PC The Complete Elder Scrolls Comes to PC this September

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The Complete Elder Scrolls Comes to PC this September

Link to the original Bethesda Blog article above. Reproduced text below.

tes_anthology_compilation-1024x729.jpg

Exciting news today for Elder Scrolls fans. On September 10th (and September 13th in Europe), we’ll be releasing The Elder Scrolls Anthology on PC. This premium box set (shown above) includes all five main games from the series – Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim – as well all the official add-ons and expansions for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.
To help you explore the expansive world of Tamriel, the Anthology also features a set of five physical maps detailing the lands of Tamriel, Iliac Bay, Morrowind, Cyrodiil and Skyrim.
In case you haven’t been with us since 1994, here’s a recap of all five titles that will be included in the $79.99 package (€59.99 / £49.99 / $89.99AUD)

Arena – Assume the role of a lone prisoner and travel to Tamriel’s most famous and dangerous sites to collect the shattered Staff of Chaos and save the Empire from the evil Imperial battlemage, Jagar Tharn. The Anthology features the original version of Arena and will launch within a DOS emulator.​
Daggerfall – The ancient golem Numidium, a powerful weapon once used to unify Tamriel has once again been unearthed. In the power struggle that follows, the King of Daggerfall is murdered and his vengeful spirit haunts the kingdom. The Emperor Uriel Septim VII sends you on a heroic path to put the king’s spirit to rest and ensure that the golem does not fall into the wrong hands. The Anthology features the original version of Daggerfall and will launch within a DOS emulator.​
Morrowind – To fulfill an ancient prophecy, the Emperor sends you, an unknown Imperial courier, to the island of Vvardenfell to rid the land of Morrowind of a dark curse. Through a series of dangerous and magical quests, you are transformed into one of the Empire’s most enduring heroes. Also includes: Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons, plus The Elder Scrolls Construction Set.​
Oblivion – With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. In the shadow of evil, a hero will rise from the ashes of a fallen Empire. You must find the true heir of the Septim line and restore him to the Imperial throne, while unraveling the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel. Also includes: Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansions.​
Skyrim – Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons. Also includes: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn add-ons.​

Wanna see more? Check out our slideshow below featuring additional images from the collection.

3VONdoPs.jpg
4puCdU1s.jpg
Ls3Ru2us.jpg
X56kcE5s.jpg
MJCGivqs.jpg

AS88

Staff member
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Well now I have no excuse for only having played Skyrim. Just need a PC!

Ivory

Let's Player
Well damn. Now I almost regret getting morrowind, oblivion and skyrim via the steam summer sale.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Damn I'm going have to preorder this soon :) never really played the other games besides oblivion... but having the whole collection, it will rise my fanboy skills to over 9000 by getting this x.x lol

Ysmir

The Dragon of The North
Loved Daggerfall! Can't wait for this now

SaveVsBedWet

So then they're all remastered or something or are we going to have to still run DOSBox to play the first two?

Not that this will stop me.

Brem

I'll have to pick this up when I can, this looks impressive. I wish it was for consoles as well, but hey, I'll get what I can and I don't mind playing this on PC. Thanks for sharing by the way. :)

BlueTiger

Nice, I'll have to play some of these! :)

I recently upgraded my PC for gaming, so I hope they've allowed a lot of room for adjustment so you can turn the graphics and draw distance right up to get the most out of your PC.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
There is no way to know, but I wonder if this means that we've seen the End of the Elder Scrolls games and there won't be another made.

NachyoChez

There is no way to know, but I wonder if this means that we've seen the End of the Elder Scrolls games and there won't be another made.
TESO comes out in less than a year (scheduled, anyway).

I doubt, very heavily, that Bethesda would let the franchise down now. The Anthology was because ONE story of Tamriel has completed (The Elder Scrolls spoke of all the events from Arena to Skyrim), but they can still go back to previous eras and let you play through (help Tiber Septim along, anyone?) or begin an entirely new storyline that'll take over a decade to tell. Who knows!

FushRoDahhh

Picking up as soon as I can. I've been meaning to build my collection up and this will make that much more easier, may be a bit expensive, but that's gaming for you. I'm so happy they included many of the games I have yet to play. :D

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
TESO comes out in less than a year (scheduled, anyway).

I doubt, very heavily, that Bethesda would let the franchise down now. The Anthology was because ONE story of Tamriel has completed (The Elder Scrolls spoke of all the events from Arena to Skyrim), but they can still go back to previous eras and let you play through (help Tiber Septim along, anyone?) or begin an entirely new storyline that'll take over a decade to tell. Who knows!

I wasn't talking about The Elder Scrolls Online MMO, I meant more in the Series.

Honestly, If they did just Quit the series, they should have gone ahead and made the Elder Scrolls online to take place after Skryim, instead of Retconing all the history just to have an Online game set in the past.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
This is definitely one game/set I have to get. It is outrageous how little it costs; hopefully it will be the same when I get some extra cash. lol

Auldjohn

Auldjohn, Champion of Zenithar

Not a chance! We're waiting for the release of The Elder Scrolls On-line then come the MODs, DLC, and who can guess what the successor to ESO will be?

Attachments

• 3ojzc.gif
    3ojzc.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 9

utael

Just so you understand eso is only using the elderscrolls franchise. This is not being made by bethesda. This is just an mmo bandwagon to a series that fits the fantasy mmo. If they could do it with fallout they would have.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

Not a chance! We're waiting for the release of The Elder Scrolls On-line then come the MODs, DLC, and who can guess what the successor to ESO will be?
Elder scrolls Onlne is an MMO modding it would be impossible because of that and I heared the DLC for it is the reason you pay a Subription fee so you don't have to buy it

NachyoChez

Just so you understand eso is only using the elderscrolls franchise. This is not being made by bethesda. This is just an mmo bandwagon to a series that fits the fantasy mmo. If they could do it with fallout they would have.
Only partially true.

ESO is a collaboration between Zenimax (who are more adept at making MMO-style games) and Bethesda, and both have had a heavy hand in its creation. It shows too; every reviewer and play tester has basically said it plays like Skyrim but with friends. It's even breaking away from several traditional MMO standards in order to create a truer 'Elder Scrolls' experience.

As for Fallout, Bethesda tried to get to rights to do the Fallout MMO because the fans asked them to do it. They've done better at adapting the franchise to modern audiences than the original owners, but the courts ruled against them. Thus why no one ever talks about the impending Fallout MMO!

ThorEl

Does anyone honestly feel that the games pre-Morrowind are worth playing? Even pre-Oblivion? Surely Morrowind and earlier are very dated at this point, perhaps to the point that they're not even enjoyable? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I know very little about the games themselves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts