Spoiler The Dark Brotherhood is pathetic

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
where is the abandoned shack? the only way to encounter astrid is to kill the old hag at the orphanage thus "joining" the dark brotherhood... i'm confused.

When you wake up in front of Astrid you are in the abandoned shack. Kill her. That will start the quest.

ShangTsung

When you wake up in front of Astrid you are in the abandoned shack. Kill her. That will start the quest.
oh plops! you can kill her there??? omg i never knew that! i just assumed if i attacked her there nothing would happen! lol oh its on now! thanks for the info bro! :cool:

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
yea only thing is i don't wanna kill the vampire girl, *can't remember her name* she is so cool.. is there a way u can spare one of them?
When you do the quest to destroy the dark brotherhood, I can't remember her being there, so I think she is spared anyway. :p

sticky runes

I was more disappointed when i actually joined the Dark Brotherhood. Astrid went from being an interesting character, to a total dick who gets most of her underlings killed off (they were all much cooler than her) and when you become leader of the new sanctuary, the NPC followers don't even have names, they are just "Innitiates". I do like the money I made from those quests, though.

MyNameIsJon

I did feel the DB was a little weak but its not like other NPCs in guild do anything either (well except for the companions).

When you kill the old nag at the orphanage, they "know". However, when you walk through the front door of their lair after killing their leader, they don't "know". Weak. :/

Hannah

Dark Brotherhood on a 'good' character I'd slaughter them all they have no retribution they are assassins born killers. Thieves Guild? I leave them alone. They're in bad shape to begin with. You essentially killed a bunch of broke thieves. Grats. Why not kill the companions? They're organized killers. Werewolves no less. Why not the Mages guild. They practice necromancy and summoning daedra, as well as dangerous magic like destruction and manipulating spells like illusion. Defying the laws of nature and even the gods with alteration, and death itself with restoration spells.

You destroyed the Brotherhood? You missed out on an amazing questline, bro.

Also, how the hell did you destroy the Guild?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I remember the shack time with that woman, was right after I did that drunk quest for the staff I had killed that lady for the boy but never slept so right after I did the quest for the staff I decided to sleep...woke up in a bloody shack with some random and I'm there like "Oh not again"

sticky runes

When you kill the old nag at the orphanage, they "know". However, when you walk through the front door of their lair after killing their leader, they don't "know". Weak. :/

Well, Grelod the Kind was more well known than Astrid. Don't forget that the dark brotherhood went on rumours for their jobs, and practically everyone in Skyrim knew who the old lady was who ran the orphanage and her death would have been big news, but not many would have known about the leader of a secretive band of assassins that may or may not exist.

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
I'd have to agree with you there, destroyed the DB on one of my playthroughs and was really dissapointed. They were All Separately spread out. So basically, everyone can get one-shotted, even on master! Totally agree they at Least should have had Cicero jump outta shadows once you thought you killed everyone for a nice lil suprise end battle but nope, insert DB member in wide empty space givin you total advantage. LAME

MyNameIsJon

Thieves Guild? I leave them alone. They're in bad shape to begin with. You essentially killed a bunch of broke thieves.

It doesn't matter if they're broke or not. They're thieves. Their sense of pride comes from the fact that they steal, strongarm, and extort money from people. They don't do it once, they do it multiple times to the same citizens. They think that part of other peoples income belongs to them. Kind of like democrats.

I tell you what. Go into the seediest part of your city and get taken advantage of. See how it feels.

Why not kill the companions? They're organized killers. Werewolves no less.

The companions fight for good. Yes, they killed off Silver Hand, but only because Silver Hand was hunting them. Companion contracts mainly deal with helping people. If you're going to say the Companions are evil, you may as well say all of Whiterun is evil.

I realize this is a role playing game. Everyone is different. This is just how I role-play it.

mamali

anyway , Jon , you made a big mistake by destroying DB . if you can , please load the game again and start doing DB's amazing quest line , thives guild quests are even better .
don't try to be a good guy :p

Gowsh

Old Fart
The next time you rest in a bed after reducing the orphanage population, you wake up in the shack, confronted by Astrid.

Then you have a couple of choices to make.

sticky runes

Um. LOL

Heh. Is there any other way to fight them? I wish they would have all been in a room together. That would have been a lot better. Essentially, it was a small dungeon with 5 bandits scattered around. It was anti-climactic, but maybe that's how it was intended. Oh well, I just thought maybe someone around here would share the same opinion about the quest, but I guess I was very wrong.

I'm sure you could have just lured them all into the same space and then fight them all at once, but that probably wouldn't have been very climactic either. Making them aware of your presence and then getting them to chase you until you could face them all at once.