Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Well , the necromancer`s game on PS4 {special edition ESV) is 99.9% the same as it was originally on xbox 360.
you can say the game is a little prettier , a bit easier to see details in the dark but the biggest and most noticable difference are the short loading screens. love em.
after years of play i no longer obsess over which NPC i can or can`t thrall and just let the game give what it`s going to give .

Well , the necromancer`s game on PS4 {special edition ESV) is 99.9% the same as it was originally on xbox 360.
you can say the game is a little prettier , a bit easier to see details in the dark but the biggest and most noticable difference are the short loading screens. love em.
after years of play i no longer obsess over which NPC i can or can`t thrall and just let the game give what it`s going to give .

I will try and do some mod testing with thralls and see what works. I would assume CUYC would work seeing as a member of the forum described a glitch with console commands and freezing npcs and leaving them working. Just have to wait and see. I am excited to find some methods for us PC users and potentially console users if the mods get ported over!
Necromancers never die!

Almost 5 years since I visited this thread last... Skyrim Special Edition made me so nostalgic for my necromantic tendencies. I haven't read 100% of the thread but I've read a lot but am still wondering if there was any way determined to prevent thrills leveling over the cap?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Almost 5 years since I visited this thread last... Skyrim Special Edition made me so nostalgic for my necromantic tendencies. I haven't read 100% of the thread but I've read a lot but am still wondering if there was any way determined to prevent thrills leveling over the cap?
Phenedrix has a mod that raises the cap to 200.

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
And we're back from the dead! I just rediscovered my old pb account along with all my thrall pictures. My necromancer's heart still beats. *badum badum*

By the way, it's been years or whatever; wanted to let everyone know, back in the day, I tried for weeks to recreate the circumstances that brought Captain Hargar and Jaree-Ra out of Broken Oar Grotto with my 32. Damn that so depressing...

It was also real sad to lose a couple of my bodies, including my Spellsword, on my 1 after a ten day absence (without a bloody save to revert to. GAH!) It was heartbreaking and still is when I think about it. One day I'll build a new 1 and go body collecting, dedicated to my lost Spellsword.

Attachments

• CaptainHargar.jpg
    CaptainHargar.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 5

Daelon DuLac

I love this thread. Me, I don't really care who I'm using. I just raise whomever or whatever I come across and go with that. Fortunately I'm modded so there really are no limits and I end up with a hord of, well, dead things, following me around. Fun on a bun.

HouseHosted

I can't do that. I get so attached to my bodies and have to keep them all. It comes with its own difficulties; like, trying to obtain enough anchors to support my treasures.

Gosh. Even the thought of reducing my thrall to a pile of ash is unbearable.

Daelon DuLac

I can't do that. I get so attached to my bodies and have to keep them all. It comes with its own difficulties; like, trying to obtain enough anchors to support my treasures.

Gosh. Even the thought of reducing my thrall to a pile of ash is unbearable.
I just use a mod that keeps their body intact and keep raising them. Of course I also have a habit of killing them if I find something better and just leaving their body laying about. I have so many bodies scattered about Skyrim!

HouseHosted

I just use a mod that keeps their body intact and keep raising them. Of course I also have a habit of killing them if I find something better and just leaving their body laying about. I have so many bodies scattered about Skyrim!

Ah, yea, mods sure do change the way everything behaves. That's for sure.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
So glad this thread is still going. Best discussions in the forum :D I mean who doesn't like to resurrect and use the dead to accomplish your own selfish goals...?

Daelon DuLac

Query: What is the point of bringing back Ulfric or Elenwyn or Tullius? Is it simply sadism? There are so many better things to bring back. I do it to trolls, vampires and mages all the time, but I've never had the desire for any of the big wigs. Thoughts?

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Did you just reanimate the thrall thread, bro?

I like to use generic NPCs form my thralls just because I don't want to deal with the anchoring.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Query: What is the point of bringing back Ulfric or Elenwyn or Tullius? Is it simply sadism? There are so many better things to bring back. I do it to trolls, vampires and mages all the time, but I've never had the desire for any of the big wigs. Thoughts?
I bring back Ulfric just to make him help me attack the Stormcloak camps. It's a total dick move.

Daelon DuLac

I bring back Ulfric just to make him help me attack the Stormcloak camps. It's a total dick move.
:b::b::b::b::b:

Adam Warlock

Current status : PS4 Skyrim SE with Dead Thrall overhaul that allows thralling of people , creatures , and undead with very few exceptions.
Wander the wilds with a Nightlord Vampire , Giant , Saber Cat , or Lurker as thralls that will last for a good while and not turn to ash.

Issues of permanency still same so save up those notes and letters , sell to your spouse or favorite vendor , and reacquire the ones that dont vanish from store inventory.
Currently have Red Eagle{anchored} and also 2 Deathlords(from the dragr pit in the 2nd Potema quest) that seem permanent without anchoring. pls note i have carefully avoided reigniting the Red Eagle quest line but i think Potema`s Catacombs doesn`t respawn.
Also have the Nightlord Vampire{a talker) who possessed Potema`s Key anchored with a Letter from a Friend and so far she is sticking as is an anchored Nightmaster{moans} who was the radiant objective of a Dawnguard quest to a non-vamp location.
Permanent Briarheart from that gold mine in the Reach.

Weird highlights so far-
Fastred { permanent corpse} was killed by a dragon in Ripten after she followed her boyfriend there.
i took her body to my cellar at Lakeview Manor wher she remained for many moons until one day I enter the home to discover her alive and heading back to work the streets in that city of sin.

Also a dragr was found same location different time but i suspect he was an unnamed respawn of one of the Galdursen brothers who had disappeared from storage after a futile attempt to anchor them past the end of their quest.

Last edited:

Skyrimosity

Yay, I went to Hob's Fall Cava and got a Master Necromancer and an Ascending Necromancer as thralls! Makes up for losing Sebastian Lort in some Lighthouse in the middle of nowhere.
All these years later, and conjuration with necromancy is still always my favorite way to play Skyrim

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts