The Game of Thrones thread! (Warning: Spoilers will be present!)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
I'm sorry? Did I say what that even means? No. I said a word that most don't understand except book-readers, who already know what it is.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Wow, now who's spoilering?
Stoneheart isn't a spoiler. You wouldn't know what Epic meant until you seen it, even a member of the cast referenced stoneheart.

That's like me talking about spiderman and saying "Bridge."
It's too ambiguous for anyone to know, unless they already do know.
But people who have read the books but haven't seen the episode yet are now spoiled that Stoneheart is not in it.

My point is, someone who has been aggressively vocal about keeping spoilers out of this thread just potentially spoiled people with that comment. Hypocrisy at its finest.

EpicVakarian

I'm struggling to see how that's a spoiler. That's like saying "Arya wasn't in episode 9 - spoiler alert".

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
I'd wouldn't say that this is a spoiler... It's like me saying Dany isn't in this episode.
It's like, yeah, alright? Not in it, damn.
That's a hypothetical scenario, not what's true (regarding the whole Dany thing).

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
This is a Game Of Thrones spoiler thread anyway.

EDIT: Also, book readers already know what happens so therefore nothing can be spoiled. They can only be informed.

Regarding things that happen in the books and show, not just the show. (Shoutout to the big wtf bomb earlier this season)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I'm struggling to see how that's a spoiler. That's like saying "Arya wasn't in episode 9 - spoiler alert".
I'd wouldn't say that this is a spoiler... It's like me saying Dany isn't in this episode.
It's like, yeah, alright? Not in it, damn.
That's a hypothetical scenario, not what's true (regarding the whole Dany thing).
Arya and Daenerys may or may not be in any episode, and whether or not they are should not be surprising. On the other hand, Stoneheart is a huge and shocking twist that book readers have been looking forward to seeing this season, and many expected to see at the end of the finale. Revealing that she didn't show up is a spoiler.

I honestly don't care about spoilers in this thread, seeing that the title clearly warns that there may be spoilers. Even if it didn't, if someone willingly joins a conversation about a series they aren't caught up on and gets spoiled, it's their own fault, as far as I'm concerned.

But if you are going to hold such a rigid policy against spoilers, and expect everyone else to comply, going so far as to jump in with your lectures the second the new episode is even mentioned, then you shouldn't be giving away anything that has or hasn't happened. If you want us to follow your rules, the least you could do is follow them yourself.

EpicVakarian

Expect everyone else to comply? Hmm. Rules? Huh. I can't remember ever specifically saying "here are my rules, obey them". I told you all that some people might be watching the thread and getting alerts, so coming in to look and finding that people are talking about it. I never said "don't talk about it". I said that Americans get it a day before the Brits, etc, so a lot of people won't have had an opportunity to see the episode. Hence, wait to talk about the episode until after it's aired for everyone. After that, it's on them if it gets spoiled for them.
If someone willingly joins a conversation about a series they aren't caught up on and gets spoiled, it's their own fault, as far as I'm concerned.
You're missing the point here. People join the conversation, then are still watching the thread when the next episode airs in America. Do you expect that people will un-watch the thread every week, then re-watch it after each episode? Really?

And involving the Stoneheart thing, I've spoken to many friends about it today. Telling them she didn't show up, not one of them complained that I'd spoiled it for them. Stoneheart will still be there in the end, whether its season 4 or season 5. Doesn't really matter which.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Alright, cut the crap. Once again, I'll notice that this is about the show, please keep the info beyond the newest episode away.

In my view, if you watched the newest episode, you're free to talk here, about said episode and those before. If you didn't watch the last one and come in here, you'll be spoiled. And that will be your own fault. I keep away from this thread until after I've seen the newest episode.

Please keep this thread as a discussion about CURRENT happenings, and not about what is and what isn't a spoiler. Just limit yourself to the newest episode, please.

Thanks for your cooperation.

With that being said:

What an episode, Tyrion's revenge is epic. I also like the fact how Arya is now making an exit on her own. Woohoo!!

EpicVakarian

I'm sure a lot of bookreaders were tearing their hair out a little when Tyrion and Jaime said goodbye? Jaime was supposed to tell Tyrion the truth about Tysha, but he didn't. But the last bit with Arya was good, though I wasn't expecting that to be the last scene. I realised the implications just before she reached the docks; in my head, it was "holy plops, of course the last line of the season will have to be Valar Morghulis."

EpicVakarian

Yeah, to be fair, it did work well. I also loved the music that played as Arya sailed off to Braavos - Ramin Djawadi is just great. And Shae's death was done well, as was Tywin's. I can't remember; in the books, did Varys get on the ship with Tyrion or did he just vanish? Because I seem to remember he just vanished... >_> <_<

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
I thought he 'vanished'...
It'd make sense for him to board the ship, if he did, though.
Also, even in the books, I strongly disliked Arya's actions regarding the hound. He protected and looked after her so long, he even looked after her sister to a degree. Why can she not get over one life that he really had no choice in killing?

I don't dislike her though... Just. UGH.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I just found out more about the season 5 cast

• Prince Doran Martell – Doran is described as the major new player this year, appearing in multiple episodes. The fiftysomething prince uses a wheelchair, is reclusive and rules wisely. It appears the show is looking to continue the trend it started with Pedro Pascal, and cast Latino actors for the Martell clan.
  • Prince Trystane Martell – Trystane, the handsome fiance of Princess Myrcella, is being aged up to 18.
  • Areo Hotah - Doran’s personal bodyguard will appear throughout the season, assisting the prince with his duties. The show is particularly looking for a black actor to fill the role
  • Obara Sand – The eldest and most athletic Sand Snake will be having a major fight scene with a series regular character- not one who crosses her path in the books. This is an interesting change.
    • Nymeria Sand – Nymeria is described as “mixed race,” with her father being the fairer Oberyn and her mother being darker skinned. The second oldest of these Sand Snakes, she’s beautiful, emotional and very strong.
    • Tyene Sand - The youngest of the Sand Snakes that we meet uses her wits and seductive powers, and is less of a physical fighter than the other Sand Snakes. She is just as deadly as her sisters, however, but her weapon is poison.
  • High Sparrow - The books’ pious head of a religious movement will be appearing in several episodes in season 5.
    • Septa Unella – The show is looking for a character actress to play the imposing and unrelenting septa who spends a lot of time with a major series character next year.
    • Maggy the Frog- A fortune teller in A Feast for Crows, she’ll be in one episode next year.
    • Lollys Stokeworth – Just last week in “Mockingbird,” Bronn announced his intention to marry Lollys, whom Tyrion considers “dimwitted.” It looks like the sellsword will still be around next year.
    • Yezzan - A sleazy Meereenese slave owner.
    • The Waif – The strange child from the books that Arya encounters will likely be played by an older actress, one in her later teens, and we understand the show is specifically looking for a woman of East Asian descent for the part.

I was expecting a cliffhanger in this episode, but once again, no cliffhanger.
I see there is a trend going on in this show,
Super cool/Major plot twist happens in episode 8 and/or 9 and a not-so-cliffhangery episode 10

Some epic moments in this episode.
Jon and the King beyond the wall drink.
Stannis saving Jon's cold ass.
Dany's touching dragon scene.
The Hound vs Brienne! (How did Brienne survive all those punches are beyond me. I mean this guy cut a guy in half at Blackwater and even ripped the guys [who tried to rape Sansa] intestines out. AND HE'S THE BLOODY HOUND! THE MOUNTAIN'S BROTHER!)
The bastard mountain is poisoned. Serves him right. I knew there was something fishy about the squire who was cleaning the spear.
The old asshole Lord Ty is dead! Epic scene right there. (I read on the wiki that his death is way more disgusting in the books.)
And Arya going VALAR MORGHULIS!

EpicVakarian

Hound vs Brienne didn't happen in the books; the Hound died from that wound he got on his shoulder. I did like that scene though. And finally, we got the scene with Stannis arriving to save the North :D Yeah, Tywin's death gets more gruesome in the books, but not in the way you'd expect.

sticky runes

Did you see Meera taking out the skeleton with the axe? Awesome. I wish they had saved all that scene 'til last.

And I did love the little moment between Brienne and Arya talking about their swords and tomboyism, shame it all had to turn to sh!t afterwards.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I liked the finale. I read this book ages ago so some things were still a little surprising to me. I loved Stannis's army flanking the wildlings from both sides.. brilliant.

Dany chaining up her baby's was sad :sadface:

Disappointed Coldhands was not put into the show.

I liked the fight between Brienne and the Hound (even though it wasn't in the books)

Loved Hubby's reaction when he realised that Tyrion was going to kill his father.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I hated Stannis's arrival. The Wildlings just want safe passage to the other side of the wall to be safe.

I kinda liked it, I was genuinely wondering who it was. I do wonder about how Jon and Melissandre are connected. There was something why they showed them eyeballing eachother through the smoke.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts