turned them into violence, the next pack of wolves they encountered didn't stand a chance. She burned to a charred corpse of useless burnt fur and burned meat. "Can we find some bandits?" Asked Circe at a fast pace, "I need to kill."

SonOfSkyrim91

"Don't be silly, I wouldn't have stabbed you in the back, I'd have drained you dry of all the blood left in you body." He wasn't worried, he could see the fiendish smile and playful look in her eye. He continued on through the woods, following in the tracks of an elderly elk. They had killed enough for dinner, so the meat didn't matter anymore. He was eager to try out a new poison, and dipped the tip of a silver arrow in it. He used silvers with poison as the metal wasn't as affected like steel. He looked back, and the vampire was just standing in place, with a hurt, distant look across her face. He called back, as quietly as possible, "Vampire! C'mon, we're close! These tracks are fresh!" He was eager, but the the Argonian soon noticed bits of fur, flesh and blood appearing alongside the tracks. The vampire was following now, but remained distant and silent. He came across the elk, disemboweled, with four wolves huddled around it eating lunch. Before he could draw his bow, the vampire charged forward, hurling fireballs and burning all of them to crisp. Wasted. Perfectly good pelts, completely wasted. The Argonian was outraged, furious, but did not shout for fear of startling any nearby prey. She stormed past him, and shouted "Can we find some bandits? I need to kill." Birds flew from the trees, and two deer sprinted away to the left. "What is wrong with you!?" He shouted now, there was no more prey to scare. "You just wasted four perfectly good wolves. That was tolerable. But there was no need to shout!" He stopped there, before he offended her. "You wanna find bandits, go ahead, but I'm hunting, whether you come with me or not."

With that he walked towards a small lake, dropping his things and stripping before sliding into the cool water. Fishing always helped his relax, in the water he was in his element. It reminded him of home. He did not know if the vampire had followed or not. He couldn't help but feel that he'd offended her. He swam around for a while, letting the water wrap itself around his thin scaly body, hugging him with its cool touch. He was still unaware of if the vampire had hung around an hour later when he pulled himself out onto the bank, where he sat with his feet in the water. He had caught plenty of fish in his swim, and now that he had a cool head he gathered his things and redressed. He stood and turned now prepared to walk the path back to camp. He had a long journey ahead of him, and he still had no clue where the vampire may be.

TheJtlman

Jt: Everyone be careful, this route is notorious for bandits to ambush on. There should be at least 5 camps, so, from now on, no one is to go by themselves, we wouldn't want you to get ambushed alone.

His companions grumbled over this idea, or the ones that were here. He saw a necklace on the ground, it was gold, with a ruby in the middle of it. The ruby had a crack in it, the crack ran across the whole necklace and was easy to see. He picked it up and placed it in his bag.
    Traveling for a while, the sun was starting to set. They met up with Circe and Gah, though not at the same time. Jt just assumed she was killing someone, and then they started to set up camp. They had dinner and it was close for them to sleep for the night.

Jt: Alright, first watch tonight will be taken by Gah-Jular. Everyone else, get some shut eye.

After waiting for everyone to fall prey to slumber, Jt got out of his tent and walked to his Argonian companion.

Jt: Stay here, I am going to scout ahead. I want to know where the bandits are and how many there are.

Gah agreed, not realizing what Jt intended to do. He climbed into the tree and leaped away. After a while, and several bandit camps, he found a camp with some interesting clothes.

Bandit 1: Today could have been better.

Bandit 2: I know, we didn't get anything to useful.

Bandit 3: Yeah, all we saw were nords, that is so stupid.

Bandit 1: To be fair, there really isn't much cats or lizards here.

Bandit 2: Yeah, we are in Skyrim.

Out of a grand tent, walked a man with a brilliant fur cape with an exotic looking design. He had a great sword, made from the greatest of Orcish blacksmiths. This man was obviously the leader of these bandits. They all got up and bowed to him, then the third bandit went to get some more mead, from the black-briar mead.

B.L.: Don't worry, my little morons, there has been a lizard sited nearby. He travels with a merchant, which I think we should all know.

B.1: Him, no way.

B.2: I thought he was dead.

They turned to see what the third guy thought, but he was slumped over on the ground in a pool of blood.

Jt: Oh yes, it really would be a shame to be dead if I didn't meet up with you guys.

They looked around to try to find him. Unfortunately, Jt had an uncanny ability to throw his voice.

Jt: Where is Gerald, I wanted to give him my love too. Come on guys, we are all friends here.

The 2 bandits ran toward their fallen comrade.

B.L.: No, get back!

When they reached him, they were stricken with hundreds of bolts of lightning, coming flying from the ground. They were chard in an instant.

Jt: Don't even bother calling for help, They are all dead. That is a very nice cape, I wonder who you used for it. Your shoes are also nice, as well as that claw necklace.

B.L.: Fight me one on one, unless you are not a true nord.

The man Felt a dagger in his guts, not killing him, but holding him there for the final blow.

Jt: Goodbye.

And with that, Jt decapitated him. He then took all of their fur clothes and scaled shoes, and proceed to bury them.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Circes outrage had angered the Argonian, she understood but she didn't care too much. Not at the time anyway. She went to follow him, but felt very unwelcome. She left to do some of her own hunting, killing was something she enjoyed doing. She managed to track down a small group of buildings in the woods, she moved swiftly and quietly approaching her prey. There was a man dressed in furs carrying some chopped wood to his house. Circe was behind a tree right on the tree line scanning the area, getting ready to ambush her prey when a voice called out. "Daddy! Daddy, look what I found!" A little boy called out, the boy ran to his father and showed him some kind of gem. The man put the wood down and inspected what his son had found, "Nice! You should keep it, for good luck." He said. "Don't you want it?" The boy asked. "No no, you can have it. I could make it a necklace if you want." "Yes please!" The boy said, he handed the blue gem over and his father pocketed of before bringing the firewood inside. Circe just watched the family from a distance, beginning to feel guilty. She just turned away, and headed into another direction. She wasn't done yet though, she had to kill. She eventually found a bandit camp, it was rather small. Quite disappointing for Circe, there was only 4 bandits. She didnt exactly know if they were bandits or not so she approached out in the open to see who would draw first, it was them. "Well well look we got here" one of them said, "fresh meat." Said the other. "I was thinking the same thing." Circe said, her grin confused them. That's when she transformed, and lashed out on them all. She was draining their lives to make her vampire lord form more powerful, with each life she took she felt herself get slightly stronger. She doesn't like being the one to loot, so she raised two and got them to hand their coin over. She raised the other two (which caused the others to turn to dust) and ordered them to do the same, however she dead thralled them and brang them with her.

She immediately regretted not feeding from them before raising and turning them to ash, there was sure to be more bandits out there. She returned to the camp some time after the Argonian, she didn't say a word to him. She understood his anger but just felt she had wasted her pride by coming out and apologising to him, then trying to make amends, only to have him yell at her not long after. She always managed to stuff up, a trait she used to sit around and cry over. It's only at her expense if she lets it he, otherwise it shall only be at other people's expenses. Circe travelled relatively close to Jt, though a little farther than usual. No one said anything about the thralls. When they arrived at the camp and everyone began setting up she offered the thralls armour and possessions to be taken, she got them to strip of all they owned then she slit their throats. They turned to ash. "No bandits tried to raid us yet, you'd think with two merchants and three guards someone would grow some balls and attack us." Circe said aloud, "of course our merchants can handle themselves but... The bandits don't know that." Circe didn't bother setting anything up until late at night, she removed the big black cloak once more and hung it up at the tent so no one could see in it. "I'm going to go bathe by a lake, if I catch anyone watching me I'll cut off anything that sticks out." And with that she left to find one, she returned an hour later. She didn't feel like talking anymore today, she was done with people. She retreated to her tent early that night, she would emerge when most were asleep to sit outside and sing.

She wondered why Jt trusted the Dunmer, and wondered why the elf even wanted to accompany them. She would ask both the next day.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Jar'ik had been searching off the road the entire day and had found nothing but a slaughtered bandit camp, and even more disappointing, couldn't find the road again. Having spent most of the day wandering and with night having fallen he was debating on finding somewhere sheltered to sleep, or just keep walking. His mind was made up for him when he saw the campfire. He approached and hoped he wasn't walking into a group of bandits and announced very loudly, "Ahh, fellow travelers? I have been wandering most of the day and would be extremely greatfull if you would be so kind as to allow me to share your fire tonight, or at least point me in the direction of the road."

He finished his sentance and finally saw the group, and immediately regretted approaching them. The very first thing he saw was an argonian cooking, which didn't bother him in the slightest, but then he saw the mage. He was sitting there, passing a ball of flame back and forth between his fingers and watching it with a strange expression. To his left he noticed a nord approaching him and placed his hand on his scimitar before saying, "I mean for no trouble, and I'm sure you don't want the kind that I can be. Just point out the road and I will be on my way." Wondering if perhaps this man was a magic user as well, he prayed that he would be reasonable, while part of him silently wished he'd start a problem so he could lay a camp full of mages to waste where they wouldn't be noticed.

TheJtlman

Earlier that Day. . .

Jt: Sir, we have no plan on harming you, if you wish to stay, then you may stay. We are headed to Markarth, if you want to join us, then you may join us. If not, I will wish for you to leave in the morning.

He thanked him and sat at the bonfire, though, he was giving Circe and the dark elf an evil eye. He figured that this would lead to be a bad idea.

Present time . . .

Jt was walking back to camp late at night, after he "scouted" ahead. He got back and saw someone else was on duty, so he sneaked around the tents, as he walked by the tent of the redgaurd, in which he let sleep with them for the time being. When he got to his tent, he went through the back of his tent. He laid down and fell asleep. He woke up earlier than the rest, and went to start this fire in his usual way. He didn't even bother putting on his cloak, he walked out and he saw . . .

SonOfSkyrim91

When Gah-Jular returned to camp, there was still no sign of the vampire. They traveled for a short while before the vampire appeared as well, with two mutilated undead men in tow. He kept quiet, travelling behind the rest of the group. He didn't like having anyone behind him, especially not from this group. He didn't trust anyone yet. They traveled for a few hours, they were near the edge of the forrest now, so he would be hunting on the tundra from this point on. When they set up camp, the vampire didn't. It was only when the Argonian was setting up the fire and cooking pots that she set up, before saying something about bathing. He didn't listen, he was busy preparing everyone's food. He had found some nice herbs in the forrest, he was determined to try them tonight. Jt approached him and told him that he would be on watch tonight. It didn't bother him, he liked to be alone at night. He had prepared the food. He was tempted to slip deathbell into the vampire's food, but decided it wouldn't go down too well if she died because of his food.

Then, he heard a twig snap ahead of him. He looked up, but couldn't see anything. Moments later he heard a shout, "Ah, fellow travelers!" He looked up and saw a Redguard man approaching. "I have been wandering most of the day and would be extremely grateful if you would be so kind as to allow me to share your fire tonight, or at least point me in the direction of the road." Gah-Jular did nothing, just watched as Jt walked over to him. The man's hand went straight to his scimitar. "I mean for no trouble, an I'm sure you don't want the kind that I can be. Just point out the road and I will be on my way." The Argonian waited to put the meat in the pot, in case he had to prepare another meal. He walked back to his tent while he waited, putting the furs and ingredients from today's hunt into his bag. He had dropped another deer on his way back, as well as two wolves and several rabbits and squirrels. He still had some fish.

He left his tent, heading back to the fire, crouching down and listening to the Redguard talking with Jt. From what he could hear, the Redguard would be staying the night. After Jt had left him, Gah-Jular walked up to the Redguard. He explained that he would be on watch tonight, and that if he so wished he could use the Argonian's tent for the night. The Redguard agreed, and Gah-Jular went and took his bags from the tent, so he could use them to sit on whilst he was on watch. He got to preparing the Redguard's meal, and then began cooking.

In his opinion, dinner had been good. He'd made sure to save a little bit in case he got hungry on watch. He was sitting silently, thinking, when the Nord Jt walked from his tent to the Argonian. "Stay here," he began in a hushed voice. "I am going to scout ahead. I want to know where the bandits are and how many there are." He threw his bag over his shoulder, and climbed a tree before swinging away, like a monkey, thought Gah-Jular, much to his own amusement. It was not long before the Nord returned. His bag looked much bigger, but the Argonian remained silent, not voicing his speculations. He let the Nord pass unquestioned, and he went straight into his tent and fell asleep. Gah-Jular finished what was left of his food, and spent the rest of the night sharpening his daggers and restringing his bow.

Morning came quickly. The Argonian managed the whole night without falling asleep, very much to his own surprise. The Vampire was first up, followed by Jt. He had prepared a small breakfast, mostly of fruit and some nuts he had been carrying for a long time. He had never had them before, but his fish diet did not permit that he join them for breakfast. Instead he used the half hour to catch up on sleep. They were still headed to Markarth, but he was going to suggest making a stop at Rorikstead, he needed to stock up and he needed to use an alchemy lab desperately. He woke up shortly after they finished, packed up his tent and mat and got ready for the day's trek.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Jar'ik was thankful they had let him stay, and they weren't too bad. He still mistrusted the mage, and the woman who had the eyes of a vampire, and found it impossible to sleep, especially since he had agreed to use the argonians tent and couldn't see the stars, and it was still too cold for him. He simply spent the night thinking, and came to the conclusion that this group was worth sticking with. The mage had been playing with fire, maybe he was supposed to follow this man to find the cold and the dragon.

When the group packed up the next morning, he helped the Argonian pack the tent he had used and tagged along as they set out for the road. It was strangely quiet, and still cold. He decided he wanted to know about his temporary traveling group, and asked out loud, "So, if you all don't mind questions, who are you all, where are we going, and who has the curse of magic upon them?" Deciding that this may bring a slight outrage, he placed his hand behind him, nearer his dagger. Staying near the Argonian, so far the friendliest of the bunch, and the one with the thickest skin should he need a shield, he braced for the answer.

TheJtlman

Jt stared at the Redguard, wondering why he had such a hatred for magic. He dismissed the thought, and answered before the dark elf showed him his magic.

Jt: Other than the obvious 2, I do dabble in magic, but other than that, I don't think anyone else does. It's amusing that you have such melancholy toward magic, which is not uncommon, but this is obviously deeper than most normal cases, something dramatized you as a kid. Well, it doesn't really matter, mainly cause you should remember that it is actually rarer for someone to have no magic. Though, most people don't realize their potential, or can't since it just might be only to cause a spark.

When he finished, he turned around and kept on marching. As he was walking, he kept having this nagging feeling that Circe was watching him more sternly than usual. He continued walking and decided to ignore the feeling. He put up his hood to keep the sun out of his eyes. Circe went back and told Gah something, but she whispered it in his ear.

After several hours of traveling, Jt went and found a spot to set up camp. Unfortunately, there was no pond nearby. Circe and Gah were out hunting, so Jt decided to set up their tents for them. When he finished, he retreated to his tent. He took out all of his weapons to clean them. As he was cleaning the blood of his dagger, when it hit him like a dragon's tale, and he knew what a dragon's tale felt like. He was cleaning blood of his weapon, with a vampire in the group, and he had decided that she was first on duty tonight for watch. Slapping himself in the face, he just hoped he could sleep the night.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Circe was a little confused on where the Redguard came from, but she didn't seem to mind too much. She made sure to keep a keen eye on Jt, this Redguard could be a other one of Jts assassins and they could be walking into an ambush. She would be ready to defend him. The Redguard made an obvious note that he didnt like magic, and asking who has the 'curse' of magic. Jt made note that's something must have happened in the Redguards childhood, Circe had other ideas. "Aw, is magic too complicated for you?" Circe teased, "Can't handle anything that isn't as simple as swinging an object." Circe wasn't offended, but she'd make sure he was. Circe approached the Argonian Gah-Julah and whispered in his ear "I have something very important to tell you, but not here." She went and retrieved her book from Jt. Not long after they made up a campsite, Circe and the Argonian went out hunting. After their first kill, Circe broke the silence. "I need someone to trust, as I'm choosing you Argonian." she started, she was trying to choose her words carefully. "Someone I knew long ago is in Skyrim, a vampire. He's... Trapped... I don't know if he's alive. I bit him and through him in a tomb, I don't know if he's escaped, never turned, dead or worse. But I've come to find out... The lands changed a little since then, but I know roughly where it is. If he did survive he's going to be hideous, monstrous. Unrecognizable and extremely powerful. But I tried to preserve him for a reason." Circe looked at the Argonian uncertainly, "If you dob me in... You'll meet a fate worse than death. You don't have to help me, but if you choose not to do not turn on me." The Argonian went to say something, but Circe cut him off. "It's deep within a ruin, I doubt anyone's been to the very depths. I just want to free him, help him. But we're going to need to bring someone else... Someone to die. He's going to be very, very thirsty. He won't be able to go in the sun. So do not think you are the meal. I don't know why you would help a vampire lord free another vampire lord but... I don't know who else to turn to. If you choose not to come with me just make sure you don't tell anyone. He will be more powerful than me, he always was. But he got himself cured... I turned him again. Will you help me?" She finally asked. She didn't know if he had processed all that but she was anxious for his response, every second his mouth didn't move felt like an hour.

SonOfSkyrim91

Gah-Jular was too tired to care for the Redguard squabbling with the Vampire, but he did notice that the Redguard seemed to be sticking very close to him. They had walked for about three hours before the vampire dropped back next to him, leaned in close and whispered in his ear; "I have something very important to tell you, but not here." Okan-RU had originally been empty minded, trying to calculate the costs of Wulf's ebony armor and figuring out how he could make that money back as quickly as possible. When they stopped, the vampire immediately volunteered them both to hunt. But Gah-Jular had other ideas. He needed to talk to Jt. He walked over, and said "Look, I've been thinking about how much we're gonna make when we get to Markarth. I know you said you'd be the one selling goods, but I want to help. And we don't have much in the way of goods at the moment, so I was going to suggest a stop at Rorikstead. Only a few hours, just enough to turn everything we've gathered so far into potions and poisons. It gives us a lot more to sell, or use if we need it." And with that, he gathered his bow, arrows and daggers and followed the vampire of into the trees.

The first kill was an Elk, and a very large one at that. As he approached the lifeless carcass, dagger drawn ready to skin it, the vampire piped up. "I need someone to trust, and I'm choosing you Argonian. Someone I knew long ago is in Skyrim, a vampire. He's... trapped... I don't know if he's alive. I bit him and threw him in a tomb, I don't know he's escaped, never turned, dead or worse. But I've come to find out. The land's changed a little since then, but I know roughly where he is. If he did survive he's going to be hideous, monstrous. Unrecognizable and extremely powerful. But I tried to preserve him for a reason." By this point the Argonian was stood, facing her, staring at her mouth as everything came out. She trusted him? There had to be a catch. Maybe he was to be the vampire's first meal? "If you dob me in, You'll meet a fate worse that death. You don't have to help me, but if you choose not to do not turn on me." Gah-Jular went to ask about food, but she cut him off. "It's deep within a ruin, I doubt anyone's been to the very depths. I just want to free him, help him. But we're going to need someone else... someone to die. He's going to be very, very thirsty. He won't be able to go into the sun. So do not think you are the meal. I don't know why you would help a vampire lord free another vampire lord but I don't know who else to turn to. If you choose not to come with me just make sure you don't tell anyone. He will be more powerful than me, he always was. But he got himself cured... I turned him again. Will you help me?" And she waited. Just stood there, awaiting his response.

There was a lot to think about. What if she was lying, and he was to be eaten? What if she wanted to test this vampire's strength, and he became the victim? After much thought, he had readied his answer. "Okay. I'll do it. You're putting so much trust in me, the least I can do is return the favor. But, I do have conditions. They're nothing major, just things that would make me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Firstly, I don't get treated like your slave. This is your adventure, your journey into the past I know, I understand that, but you came to me, so you can at least act like you almost sort of appreciate having me there. Secondly, you tell me where it is, so that I can help plan our breakaway from the group. Thirdly, we definitely, unless we die, without a shadow of a doubt return to this group when it's done. Lastly, we tell the group after we've finished. At least that way they can't stop you 'cos it's already done, and we both survived if we're telling them so they can't say it was anyone's fault that someone died. They may seem like a lot, but they're simple things. The one I'm most tight about are the first and third. This group is my life now, I'm not gonna lose it, I couldn't spend another second back on that stool in Whiterun. And by the way, I never did catch your name?" He felt like he had just made himself look so selfish. He made demands of a girl that didn't know who else to trust. no one else to confide in. But he was not gonna be her slave. No way. He turned and crouched, cutting of the Elk's hooves and finishing skinning it, before taking it's massive antlers and some well sized chunks of meat. He still had hunting to do.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Jar'ik laughed at the vampire's teasing. A long, hearty laugh that he had not heard in come out of his mouth in quite awhile. He loosened up a bit, though he stayed close to the argonian until the vampire came to discuss something with him. At that point he moved away, unfortunately closer to the pyro as the others had occasionally called him. When they finally made camp, the Argonian and the vampire immediately took off to hunt. Jar'ik found a solid tree, put his back against it and began honing his scimitar, not so much out of necessity as out of a need to do something. He hoped that the argonian would come back alive, he wouldn't last long among only mages.

He took stock of the little group. The Nord was obviously in charge, and the vampire watched his back like an older sibling. The Argonian appeared to be a merchant of sorts, just like the Nord, but he moved quietly and was skilled at surviving. The pyro had been quiet, only playing with his fire as they walked and lighting the campfire when they stopped. Lastly the imperial......he couldn't place him really. He moved around alot as if not wanting to stay in one place, and found shadows wherever any were to be found. A criminal most likely.

After all that thought, he chuckled low and under his breath. "These misfits won't mind me tagging along, so long as I don't piss off the quiet fire over there." He sat against the tree and continued with his blade, wondering what kind of festivities the night would bring, a vampire in the group must make for some entertaining nights for these others.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Circe felt she had made herself very vulnerable by telling the Argonian these things, but it payed off. "Okay. I'll do it." The words sunk in quick, she felt a huge wave of relief wash over her. "But, I do have conditions." He said, "here we go" she thought. "Firstly, I don't get treated like your slave." Circe was tempted to make a racist remark but thought she best not, he was after all putting some trust in her. It isn't very smart to trust a vampire but trusting one who can be trusted does pay off, she appreciated his trust deeply. This rule would surely be the easiest follow. "Secondly, you tell me where it is, so that I can help plan our breakaway from the group." She didn't know exactly where it was, it was somewhere in the Hjaalmarch or The Pale. She had her own burlap map with the holds outlined, and pin pointed it somewhere in the mountains splitting the two holds. "Thirdly, we definitely, unless we die, without a shadow of a doubt return to this group when it's done."Circe had doubts about this one, but decided she would return. The worst that could happen if she didn't like it she'd just have to ride it out for half a century to a century until they disband or die. "Lastly, we tell the group after we've finished." Circe thought about this, and had no difficulties with it. "This group is my life now, I'm not gonna lose it, I couldn't spend another second back on that stool in Whiterun."She thought at how boring his life must have been, sure some up sides but the same routine? She almost pitied him. "And by the way, I never did catch your name?" "Circe" She said. "I accept the terms and conditions" she joked, "It is somewhere in the mountains between Hjaalmarch and The Pale, so a little further away than I'd like but... It's the reason I came to Skyrim. I mean what'd you think I came here for, the weather?" She looked around nervously for a bit, "Thanks though.. It means a lot" After all this emotional opening up Circe had to make the evening more violent, she was hunting with Electricity and her sword, together they racked up quite a few kills. She'd occasionally pick a few ingredients too. She grew more and more nervous with every passing day, he may not be alive or he may, she'd soon see him... Or what he's become.

Kyzie

Keeper of the peace
    Wulf had taken it upon himself to guard Jt while Circe was away.

He was the only one Wulf trusted, he didn't trust the Dunmer, thinking he would try to burn them all in some freak pyromaniac explosion, he was worried that Gah-Jular might try poison the food, Circe because she was a vampire and might try to turn them all, and the newcomer, the Redguard who just showed up, Wulf had to be alert to them all not letting his defences down, all they would get from him was a stone cold soldier, only showing true emotion to people he trusts.

Wulf didn't know why he trusted Jt but there was something about him that just made him trustworthy, like he's the only one who wasn't going to stab Wulf in the back.

Wulf decided to go and ask Jt who was going to be on watch for tonight. He walked up to Jt's tent and made his prescence known, waiting for Jt to allow him to enter.

"Who is it?" Jt asked, "It's me Wulf, I was just wondering who is going to be on watch tonight?"

SonOfSkyrim91

Gah-Jular lead the vampire deeper into the woods on their hunt. The vampire, Circe as he had recently learned her to be called, hunted with lightning and a sword. The lightning often ruined the meat, but now that he knew everything he did not want to shout at her and ruin her trust in him. He managed to drop a few himself, so they would at least be able to eat tonight. They headed back to camp, a fair bit later than usual, and Gah-Jular had a lot on his mind.

Once they had returned to camp, Gah-Jular immediately set about preparing dinner. Although he knew it wasn't true, he liked to think that the group was somehow dependent on him for a good meal. It made him feel better about the fact that he was seemingly lacking in ability compared to the pyro, the legionnaire, the thousand year old vampire and the Redguard warrior. He knew Jt possessed obvious combat ability, but he was a little less out there compared to everyone else. He had been thinking about their travel so far. What were they going to do when they got to Markarth? When were they going to get to Markarth? This was their third night camping, and the Argonian was beginning to wonder if they were spending too much time camping and not enough travelling. He didn't voice his questions though, he did not want to draw attention to himself, or anger Jt.

Everyone else seemed to be enjoying the meal. Gah-Jular did not eat. He had forgotten to catch any fish for his own dinner whilst they were hunting, and now he was going to pay the price. He sneaked back to his tent whilst everyone was laughing around the fire, drinking and eating. He looked at his daggers, and how dull the blades were. He would have to sharpen them when they got to Markarth, whilst he was making the Imperial's armor. Gah-Jular was trying to sleep, but he just couldn't. He had a lot to think about. It was a lot of information to take in over a hunt. And he had a horrible feeling about falling asleep whilst Circe was on watch. He did not fully trust her yet, and did not want to risk having his blood taken from him.

Gah-Jular awoke in the middle of the night. "Must've dozed off," he uttered to himself. He was still hungry, so left his tent. Circe was there, but whether she noticed or not she didn't pay his exit any mind. He walked slowly out of camp, trying his best to make no noise. He thought he had succeeded. He crept down to a cool pool of water, maybe ten meters across and a few meters deep. He was too hungry, he couldn't help himself. He stripped and slid carefully into the water. It was cold, much like the other pool he had bathed in. There appeared to be plenty of fish. Not salmon, but there were still some fish. He ate a few, and kept the rest in case he forgot again tomorrow. He swam for hours, letting the cool water wrap itself around his body, washing Skyrim's filth from his scales. He hoped no-one had followed him, especially not the vampire. The water was his domain. However, he was not too sure. He laughed at the notion as he pulled himself out onto the bank to dry off.