Spoiler The Last Days...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Disclaimer: I do not won the rights to the Events, Lore, Character Names, or any of the material used form the Elder Scrolls Universe. Elder Scrolls and any of the following copyrighted material is owned by ZeniMax and Bethesda IP. THIS IS FAN FICTION. Thanks!
The Final Statement of
Emperor Titus Mede II
As Addressed By The Final Letter Delivered from Skyrim
To The Imperial Elder Council, My Heir, and The People of The Empire,
My reign is close at hand.
This decree will surely follow the news of my death, and while the Dark Brotherhood fulfilled their contract I do not wish vengeance on their Guild, for they are merely an instrument of something greater. May it be written that I accept my fate, and pray that the Divines see me worthy of Aetherius.
Many In Skyrim, In Hammerfell, In Cyrodiil and across Tamriel have seen my actions as failure. They deemed me a Traitor, and a Thief of their beliefs. Men, Mer, Khajiit and Argonians all in disarray, shedding each other's blood for decades in the face of a weakened Empire. To this I can say I am no Septim. Like Martin, Tiber, Reman, and Alessia, I can call myself Emperor, but I am no Dragonborn. Still I fought for my people.
The Concordat was signed, to stop the bloodshed of my people. To end the violence that claimed the lives of Men, women and children of all races. It was not my wish to cede South Hammerfell and to ban the worship of Talos. However while Hammerfell fought on, the Empire gave them the tools, and the weapons to endure. And while the Thalmor roam the lands in persecution, the Empire protects it's people. It saddens me to see brother fight brother in Skyrim, for the Empire is not whole without it's brethren in the North. It is my only hope that all people will remember the Battle of Red Ring, the reclaiming of the Imperial City from the Thalmor, and the loss of the good men and women who fight for freedom.
The Thalmor wish to prove their greatness through conquest and persecution, and while the Great War has concluded, the horizon bears a storm's shadow. But there is hope for our Empire. My passing only means to a new Chapter, as there is wind of a Dragonborn in this land. In my dreams I see the Dragonborn, I see the conquest of an old, ancient evil, and the formation of something greater than the conflict that has plagued our Empire. The slaying of a Dark Dragon, followed by the Triumph of a hero.
These are the last days of an Emperor. But the dawn of an Empire.
To the Elder Council, let it be known upon Arrival that Amaund Mortierre has been executed for his treason.
To My Heir, may you wield Goldbrand to victory in the impending battles.
And to the people of the Empire, may Talos guide you.
~Emperor Titus Mede II

Tosh Raka

it's shorter than I wanted but I was hoping to take an in game character that some of us might not like (if youre a stormcloak like ulfric haha) and shed some light on this character. I think the final mission of the Dark Brotherhood walking up to him before killing him i felt a sort of awe, as he accepted his death so valiantly. anyways. hope u guys like. and next piece of work will be longer for sure. :)

Docta Corvina

This is really beautiful, Tosh! You've captured that articulate, elegant style that I would imagine he would write in. It feels believable, like I'm really reading a letter from the game.

I'll be honest, this actually made me tear up a bit. :oops: I'm an Empire supporter myself and though I have not physically done the DB mission myself (I've watched it on Youtube), this really made it all the more haunting. I too appreciate the Emperor and believe in what he was trying to do. He was honorable in his last days, as he was through his long life. He had to make a heart-wrenching decision to save as many people as he could and I never like to see him derided for that.

Excellent, excellent work here! I can't wait to see what else you share with us! :)

Tosh Raka

thanks. I always figured Titus Mede to be a misunderstood character. And the way the game structured the player to sympathize with ulfric from the get go makes it harder to follow the imperial path. however, when u dig deep into lore, and find that Titus wasnt a coward it really makes you think...

Docta Corvina

thanks. I always figured Titus Mede to be a misunderstood character. And the way the game structured the player to sympathize with ulfric from the get go makes it harder to follow the imperial path. however, when u dig deep into lore, and find that Titus wasnt a coward it really makes you think...

I agree, I think Mede is misunderstood and severely underrated as a character - and I'd even go so far as to say that I think he's unfairly treated to excessively harsh criticism.

He's going to have a rather substantial part to play in my own story here, though the gravity of it may not come until further on. However he will be shown in another light. :)

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
I love this entirely, from the idea to the execution. I wish I could write so elegantly, but I always find it easier to write from a Nord's voice than an Imperial's. I have no idea why...

Tosh Raka

I love this entirely, from the idea to the execution. I wish I could write so elegantly, but I always find it easier to write from a Nord's voice than an Imperial's. I have no idea why...
As a Stormcloak supporter, I really like this.
Thanks guys, it's kinda meant for either side to see the character and understand him either way. it does leave a bit to interpretation.​
I'm planning to make this thread entirely smaller pieces like this, letters, or short poems, or small reflections of characters we dont know to much about. :D

Tosh Raka

oh and perhaps you like writing from the perspective of a nord due to their warrior/poet technique? they were renowned for writing an Edda for every great encounter from Dragons to Crowns and Battles. ;)

Tosh Raka

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Events, Lore, Character Names, or any of the material used form the Elder Scrolls Universe. Elder Scrolls and any of the following copyrighted material is owned by ZeniMax and Bethesda IP. THIS IS FAN FICTION. Thanks!

A Letter From Lydia

To Papa, Ma, Uncle Svaknir, and Little Orngir,
Today's my lucky day!
After all this time, training with that crazy elf Irileth, I will be appointed to serve the next Thane of Whiterun! I really can't wait. Although, I can only hope that this Thane will be a traveler, and roam the plains of Skyrim, like I've always wanted. Ma remembers all the times I would get lost in the forest, trying to catch a fox, or the occasional hare! You would worry sick that I had been eaten by a bear, until the day I actually killed one! And not to worry Papa, all the times we would spend countless hours training with that sword and shield Uncle made me that was two heavy... I can now say I have the strongest arm in Whiterun! Just the other day I had a brawl with Uthgerd, and let's just say, she's no longer the Unbroken! Maybe it was the mead talking but I was tired of her pushing me around since I came to Whiterun, so I showed her a thing or two. Even that bard Mikael didn't hit on me after that night! I left the Bannered Mare with a smile, as she looked on sour faced. She can sure hold a grudge!
I do miss you all dearly though. There's nights I find myself secretly crying on the Great Porch, wishing to see you all again. There isn't a day that goes by I pray to the Divines you're all safe, and you'll see a hefty cut of my wages if this courier proves trustworthy. Maybe now Papa can get that bull for the farm, and even a little sword for Orngir!
I am nervous now, but Balgruuf is a good Jarl. I'm sure he will make a good decision when the time comes. It's either that or join these companions, but I must say, Aela does smell a bit funny when I speak to her in the market. They must train a pack of dogs, because I always see her with a sack full of meat, and the odor of wet fur. Uncle should know, i'm not fond of hounds.
I pray for you all. Uncle, the armor fits snug, and thank you for taking off the shoulders, it's too heavy when I swing. Papa, please be careful, the Stormcloaks and the Empire are looking for anyone to fight, and you need to look after the family and the farm! Ma, keep the boys well fed, the fatter they are, the less crazy things they will do. And Orngir, you little rascal! Stay well behaved, because if you turn out like these snot nosed kids in the Jarls palace, I'll spank you myself! But if you're a good boy, i'll bring you something from a Dwarven Ruin like I promised.
Perhaps, if this Thane is an adventurer, I'll find myself visiting you soon. Keep me in your prayers.
With love,
And hope,
~Lydia
Also, send me some more of those herbs! My shoulders and back seem to have less pain now! Should heal well, unless this Thane wishes me to carry a whole wagonload!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Is the reference to not liking hounds based on Lydia's dialogue while in Breezehome with any of dog follower? (She says "Stupid dog!")

Tosh Raka

Is the reference to not liking hounds based on Lydia's dialogue while in Breezehome with any of dog follower? (She says "Stupid dog!")
Haha yes and I tried to tie that to her not joining the companions regardless of her being a strong nord woman ;)

Tosh Raka

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Events, Lore, Character Names, or any of the material used form the Elder Scrolls Universe. Elder Scrolls and any of the following copyrighted material is owned by ZeniMax and Bethesda IP. THIS IS FAN FICTION. Thanks
A Bedtime Prayer
For Children of Skyrim
Before I sleep, Divines I pray
The souls of dead, To keep at bay,
And If I pass, Before the Dawn
May Talos take me, In his arms,
I pray that goodness guides my heart,
And morning brings a loving start.

Tosh Raka

More awesome work, Tosh! :) You're a very talented writer and I'm glad to see more from you!

Thanks, I plan to really out together something large but these small snippets I was hoping if anyone wanted to use them they're more than welcome to!

Next two pieces that I plan on working might interest people, but I'm planning to recount the stories of the first vampire and first werewolves as per lore/daedric prince. Molag Bal is one bad ass, and Hircine is quite the stoic figure.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Thanks, I plan to really out together something large but these small snippets I was hoping if anyone wanted to use them they're more than welcome to!

Well, I do happen to have a small Nord child in my fanfic...

Tosh Raka

Well, I do happen to have a small Nord child in my fanfic...

Sure thing if you'd like to use whatever, feel free! Just credit me somewhere, beginning or end !

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts