• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
((So, after playing through Dawnguard in Skyrim, I noticed something. The ghosts or souls or whatever... they talk about Elsweyr quite a bit. It is ridiculous that they would talk about Elsweyr. All of them.

Then it dawned on me. In Morrowind (Bloodmoon to be specific) there was this warlock and he had only one friend. This skull that talks to him. Something the White, I believe? Don't remember, but it tells you the future. By future, it hints at the main storyline for Bloodmoon. If you already did Hircine's Hunt before picking up the quest, it told you something else. Something about closing shut... the marble gates of oblivion. In Oblivion, it didn't say marble, but it did in Bloodmoon.

It plainly hinted the next sequel. Is it possible that Dawnguard is hinting that Elsweyr will be the next ES game (after online, of course)? Liberate Elsweyr from the Thalmor... help the Empire fight the second great war... Discover what happened with the moons. Get swallowed by sand.

All is possible in Elsweyr. Such a strange and mysterious place...

What do you think?))

AS88

Staff member
Until Bethesda tells us, I have literally no idea.

Nice ideas, though!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Actually Skyrim is most likely the final ES Game as it is placed in a period known as the end times written in the elderscrolls themselves, and the series is not young, Arena came out about 20 years ago with exception of elder scrolls online made by Zenimax and not Bethesda because do you really think Bethesda would allow zenimax to create a game which consisted of all of Tamriel if skyrim were not the last and besides look at what you do in skyrim their is no way to explain if either the emporer were assinated or the dark brotherhood destroyed or do Vampires control the world or did the dawnguard wipe them out? or does the empire control skyrim or do the stormcloaks? or do the blades exist or does the dragonborn tell them to get lost these choices were given to you because Skyrim is most lickly the last in the series and besides the first time I ever heared about skyrim was the same day it said it was the final chapter in the main storyline and besides another game would force Bethesda to have to copy zenimax version of each country and I don't think they would do It. 1 more thing their are no other countries big enough or significant enough and black marsh is mainly a swamp and hammerfell is mainly an open desert - if you want to explore all of tamriel then you should get online when it comes out or play ARENA - or wait until the Beyond Skyrim mod is finished in 2014 which is supposed to consist of all the countries of tamriel with NPCs and voice dialoge and quests - Skyrim has the potential to last for well over a decade and maybe longer as mods are getting better and the game keeps improving, look at morrowind people still play that and mod it and it came out 11 years ago, HAHAHAHAHAHA, you people seem so sad,
Also their would most lickly be no dragons and no Thu'um, Also Considering the Rareness of Vampire Lords and the fact that all vampire lords that ever lived could be counted on both hands
and most of them are dead, their would be none of them either, and if you happen to notice the whole series focuses around the Dragonborn, Morrowind (You were sent by the Dragonborn to Vvardenfell)(Oblivion you are martin the Dragonborns Assistant)(Skyrim you are the Dragonborn)
A Dragonborn known as the Last Dragonborn, Skyrim was the Last of all of Tamriels Large Significant Countries, And another game would have to copy off the Online map and for all of you you like elsweyr so much, do know that that country is half skyrims size and so is valenwood and Alinor, Black Marsh is a half submerged swamp, Hammerfell is mainly desert and was already a part of arena, orsinium is no Bigger then a city and Any other continent would be to alien and strange, for one their are no elves in akavir, or argonians or khajiit and the humans of that land died off to, Face it skyrim most lickly the last, I know how you like it and the series but it is almost 20 years old and what happened in skyrim can not be explained in lore

As much as I'd like to see the series continue the post above mine has some good points, we might not even get a sequel. If we do though I'd like to see it happen in Elsweyr or Valenwood.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Thank god for money is all I can say. tx12001 raises some good points but I cannot believe that Skyrim is the end. ESO will be massive and so many new characters will no doubt be introduced to us. These new characters have the potential to spawn spin off games set in different times or whatever, point is the money will pour in from ESO and us the Elder Scrolls community will always want more. We're not talking some cheesy horror movie franchise with too many sequels, this is Elder Scrolls! Perhaps once every province has been done then I'll worry but until then I'll dream of ESO and ES6 beyond that. Who puts a bullet in the cash cow nowadays?

original_funk

Iron is coming
As long as the name Elder Scrolls gets Bethesda money and builds their brand, why would they stop at Skyrim? It was one of the most successful games they've ever made.

I get that it is set in end times and maybe that's the furthest into time that it will go. And with TESO coming out being set 1000 years before the events of Skyrim, perhaps Elder Scrolls VI will be set in that time-line instead.

Remember that Skyrim wasn't just a great money maker for Bethesda but it has built their brand tremendously

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Isn't it always the end times in an Elder Scroll game? The End times will be saved again by the Imga and they will be a race in the next ES game.))

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts