• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    It was the night of the first of Frostfall, 4E 222. Buffington (AKA Solknight) and his rebellion were preparing to leave Taneth in Hammerfell and head off to Black Marsh. All six of the current rebels, Sygun, Ashley, Ireth, Kalthar, Dar'Ja, and Solknight, were gathered around the stables. Solknight asked "Is everyone ready?"

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    Hands on her swords, Sygun looked around at crew surrounding her. She had been waiting for this moment for years, the chance to sock it to the Aldmeri Dominion. She was sick of worshiping Talos in her basement, surrounded by the dark and the fear of being brought to trial for practicing her beliefs. Everyone she knew was ready to just accept it and move on - but not Sygun, and fortunately for her, not the 5 people who had decided that enough was enough as well. A posse is always a good thing to have when going into battle.

"Oh, I am so ready Solknight. Let's do this!"

As soon as the words left her mouth, Sygun flushed a deep red. While the cherry of her cheeks did wonders to bring out the blue in her eyes, she sure looked as ridiculous as she felt. Sure, she was a touch on the overzealous side, but in instances like this, it can't be a bad thing, she figured. Once again, she looked around at everyone else, waiting for their reaction. It couldn't be too long coming.

D_A

"Sir I think I'm ready, I'll just make sure that I have everything." Dar'Ja checks his pack, makes sure he has his Imperial bow and his steel dagger. While he makes sure he has all the pieces of Leather Armour. Then Dar'Ja nods his head.

(Even though in my description it says that I wear a Belted tunic, pants and boot, we are in a small fighting force so this is not the case I kinda changed my character to make it more fitting to the story. I also said he never fought well thats not true any more either obviously becuase he is in this small fight force. My character is still mainly stealth.)

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley looked around the group. They were all armed to the teeth, ready to take on whatever came in front of them. "Hold on a second." She took the bag she kept on her back and dropped it on the ground. She opened the bag, revealing her weapons and helm. She took her sword and hung it by her side, took her bow and put it on her back with her arrows, and then finally, donned her helmet, completing her Stalhrim ensemble of armor and weapons. She then proceeded to crack her knuckles. "Ready Solknight. Let's do this."

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
    After taking a short rest, Ireth stands up and replies "Ready when you are". She's been dreaming of this moment for years, to finally have a chance at taking that damned Dominion down a notch. After making sure she had enough arrows and supplies, she nods at the group and readies her bow, eager to begin the trip.

Solknight laughed and said Don't get too excited. We're not charging straight into battle. This will be a long journey, but I'm sure we'll encounter some Thalmor on the roads."

"How about you, Kalthar?"

ElPwno

Kalthar looked at all of them. Closing his faceplate he said
    "Ready to go."
    He sighed and put his hand over his sword.
    "Long live the Empire."

Buffington loaded his crossbow and hopped onto his horse. "Everyone, get on your horses. It's off to Black Marsh."

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley mounted her horse. While she was mounting, a ring fell out of her back. Before it fell to the ground, Ashley grabbed it, nearly falling off her horse. "Strange." She said, observing the ring. "I didn't pack this ring. Alec." She said to herself.

(flashback. providing a little backstory.These characters won't appear again except for this flashback.)

Ashley had just finished gathering her stuff. She slung her bag on her back and was about to walk out the door when a voice called out to her. She turned around as her daughter, Mila ran into her, wrapping her arms around her, with her spouse Alec not far behind.

"Were you just gonna leave without saying goodbye?" Alec asked. He arms were crossed, and Ashley knew he was upset.

"Mama, please don't leave!" Mila cried with tears. Ashley crouched down and hugged her.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I have to go." She then walked over to Alec and kissed him on the cheek. "I promise, my love, I'll come back."

"You better." He said. He kissed her back, then hugged. "Because if you don't, I'll never forgive you." When she hugged him back, Alec slipped off his wedding ring and placed it in an open part of her bag.

(End flashback)

Ashley gripped the ring in her hand and put it towards her heart. "I swear I'll come back to you my loves. No matter what." She said to herself.

Buffington was curious of the ring that Ashley almost dropped. "Is that from back home? Doesn't look like anything that would come from around here."

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley looked at Buffington. She smiled, somewhat embarrassed. "Yeah. It's my husbands wedding ring. I guess he packed it in my bag to remind me of him. I didn't even notice it was there until, well just now."

ElPwno

"A wedding band. You're uh- married. Why would you come here then?" Kalthar felt like he was asking too much, but he knew what it was to grow without a mother. "Why?"

Buffington remembered his family back in Skyrim. I bring my wedding ring no matter where I go. It's all I have left to remind me of my family. I hope they're all okay. I wonder if Jon ever ran to Solitude to become a bard."

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    Sygun got nose-to-nose with her horse. She stroked her stallion's muzzle gently, looked into his eyes. "We're going now, Chestnut, it's time to take them down!" Chestnut nodded in agreement, and Sygun fed him a carrot. While he crunched away, she put her left foot in the stirrup and swiftly hopped into the saddle like a pro. While waiting for everyone to get together, she noticed Ashley looking distant. I wonder what that's all about she thought. Meh, must be nothing. Off to battle!

"Well, Kalthar, my wife and I both knew that I had to leave to stop the elves' dictatorship. She's still taking care of the kids."

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
    All this talk of spouses and home and family was making Sygun somewhat jealous. She was still a maid, no family to worry about her, no children to wave her off. Just an empty cabin in the tundra of Skyrim, ashes still in the fire pit. Fortunately, she had at least remembered to wash the dishes before she left, lest they fester in her absence.

But her curiosity killed her. "What's the second reason, Ashley?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts