• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Geel-Kajin

"Hah, fairness? Why do you think you'd be asked to swear if the thing you're asked to do is fair?" Crow smiled dryly, studying the high elf. She was young, no doubt. Crow admired her bravery... But where could bravery take one in a world like this, where men relied upon lies to hold the swords of other men?

The commander bristled with warning, the red symbol upon his armor seemed to show his concealed frustration and anger. His face, however, showed nothing. Only if one looked deep into his eyes would they see the cold calculating fury, the ruthless nature within.

"I cannot tell you the details yet, but what I can say is that this is for the good of Whiterun. A good citizen of the hold would beg to do this job and serve the city which protects them. We have, after all, never taxed the Companions for staying within the city, shouldn't it be time one of you repays the kindness of Lord Balgruuf?"
    The commander walked a slow round as he spoke, each syllable seeming to be poison. The supple leather boots made no sound as he stepped on the stone floor, but the sword on his hip screamed of the dangerous person he was. You may be able to kill someone discreetly, but your blade tells me all I need to know. The armor he wore clinked slightly, like the chime of tiny bells. The sound seemed to soothe everyone in the room, as if persuading the elf to swear.

When he had completed his small circle, the commander stood back at attention, eyes alight like a cunning wolf. The commander's skin was the shade of coppery rust, tanned by the many hours of brutal fighting. His hair, normally hidden by the Imperial helmet, was slick and greasy. The black mane to below his shoulders, thick and heavy. A slightly smile played upon his thin lips, before adding on, " After all, Elf. Does it seem like you can refuse?"

The High elf may not have understood that, but Crow did. He turned his thin face around warily, and saw what it meant. The shadows of other people could be seen in the corridors beyond, visible by the light of the flames. Their dark shadows could be seen on every entrance and exit. If she refuses, the commander does not intend to let her go alive, he realized. Concentrating upon the darkness that made up the hidden figures, he saw that several of the silhouettes were crouching behind objects, as if waiting to surprise her if she walked off. They were as still as stone, easily mistakeable for the shadows of furniture or other items.

Let's see how wise you are, elf. Can you see past the pretense?

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    CHAPTER 11

"Hah, fairness? Why do you think you'd be asked to swear if the thing you're asked to do is fair?" The questions raised by the Dark Elf did nothing to soothe Acel's worries regarding the task she was being asked to perform. The commander did not seem pleased about her own questions, allowing only his eyes to show any hint of anger at her inquiry.

"I cannot tell you the details yet, but what I can say is that this is for the good of Whiterun. A good citizen of the hold would beg to do this job and serve the city which protects them. We have, after all, never taxed the Companions for staying within the city, shouldn't it be time one of you repays the kindness of Lord Balgruuf?"
    Acel frowned. The commander's statement not only stirred anger inside of her, but also confirmed that whatever she was being asked to do was not fair. I guess the Dark Elf was right. There's nothing noble or fair about this job. I still don't know why I'm the one being asked to partake in this though. If it's my skill in archery that landed me in this position, why didn't the council choose Aela over me?

"The Companions repay the Jarl's kindness through our actions and the assistance we provide to Whiterun." Acel thought briefly of a Giant that she had helped some of the other members take down just a few days ago near Pelagia's farm. She quickly brought her mind back to the matter at hand. It would not bode well for her to daydream right now.

A wry smile played on the commander's lips as he slowly walked in a small circle, the mail of his armor clinking gently. After he finished his circle, he brought his feet back together in the space he had previously occupied next to the Dark Elf. Although he couldn't have been much taller than Acel, he seemed to look down on her as he asked if she thought she could really refuse his offer.

The question took Acel by surprise, and she frowned slightly in confusion. She noticed the Dark Elf turning his head ever so slightly to look around, and the short hair on the back of her neck stood up. They had been watched this whole time, no doubt by men the commander had stationed throughout the hall. She could almost hear a bow being stretched to its limit by an archer hidden somewhere in the rafters, ready to fire if they received the order from the commander.

Acel clenched her fists, and almost immediately relaxed them as she sighed. She crossed her arms, once more unhappily focusing her steel-blue eyes on the commander. "It would seem that I cannot refuse your offer, commander." She put special emphasis on the last word, almost spitting it out like one would when they had a bad taste in their mouth. "I suppose I'll have to swear to the court, and the army as well."

Geel-Kajin

CHAPTER 12

The commander lips curled upwards slightly, and Crow swore for a moment he saw a spark of victory in the man's eyes. Now that he thought about it, Crow had the notion that the man looked like some grossly warped crocodile, masking his true agenda behind a seemingly genuine smile. However, deep beneath the man's facial expression, lay his true intentions. The cold, calculating thoughts of whatever plan he had hatched. And just like the crocodile's, it will not bode well for either of us.

"Now, in front of the court? My friend, we shouldn't really trouble the good nobles of Whiterun with this, should we? They have enough on their hands. Let us waste not time, when important matters await us. Follow me."

Turning on the spot, the man walked right of the hall, his heavy-soled boots clunking as he made his way down the few steps. As he did so, Crow noticed the darkness in the room beyond stir, rising from wherever it lay in ambush. The silhouette retreated, it's brooding shape disappearing into the space beyond. Crow breathed a sigh of relief, the immediate threat removed from this terrifying equation.

The commander led them into a rectangular room, it's long shape a good deal occupied by a map of Skyrim. It took up an entire table, the yellowed sheet of paper it was so accurately drawn on simply massive. The room was lit by guttering flames, the torches sending gritty smoke floating to the ceiling. Drenched by the flickering light, a sudden ominous feeling went through Crow, unsure of what was to come.

" Jarl Ravencrone. You've both heard of her, haven't you? The foul witch we takes residence of Morthal, giving unrest to the people of that town. She is a complication in this society....Don't you two think so too?"

Immediately, Crow understood what the commander meant. Ah, the "good nobles"of Whiterun shouldn't be troubled by something this big? Why, because you'd know they disagree!? He began to realize why they needed them to do it. They needed people who had no choice but to follow, people who did not reek of imperial stinks... No wonder they didn't kill me.

Instead of foolishly voicing his thoughts, however, Crow asked,"I have no idea what you're up to, but how do we profit, may I ask? What great temptation should lure us in?"

The commander's eyes returned to Crow, malice swirling within his two beady eyes. He smiled at Crow, but that made him look like the devil himself. "Why, Crow, don't you want your freedom? It's been a long time since you've been in the woods, hasn't it? Don't you want to hunt free again?

As for you, archer... I know what happens down in Jorrvaskr. I ain't as stupid as the rest of the town, you know. Now, imagine what happens if that secret was let out... A nightmare for you, I'd imagine." The commander tapped the pommel of his ugly sword, his face transformed to almost maddened proportions. "Oh wait, perhaps they themselves haven't even told you their secrets. No matter then... I'm sure gold would be a suitable attraction, especially in the generous amount I'd offer."

Crow felt disbelief going through him, numbing his body. This monster of a man...He wants us to eradicate one of his own kind! Though Ravencrone never said which side she was on, It was certain to all it was Imperial.

What are you expecting us to do?

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Acel couldn't contain the shiver that ran down her spine when she heard the word "friend" drip somewhat sarcastically out of the commander's mouth. She could only imagine what type of person (or creature) would consider the commander a friend, and was sure that any so-called friends of the commander were rotten, despicable creatures that shied away from daylight and dwelt in muck and sewage.

The thought continued to give Acel goosebumps as she and Crow were lead into a large room containing a grand, incredibly accurate map of Skyrim on an enormous table in the center of the room. It was yellowed from age, but the paper it was drawn on was still fairly thick, certainly able to hold up for at least another era.

As they came to a stop around the table, the commander spoke up. "Jarl Ravencrone. You've both heard of her, haven't you? The foul witch takes residence of Morthal, giving unrest to the people of that town. She is a complication in this society.... Don't you two think so too?"

For a brief moment, Acel was confused, looking at where Morthal was marked on the large map, frowning quizzically. What could she and the Dark Elf, two utterly different people, possibly do for the commander regarding Jark Ravencrone? Crow voiced similar concerns aloud, and the commander replied with a snide comment that failed to come across without sounding like blackmail. She was hardly listening until the commander turned his attention to her.

"As for you, archer..." Acel's head snapped up as her icy blue eyes fixed themselves on the man standing before her. "I know what happens down in Jorrvaskr. I ain't as stupid as the rest of the town, you know. Now, imagine what happens if that secret was let out... A nightmare for you, I'd imagine. Oh wait, perhaps they themselves haven't even told you their secrets. No matter then... I'm sure gold would be a suitable attraction, especially in the generous amount I'd offer."

If looks could kill, the commander would have died 3 or 4 times over by now. Acel's eyes were narrowed dangerously as she glared at the pathetic excuse for a military leader. Does he mean he knows about the Circle? Damn it, we've kept that a tightly guarded secret for years. How in the hell does he know about it? She sighed deeply, suddenly feeling very tired and wishing she hadn't forced herself to wake up for early training. Glancing over at Crow, she could see a look of worry on his face, presumably from wondering what secrets lay behind Jorrvaskr's thick wooden doors.

Crossing her arms curtly, Acel looked the commander dead in the eyes. "I'm not sure what you want us to do, but it doesn't seem we have any choice but to follow your orders." She spat the last word out, utterly repulsed by whatever he was going to have them carry out. She felt a bit of sympathy for the Dark Elf. The commander mentioned him having his freedom back, making her think he had been some kind of prisoner? But for what? He certainly looked the part. His appearance overall seemed more gaunt and pale than normal for Dark Elves, and his tattered clothes didn't help. Whatever had happened to him, the commander wanted him for a reason. And Acel assumed they would find out soon enough.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts