• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    *Stickied*

This Thread is for the meeting of new Players, and the setting up of party/storylines.
    Don't post character sheets here
    instead post them here:
    [Skyrim Freeform RP] Post your character card

Before posting be sure to read carefully these two Threads:
    [Skyrim Freeform RP] A Comprehensive Guide to Free Form Role Play, for Beginners.

Rules and rules discussion for Public RP areas

Also be willing to wait. It sometimes takes awhile for a compatible group to form.
    Feel out peoples styles of play before you join their group or let them join yours

Below is a Great opening story example post:

[Information on my character can be found back at this thread, if you need it: Andante
    Please don't hesitate to join if you'd like. I'll try to set a decent scene.:)]

In a far, and otherwise empty corner of the unusually empty Bannered Mare Inn sat a rather preoccupied looking young woman. The wood elf, already out of place, further detached herself from the drunken muttering of the tavern with her nose tucked away in a book. No one seemed to be paying her much attention except for the occasional awkward glance.

A young bard sat slumped by the fire, plucking a lazy tune on his lute as two older Nord men debated loudly nearby. Both of them had obviously had more than his fair share of mead, and were unabashed as they roared angrily about the ongoing hostilities. She found it best not to involve herself in discussions of politics, especially where large drunken men were concerned. The ongoing power struggle had never really been of particular interest to her, and it was probably best if she kept it that way.

Eventually she closed her book, as the tavern began to fill with more patrons and it got too difficult to concentrate. She took a long drink of ale from her mug, and gave the gathering crowd a distasteful look as she swallowed hard. Spending most of her free time near the company of brutish drunks wasn't exactly her idea of time well spent, but if there was one thing the typical drunks were good at, aside from beating each other half to death, it was blabbering about news and rumors. She could take all the history she wanted from books and scrolls, but the only way to keep up to date on current matters was to pick them out of drunken conversations from across a crowded tavern.

"I'm telling you, they've taken over down there." She heard two younger men talking in hurried whispers nearby. ..."everyone's afraid to go in! Nasty little buggers, those Falmer." The younger boy shuddered as he took a sip of mead.

"What, are you afraid to go?" The other man teased, as his friend sloshed his tankard in humiliation.

"N-no! Who knows what they've got down there, eh?" His head lolled in wonder. "They've got to be guarding something down there! What kinda coin do you think we'd get if we could haul all their grubby little heads into town? Hah!" His friend shook his head with a smile.

"Rocks and rot, most likely, s'bout all they care for. An' prolley no coin at all! They're practically vermin, breeding in their rotten caves like a bunch of filthy Skeevers. Pah, but I'd wager even a Skeever's prettier to look at, aye?" They both laughed, and changed the conversation topic to women; she quickly lost interest.

She wasn't sure just where the two had been talking about, but it had been ages since she'd had reason to go outside the city walls of Whiterun and frankly she'd been getting a bit restless. Perhaps she could ask around, surely someone around here might know a thing or two about the situation. The key would be not attracting too much attention...

*Stickied*

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).

(Qa'Bruynzeel: info can be found here: BIO )

[Ysolda enters trailing along behind a White Khajiit, in markedly expensive white leather armor]
    "Well do you know any caravaners?"
    "NO, Bruynzeel has no contact with them other than to lighten Bruyneels load"
    sigh
    "please leave this one alone your ramblings on traders is annoying"
    "Can I at least buy you a drink to make up for your time"
    "This one does not drink, it makes our nose itch and dulls our senses. please just go."
    [approaches same corner as Andante, taking up a chair across the table]
    [with pleading eyes,looking forlornly as Ysolda who still follows, he states flatly]
    "This one has arrived, please leave us to our business"
    "How are you dear?"
    [Grasps Andante's hand squeezing lightly palming a septim as he rolls eyes at Ysolda]...

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Her contemplation was broken as the door to the increasingly crowded tavern swung open again, only this time bearing entrance to a most intriguing looking Khajiit, more out of place than even she, followed closely by a young woman. The latter of whom seemed to be talking excitedly, to a less than interested former. It was an interesting change of pace from the common bedraggled travelers. Things were certainly taking a turn from the mundane this evening.

She followed their conversation for a moment, before recognizing the girl. Ysolda, wasn't it? Most of her time was spent prowling the marketplace, it was strange to see her preoccupied with something other than studying the intricate ins and outs of commerce. Needless to say, it wasn't difficult to see she was harassing the Khajiit in hopes he would share whatever trade secrets she presumed him to have.

She was quickly taken aback as he gracefully pivoted through the crowd and welcomed himself to her table. Her dark, liquid eyes widened as his hand glided across the table and squeezed her's knowingly. She felt the cool metal coin press into her skin, as their eyes met in a glance of understanding.

"Ah..." She said lightly, her dark, earthy voice breaking the awkward silence. "...there you are. I'm well, but you've kept me waiting as always." A knowing smile.

Shew

{Hmm she has Archers callouses this might be better than expected.}
    "Ah..." She said lightly, her dark, earthy voice breaking the awkward silence.
    "...there you are. I'm well, but you've kept me waiting as always." A knowing smile.
    {Good this pretty elf has a heart and is quick witted, she just might save us from this prattling fool.}
    turning to Ysolda
    "As you see I am occupied, hope you understand."
    "Hmp" Ysolda leaves grumbling
    "You saved this one, I thank you"
    signals for a round
    "Let me buy you another, I am Qa'Bruynzeel, I both apologize for placing you in situation and thank you for your wit in extricating me from it."
    as barmaid approaches "Two Black Briar Reserves please, unless you have a couple Helgen specials, just love that juniper berry twist"
    "Your eye's made you my target from the door, I hope I was not too imposing"
    "Your hand says your an adventurer, I can't wait to know your name, and what book it was that you were reading?"

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Her cautious eyes carefully scanned the charming creature as he dismissed the bothersome girl, who left with a face ignited with frustration. Perhaps she dectected a hint of jealousy, it was uncertain.

"Hnh, you're a smooth talker, Cat." She said with a sly, and amused grin. "Qa'Bruynzeel, then it is." Her well-spoken tone stumbling slightly with his name. She adjusted her posture and leaned into the table, seeing this as a welcome opportunity.

"You're a stranger here, as well." Her voice falling flat, and empathetic as she slid the coin back across the table. "It isn't necessary. Besides, the commodities I prize can't be easily traded for money." However, she didn't quickly dismiss his hospitality and drank deep from the fresh mug placed before her.

"You can call me Andante." She smiled again, with a short chuckle. "...and it's been quite some time since I've had means or reason to have an adventure. But, yes, I suppose that's not too bold of a claim to make. Oh, and this?"

She reached down into a black leather satchel at her feet and pulled out the ragged book she'd been so preoccupied in before. She plucked at the loose, fading violet fibers at the spine as she laid it, unopened, on the table.

"Just a little something of my own, nothing of any spectacular value." A few loose and fraying pages stuck out at odd angles showing absentminded notations, scratches and verse of varying ages and mediums.

Lemviticus

(Hope you don't mind me jumping in! :) )

"There we go, Faxi, there now," Signy's voice was hard against the cold night air, as she lead her trusty equine companion into the warmth and safety of Whiterun's stables. The large horse snorted a little and pawed at the hay beneath its hooves, content to finally be out of the cold and safe from the dangers of the wild.
    "I'll be back by dawn," His owner murmured, patting his neck gently, before turning towards the hold. She felt she was in need of a good drink after a long day's riding.

The Bannered Mare was a common stop in Signy's travels, but not common enough for her to be a recognised regular. There were a few familiar faces, most of whom had their faces buried smugly in tankards of mead or ale; but there were also strangers here. People and beasts she had never seen before. Immediatly, she became wary, her blue eyes narrowing as she surveyed the pair at the table, who were apparently deep in conversation. A Wood Elf and a Khajiit, an unlikely pair to Signy.

After receiving her usual tankard of ale, two loaves of bread and a leg of rabbit, Signy took a seat in near the burning fire. She kept herself to herself, but would be quick to draw her axe if anyone approached. She watched the pair closely, intrigued by their conversation.

Shew

(No please feel free)

"Ah, the coin was mostly to shorten the need for conversation about someone who didn't need to know that I didn't know you"{chuckling purr}
    "Bruyn, is fine Qa'Bruynzeel to those of a formal nature, Bruynie to those of a intimate one"
    drinks some of his mead, and gives admiring nod to barmaid for the Helgen
    "And to prove that I, always, reward those that help me out of tight jams"
    another sip

"But more on that later. I hope you don't mind I am waiting for someone else and I would very much like to remain at your table. Especially if your interested in a opportunity"

fingers tome, playfully batting at violet fibers. glances toward door. noticing a female nord get her order and slink to the fireside... in earshot if he's right and alone{one of father's spies?}

whispers"know that one?" taps a claw in nords direction
    at normal tone"A loresmith? Nice, acedemic or lore and fantasy?"

(Reedited to reflect new character)

(joining in sorry im a little late and a little conflict can be added if you don't mind)
    A tall, Light Skinned Dark Elf enters the Inn silently and go to the front desk and in a low voice asks "Give me a room please." the innkeeper responded under her breath " Dark Elves, skyrim doesn't need them"
    "What was that!" Dalsaf Yelled
    "You dark elves are all the same, always up to no good in some way, i wish you stayed in the gray quarter where you belong!" yelled the innkeeper
    "To tell the truth i've never been to the gray quarter before because ive been traveling for 9 years since i was 13 after my parents were killed by the imperials"Dalsaf explained
    "That still means your as worthless as those other elves!" the innkeeper shouted
    "So help me Azura i will strike you down if you keep this up!" Dalsaf was almost fed up with this innkeeper
    ..................................."Fine give me the money for the room and you may stay for the night but don't come back again"the innkeeper agreed
    "Azura curse these nords."Dalsaf went to sit down..............

Shew

Stands and walks over at first sign of conflict with innkeeper
    to Dalsaf "Quiet my friend, more will be gained by ignoring insults and acting civil, than confirming prejudices with harsh action."
    hands Dalsaf the exact amount as was just paid for room
    "Come sit with us and have a drink"
    to innkeeper "Another round of mead, unless even MY gold is no good here."
    retires to his seat next to Andante and smiles a toothy grin at innkeeper
    {A quick glance at the door gave this one a shudder as another Khajiit walks in straight to the bar and then directly over}
    "Hello Brother, how may this one be of service?" (Brother is a common way for khajiits to refer to each other doesn't imply actual relationship)

Jermeh

After finishing his job in Winterhold, Dar'Fariil started on his journey back to the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary near Falkreath. He had much time to think about his current situation on the long walk back. He was a lonely man, beginning to lose connection with the rest of the world. He left his family in Elsweyr and his friends had long passed away in the Ratways of Riften. He seemed to be the only success of characters of his type. The only friends he had at this point were his colleagues of the Thieve's Guild and the Dark Brotherhood, but even they were just in it for the money and had no care for anybody. A sudden idea struck Fariil:

"Why am I working with all these dumbfounded lowlifes who have no care for the outside world, or anything but their money at that? I'm going to make new friends and start over."

Upon that thought, the tip of Dragonsreach appeared over the hill against the ever darkening night sky.
    "This seems like a nice start."

Dar'Fariil walked into town and asked the nearest guard, "Where might I find a good tavern and bed?" After a solid reply, he walked into the Bannered Mare, and immediately spotted whom he would attempt to befriend: a Bosmer and a Khajiit sitting and the far corner shifting gold around. He immediately bought a drink from the bar and walked to the table, exchanging friendly greetings.

"Hello Brother, how may this one be of service?"

"I have no services needed, but I'm looking to start over and I'm in need of some companions to accompany me in starting anew. I saw the shifting of coin over here, and thought this would be a great place to start. So my brother, what brings a Khajiit like you to this unstable province of Skyrim?"

Shew

{feelings of suspision well up but are kept from face and mannerisms}
    "Take a seat brother, cause I too have made a effort to Start Over in this land far from Elsywer"
    to Andante "Please I'll read this later, when in more intimate company" hands her a most precious tome
    to Dar'Farill {testing demeanor} "I apologize if offence, but is that blood on your scent, brother?"

(sorry guys bbl)

To Qa'Bryunzeel
    "Thank you my friend im sorry if i stirred up trouble i get heated sometimes." "and yes we should have a drink"
    Joins Bryunzeel and the wood elf for a drink
    "Well this is a sight to see in skyrim, A Dark Elf, A Wood Elf, and A Khajitt all in the same inn"
    He Takes a sip of his drink
    "When i entered before the mishap over there i heard some rumors going around saying that there is a cave in the mountains filled with falmer, are you two interested in adventuring up with me up to this cave or i can go alone either way is good with me"
    He Takes a large gulp of his drink and sits back and.........

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Andante's eyes widened as she quickly stowed the fraying tome from sight. She smiled nervously, and took a distracting gulp from her mug.

"Hnh, I couldn't imagine you actually wanting to read it." She took an opportunity to smooth the front of her dark leather over robe, worn soft with wear, silver clasps glistening in the dim firelight. "I doubt you would be interested in the daily ponderings of a solitary Mer."

She glanced up at the counter where the Dark Elf stood locked in tense conversation with the barmaid. Her eyes were empathetic, but her common sense kept her firmly rooted to the spot. She'd been raised apart from her Elf kin, and though she was known and and tolerated here in Whiterun where she spent much of her time, she was no stranger to the sharp-tongued comments that could follow in a quiet wake. Most of her life had been spent near the company of the coarse-witted Nord folk, but in truth she was still an outsider in their eyes.

Suddenly her attention shifted to yet another Khajiit who strode gracefully toward her table, as her new aquaintance welcomed him as warmly as family. Though she determined quickly enough they had not met before. It was rare to see one of the elusive travelers within the walls of the city, much less two, but despite her awkward sociability was thankful for quiet company, and calm words. A welcomed change of pace from long silences, and acidic murmurs.

"This is hardly a place of new beginnings, traveler..." She said solemnly toward the newcomer, crossing her legs and leaning against the wall behind her.

Jermeh

"Yes, yes it is. I work in the -- rather I should say worked -- in the business of doing others' dirty work. I have been a member of the Thieve's Guild and the Dark Brotherhood. It's grown old and dull to me now, doing the same assassinate, steal, repeat cycle for all my earnings. I'm hoping to start down a new path with more friends and publicity involved, so I may one day settle down and start a family. This is where you come in. I came in and immediately saw the flashing of coin across the table, a familiar sight to my kind, and was hoping you and your friends would have similar interests. {Trying to not sound rude and interrogative, but not succeeding very well.} I apologize for my... intrusiveness... but may I ask what that was about, and I may have a part in it?" [Dar'Fariil reviews all he just said, and the manor in which he said it; and takes a large gulp of his Argonian Ale.]

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    (yay!, it's finally started! I might jump in here, but I'll try to keep it a little more simple.)

As Sara walked out of the guards barracks, polishing her dagger, another clean kill under her belt, she ran into one of her old informants, who had left her service months ago to spend more time with his growing family.

"Oh hello, Sara. Funny bumping into you here, isn't it?"

"Hmm? Oh hello Skvar, it has been a while hasn't it?" Sara said, as she dropped her dagger back into it's sheathe. " Any local going ons, that will be, shall we say, important, for me to know about?"h

" U-U-Uh, let me think mistress" Skvar said, reverting to his old stammering speech, he said it had been with him since he was a child, happened when he was scared. " Ah, well it a-a-appears that there have many many abnormal arrivals in the city this night, a Bosmer, Dumer and several Khajiit have entered the city, and made they way to the Bannered Mare.

" Is that so" Sara muttered, as she turned on her heel and walked briskly over to the pathway that would lead her to the local inn, "and Skvar, be a dear, and remember I was never in this part of the city, alright? she smirked, some Nords could be so clueless. She decided to head over to the inn, maybe she could pick up on a new job, killing corrupt guards was boring her.

Jermeh

"Another foreigner? This is quite strange. I don't think I've never seen a place with more outsiders than Nords. I wonder what will come of this..."

(heh. sorry for the short entry. didn't know what else to say. just thought I'd add something to keep the conversation rolling...)

Shew

to all "Well I was and am waiting for a contact to arrive before discussing business"
    sips mead
    "I do hope you'll understand, I only wish to put this forth once, but feel free to mix in with us."
    looks to nord speaking to assembled "Parden me friends I wish to find something out before we continue"
    To Andante " Mind taking this coin and seeing if we can get a more private place to discuss that business? Perhaps that loft where we can still see the room?"about book"No dear just its getting a bit too hectic to give it it's proper honor"
    moves to nord "friend I have business forming, and can use someone more local as a guide, care to join our group, while we await my contact?"

(Sorry but were you talking to my character)

Deondrey

It's not known how long ago she had entered the Bannered Mare, nor what she heard in her time present, but as the small group of oddities continued to gather she slowly made her way to the barkeep's counter. At first it seemed, to the convention in the corner, that a breath scented with lavender passed by, gently brushing past armor, skin and fur. At that moment she was there, the black-robed Argonian of little renown, backside to the conversationalists. As if these interesting folks were never there at all, the reptile wound her way through the ever-growing crowd of drunkards and braggarts, her hooded face staring fixedly at eye level, locked on the already frustrated barkeep.
    The Argonian stopped at the counter, speaking not a word, but her eyes said much--the barkeep glanced only briefly at the scaled face before flashing a broken-toothed snarl and stepping back to a weathered bookshelf. From it the Nord retrieved an unremarkable brown sack--save for the dark discoloration at its bottom. Blood? Despite this prospect, the Nord barkeep quickly passed off the package as if it contained some tainted, cursed trinket. The Nord never met the Argonian's gaze again, and this was just, for the reptile placed a number of gold coins on the counter top and, with the bag in hand, turned away, stepping slowly through the crowd once again towards the door.

Jermeh

Dar'Fariil was well known in Elsweyr for his unusually keen eyesight. He was looking towards the bar about to get up and buy another drink when he spotted the horror of the barkeep and the small exchange. He was intrigued by the speed and fluidity at which this all happened, and without enough hesitation as to even say "excuse me" he was out the door chasing this mysterious Argonian woman.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts