Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Not modding lol, Legendary Edition for Xbox 360 - just means I'll get to try the DLC content.

PC Mods are not for me, my old pc HDD broke with a black screen on bootup, and I've not bothered with the fragility of Computers since. A brand new one, even if I customized it myself would be too big a hole in my wallet.

I prefer the simplicity of Consoles now over the constant tampering thats required for a Gaming PC, back when I had one there was always a new issue round the corner.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Has anyone got an idea as to why some thralls just drop dead on fast travel?

Its happened a few times I'm wondering whether its a bug or equipment related... or does it happen to you guys aswell - I'm always on the lookout to avoid Ulfric dropping dead, one of the reasons why I've stopped leveling up.

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Has anyone got an idea as to why some thralls just drop dead on fast travel?

Its happened a few times I'm wondering whether its a bug or equipment related... or does it happen to you guys aswell - I'm always on the lookout to avoid Ulfric dropping dead, one of the reasons why I've stopped leveling up.

There are only two scenarios where thralls will drop dead: 1. You have enthralled a corpse that was spawned in the game alive and scripted to die, and 2. A bug wherein a thrall erroneously has negative health. The former one only takes place with a certain few bodies: Bouncer (in pit wolf random event), Frofnir Trollsbane, certain generic bandit corpses (though few and far between), and others I cannot think of. The latter often happens when a thrall takes fall damage. When the body is resurrected it does not reanimate with full health and will simply fall dead after taking one point of damage. I have two solutions to this issue, and the first is far more convenient: When the body is inactive create a save and then reload it. Upon resurrection after the reloading of the fresh save the body will be reanimated with full health. The second option is to fast travel for at least six hours or so. When you've arrived punch the body so that it will fall dead and then reanimate. As long as it has been a sufficient fast travel the thrall should have its whole health bar working properly. Obviously there may be other ways of dealing with this; though, I haven't knowledge of them.

I might add fixing 'broken' spellswords or mage-warrior hybrids-- you know, when they stand still and don't move only casting spells when they have mana, can be achieved by the fresh save reload as well. It's so nice to bring them back to working order. It truly is.

edit: Also, there is the time when you've used a not so 'permanent' resurrection spell and then fast traveled to just the point when the body falls over next to you... That one is pretty rare though.

Last edited:

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I've been having some fun with Dawnguard, enjoying the new changes, Movarth Piquine no longer looks like van damme, instead his Dawnguard appearance looks like Voldermort!

So I'm kinda frustratingly pleased about that! If that makes sense lmao, I can revert to playing without dlc if I want to reminisce with the old version.

Some questions regarding Dawnguard

Is it possible to side with Dawnguard and get Vampire Lord form from say....Serana? Or is that a Lord Harkon thing only?

I actually would prefer Dawnguard side now, since Volikhar has a great selection of vampire potential thralls, the DeathHounds are visually epic but pale to huskys offered by Dawnguard side, and apparantly Hirable Armored Trolls in DG.

Created a brand NEW Orc ready for the new dlc, my main is kinda rushing through the dlc just to see what the changes are.

Warchief Gokrosh (Took a while to create that name) is going to be awesome, still some major skill faults with Prisoner my main, e.g not having Necromage, just a bummer to get restoration to 70 for 1 perk that puts a few notches on my thrall capabilities. Really adds to the overall level.

Another question;

Has anyone got Atherial Staff to work with a follower? As in they conjure the spider or sphere, I read a thread on here that even Cicero couldn't use it, so not high hopeful.

Comparing the Atherial rewards the Crown seems the most useful, though my Orc would love the Shield, the ethreal bash effect would almost be like him dismissing enemies as if to say, "You are not worthy enough to damage me!"

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Sorry, Harkin. I know absolutely nothing about Dawnguard.. er, I know snippets, but next to nothing about necromancy. I mean, I know about that thing that can exploit stone powers/effects, and there's that thing that does that stuff with the spider guy... hmmm... Yea, that's about it.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Anyone know if Lord Harkon (Dawnguard) can be Dead Thralled?

This would be epic but I've yet to fight him, just explored the Soul Cairn which was super cool.

I expect if he can be, it'd have to be before lvl 34 since he is x1.2 your level right?

Adam Warlock

Please note that a number of permanent corpses are "fixed" if you use the Unofficial Mod [Arondil for example} and will disappear like other corpses.
Be sure to have your permanent items to anchor the eligible thralls you wish to keep.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts