• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

I really hope they make destruction magic more powerful with skill increases, like 1H and 2H skills.

I want a larger variety of enemies. Everything else is fine if it's Skyrim standard. Just let me have a larger variety of enemies to kill, seriously. Just look at The Witcher 3 for example. Even if you've fought every species of monster there is, as you level up, their appearance and some characteristics change, so you feel like you're fighting a different monster altogether. BRING THAT TO TES6! KROSIS COMMANDS THEE!

Oh, and a spell crafting system would also be a really good idea IMO.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Some additional thoughts I've come up with.

Variation in weapon and armor appearance: Why does every steel sword have to look the same? There should be a huge variety, and even price variations within steel swords for example. There could be a lower tier, cheaper steel sword, and higher tiers that look different. Add overlap in damage too, so that an exquisitely crafted iron sword might be just a bit better and more expensive than a cheaply made steel sword, and so on.

Also, how about some fat people? Why do all the men have to be ripped? I mean, being ripped and muscular is great... until you realize it's normal! How about some skinny guys with no muscle tone whatsoever? What about women who don't resemble models when unclothed? How about a shorter than average Nord, or a taller than average Bosmer?

Variation in creatures as well. Sometimes you might encounter a bear who's barely out of the cub phase, or rarely, a bear that's so fierce it topples powerful warriors. This, instead of every bear being identical.

To sum it up- more variation. :beermug:

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
Like @Kohlar the Unkilled said, variation. And on the note of animal variants - what about more animals in the wild in general? Not everywhere to the point that you can't walk a trail with a sheathed sword until you clear an area (oh, and definitely have animals re-spawn more), but definitely more than was in Skyrim. More like Morrowind, I guess. The number of creatures/enemies that outclassed me was high - and I loved it. But, conversely, there were plenty of low-level creatures I could deal with that let me figure out how to play the game, and gain experience points to boot. And with the increase in creatures/animals/random encounters, there should be more fighting amongst the NPCs. Wolves chasing deer, bears duking it out, etc., etc..

Oh, and bandits should act like bandits. Roam around, get drunk (yet another thing that should be added - alcoholic inebriation), attack civilians they find on the road, and most importantly - occasionally fight each other. There should be arguments sometimes, and rarely, ones that cause them to get into a fist fight (or even a fight to the death). It could serve as an occasional distraction, and the PC could slip into a bandit fortress while everyone is cheering/goading the fighters.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but add named NPCs. Even if they have to recycle names, they could come up with thousands of names that we see. It would let the bandits trick us more often, and it would even make it a bit harder for some people to slaughter a whole fortress of bandits when they see that all of these characters have their own name, and have human interactions (Again! Add this too! There should be more and more realistic interaction among NPCs!) with each other. Plus, that would open up more interactions for the player to make. From realistic conversation (not just "Give me quest. I done. Pay me. Bye.") to arguments, which could even develop grudges (take something from Shadow of Mordor, I guess? That would be cool.), and even sexual intercourse. Obviously there'd be no graphic scenes, but they did it in FO:NV. It could be used to further develop relationships (or destroy them, if you had a spouse and you cheated on them). Hell, you could turn it into a business - pimping your own character or NPCs you had control over.

Final thing - like I said, add business. Make banks, let PCs open shops and run them (there could be a menu that enables you to decide how realistic you want it to be. From budgeting and cleaning and purchasing goods yourself, to an autonomous machine that just makes you money), make it so you can create an empire of your own. And, of course, make enemies of your rival companies. Like Fable's system, only way better. Ya know?

Anyways, that's all I have for today.

Cydramech

The only thing that cannot just be modded in: a decent, mod-friendly engine that can actually handle diversity & variation. Everything else the community has proven better and more capable of handling at the end of the day, so it's useless to try competing with them.

Latest posts