The Lady Stone or Mage Stone for Vampire Lord?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Obviously the Lady Stone would partially counteract the effects the sun has during the day, but my current female dunmer that will be becoming a vampire lord soon mainly uses destruction spells, illusion, with oak/stone flesh, light armor, and one-handed skills. In the end is the Mage Stone really that needed for my current build at least early on? Or should I just go right for the Lady Stone?

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
I'd say go Mage stone when your magic skills are low levelled and once you have the spells and magicka pool you want go Lady for its perks. Of course since you have Dawnguard you could always have both if you really wanted to.

DestroyerDevourMaster

If you read the book "The Aetherium Wars" and do the quest you can create one of three unique items, one of them being an Aetherial Crown that will allow you to have two standing stone abilities at once. Granted you have to sacrifice a helmet slot to use it but seeing as how you use flesh spells I don't think the drop in armor rating would be that detrimental to you.

If you read the book "The Aetherium Wars" and do the quest you can create one of three unique items, one of them being an Aetherial Crown that will allow you to have two standing stone abilities at once. Granted you have to sacrifice a helmet slot to use it but seeing as how you use flesh spells I don't think the drop in armor rating would be that detrimental to you.

I might have to do that sometime than. Just for future references, what are the two other possible items?

DestroyerDevourMaster

There's a staff that allows you to summon a Dwarven Sphere or Spider for one minute (could potentially collapse into junk when summoned) and there's also a shield that turns the enemy ethereal when bashed for 15 seconds. They can't attack or be attacked during that time. The quest provides you with all the materials you need to make one of them so you don't need to go hunting for specific ingots and whatnot.

There's a staff that allows you to summon a Dwarven Sphere or Spider for one minute (could potentially collapse into junk when summoned) and there's also a shield that turns the enemy ethereal when bashed for 15 seconds. They can't attack or be attacked during that time. The quest provides you with all the materials you need to make one of them so you don't need to go hunting for specific ingots and whatnot.

I'll make the crown than. Thanks for the help.