Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Scapa

Lakeview Manor
Laelette (Asbjorn Firetamer's Diamond)
Alva (Amren's Gold Ruby Necklace)
Lokil (Skulvar Sable-Hilt's Gold and Emerald Circlet)

Honeyside
Umana
Sulla Trebantius

Spare Fishing Job Items
Meloran's Gol Ruby Necklace
Milore Ienth's Silver Jewelled Necklace
Mjoll the Lioness's Gold Necklace
Talen-Jei's Silver Necklace
Torsten Cruel-Sea's Silver Necklace

Escapees
Ghunzul
Rigel
Krev

Of the significant NPC thralls, the escapees are all of the named bandit chief variety. They are also the ones that have been stalking me. I think what is happening is that when one of their homes respawns, they would normally be replaced by a generic bandit chief. With a fishing job anchor on them though, the named body is not cleared so there are two bandit chief's competing for the same spot. I imagine Krev, for example, thinking "That Scapa is trying to replace me with this new bandit chief eh? Right, Ima kill that bitch!".

The only other escapee was an unammed afflicted who had been intended to serve as Orchendor's assistant.
So, it looks like the type of fishing job item doesn't matter but the type of NPC does.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
It really sucks that my newest necromancer is too 'good' to be apart of the thieves guild :confused:
but she still plays with dead bodies!

Adam Warlock

Hey I just wanted to post some observations I have taken about thralls Uesp has a places section that shows non-respawning areas and bounty letters are an unlimited anchor for thralls that allow them to stay put if they don't respawn( northwatch keep is my lair)
Also Lucien Lachance and the Sovangarde Heros are great shout using thralls
Steps to have them as a corpse
1 summon them
2 have them die by spawning conjure familiar or any conjure spell
3 as they preform the death animation fast travel somewhere nearby
4 return to the area
5 you now have 3 shout using thralls that are useful and can always be thralled and an assassin
Great info.

Tried this with Gormlaith and Hakon (both now anchored) and have 2 powerful heavy armor 1h warrior thralls(think Uthgerd) who don`t moan , retain their combat taunts , use dragon shouts , and have a spectral appearance ! (xbox)

Quick question : Can you loot and wear the Greybeard Robes from Felldir the Old ?

Scapa

It really sucks that my newest necromancer is too 'good' to be apart of the thieves guild :confused:

Oh, I've heard about your necromancer Irishman. She's the one that kills people, reanimates their corpses, stashes them in some lonely place and brings them out occasionally to test them in hazardous situations which usually lead to horrible returns to undeath. And that's 'good'? :eek:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Oh, I've heard about your necromancer Irishman. She's the one that kills people, reanimates their corpses, stashes them in some lonely place and brings them out occasionally to test them in hazardous situations which usually lead to horrible returns to undeath. And that's 'good'? :eek:

Ohhhh i know! She is just confused ok. Its so difficult to be perfectly moral in a world where evilness and naughty behaviour is not only accepted but rewarded:sadface:

at least she doesnt sneak through sleeping peoples houses or take items of value out of thier pockets :p

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I recently looked at the Uesp and the page for "anchors" seems the undergoing major change or deletion. Most of the items in the list are now deleted. Haven't played Skyrim or been on the forums much for a LONG while, but thought this was worth noting.

Staff member

Yes. Yes it is. She's a widely respected member of the necromancer communiy. Are you telling me you DON'T torture or test your thralls?!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I recently looked at the Uesp and the page for "anchors" seems the undergoing major change or deletion. Most of the items in the list are now deleted. Haven't played Skyrim or been on the forums much for a LONG while, but thought this was worth noting.

Thanks for that Gidian! It is indeed noteworthy, and with a bit of luck the page may get a bit of needed attention and perhaps relist the items with some more info.

Staff member
How do the bounty letter anchors and related unrespawners work? Are bounty letters anchors?

I did some testing Gormlaith and Hakon stay
Feldir seems to disappear an appear in different areas, I had a naked Feldir appear in whiterun
P.S you can have multiple of Gormlaith and Hakon, I have like 12 Gormlaiths at Ctk an I will be testing the Vaermina thralls
Mainly because the quest intrigues me
Update: Vaermina thralls are always battle ready

Scapa

Yes. Yes it is. She's a widely respected member of the necromancer communiy. Are you telling me you DON'T torture or test your thralls?!

Well Gidian, I don't so much set out to torture tralls but it amuses me to place them in scenarios which test their resolve. Captain Valmir is a case in point. He tried to trick me ... hopelessly. After his pathetic attempt at deception and inevitable demise, I added him to my pen. I improved his armour and his weapon ... the latter just a little. We had much fun together and Valmir pleased me with his aggressive battle shout. All good things come to an end though so he now rests with other sundry miscreants in one of my basements. It's too late for Valmir to understand this but I hope you will appreciate that everything I do is in the cause of advancing the science of Necromancy.

Adam Warlock

How do the bounty letter anchors and related unrespawners work? Are bounty letters anchors?
Some Bounty Letters(and Treasure Hunter`s Letters) do indeed work as anchors.
Sell them to a vendor first to see if they remain after an inventory reset.
When you retrieve the bounty letter , don`t drop it into the world or put in in a bookcase before placing it in your selected corpse.

I sell almost everything I pick up directly to my Dremora Merchant even if I end up dumping a lot of stuff for zero gold.
On occasion , certain random items survive his inventory respawns. These anchors can be practically anything including enchanted weapons , books/notes/letters , or even a Sabre Cat Pelt or a Basket !
A major exception are Silver weapons which remain with the merchant but do not anchor.
Once again , these items usually lose their permanency if not handled properly.

Adam Warlock

Random Ritual Stone fun .

Sneak into the back of Karthspire Camp and raise that dead Giant to wreck revenge on the Hagraven and her Forsworn horde.

Collect a number of powerful thrall bodies in an area where random dragon attacks occur and visit regularly . When the dragon shows up , invoke the Ritual Stone for a mob vs wyrm beat-down !
Cracked Tusk Keep as well as Dushnikh Yal are sites that have given me some spectacular battles.

Adam Warlock

Though they remain a rare find , the DLC and patches have not removed the occassional non-moaning mage from the game.
Always human males , they are radiant levels and located at established mage hide-outs.
Fortunately for me , my last visit to Fort Amol garnered a very powerful Breton Electromancer who is blissfully silent unless he`s taunting the enemy during battle.
Of course , as a respawner , I eventually had to let him go but while I had him he was a lot more fun to have around than the whining Marcurio for instance.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Sometimes Bandit Chiefs attack me after I thrall them. Normal?

Adam Warlock

Yes , if they are ones that are randomly encountered out in the wilds. Many NPC such as Vampires and Blood Horkers you find in this manner will likewise attack you , typically just after a loading screen.

The chiefs who operate as the boss of a bandit stronghold will not usually become aggressive toward you unless provoked in some way by collateral damage after you have thralled them.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

Yes , if they are ones that are randomly encountered out in the wilds. Many NPC such as Vampires and Blood Horkers you find in this manner will likewise attack you , typically just after a loading screen.

The chiefs who operate as the boss of a bandit stronghold will not usually become aggressive toward you unless provoked in some way by collateral damage after you have thralled them.

Ya, found a group on the north shore just west of the College battling a bear. It was on odd group. Two Bandit Chiefs and a highwayman. Both Chiefs were hostile immediately.

Gotta say, I am enjoying thralls quite a bit though I'm more of a run and gun thraller, not really caring if I lose anybody... however I can feel myself slowly immersing myself into some of the serious thrallness displayed in this thread. It really can make the game unpredictable which I love.

Thanks for the info.

Adam Warlock

Report on the Call of Valor shout and Necromancy.

As previously reported , fast-traveling away while the Sovngarde hero is in a dying animation will create a usable corpse.

No moaning , battle taunts in support of the Dragonborn , spectral appearance , and Dragon Shouts !

All 3 are Warrior 1H class (level 25) with medium level attributes in health and stamina.

Gormlaith is my favorite based on her good looks and the high quality Steel Plate armor she wears.
I tempered and enchanted that armor and took her on a very tough mission at Sunderstone Gorge to destroy a Nightmaster Vampire who was holed up with a group of Necromancers.
During the battle there , she was killed and then raised again by one of the mages with Dread Zombie spell ultimately leaving just her ash pile.
I removed her gear from the pile , created yet another Gormlaith corpse , and the new thrall equipped the old armor from the previous incarnation !
Very nice to have such a replaceable thrall.
She uses Unrelenting Force the most.

Hakon is same as Gormlaith except in appearance and the lesser quality Ancient Nord armor.
He also favors Unrelenting Force but both of them will use other shouts to some degree.
Disarm and Dismay definitely observed .

Felldir is the weakest because he wears no armor and doesn`t get the benefit of added enchantments .
Like members of the Thieves Guild , you can`t remove or replace his worn items.
He does use Frost Breath frequently however and is quite fun to watch in action.

Note: Placing a permanent/persistent item in inventory will prevent corpse from disappearing if you want to leave it somewhere for a while. Otherwise just remove and store their stuff until you are ready to recall them from Sovngarde

Adam Warlock

Haven`t posted recently due to rolling out a new character , Sonja.
Red-haired , blue-eyed , tan , and robust Breton Female.
Just reached lvl 21 with 78 Alchemy , 71 Enchanting , 46 Conjuration , and 40 Speech.
Thane of Falkreath , she has Rayya and Vigilance following while Lakeview Manor is under construction.
Primarily using conjured Atronachs and Bound Weapons until Conjuration gets high enough(65) to go to the College at Winterhold and pick up Conjure Dremora Lord.
A serious change of pace to have a character with no armor or melee skills but have only died once(Bandit Marauder and his mob)
Will report again once she`s able to cast Dead Thrall.

Best of all , she hasn`t talked to Alvor or gone to Dragonreach so there are NO DRAGONS !