Open The Arena: Gladiators of Tamriel

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

solace84

God of the Arena
    "Not bad old man," Felian said as Isnar came from the Arena.
    After awhile, Felian gathered the group, including Isnar, for a meeting.
    "We have a man on the outside," Felian told them, careful not to speak to loudly. "Shunyun has made contact with me. We have a plan of escape, but it would brand us all enemies forever. We would have to live in hiding. If you want out then say so, otherwise we all have a part to play. I'll give the details later, as for now just know that we also have a target in our escape. I plan to kill the Emperor, Titus Mede III."

"Felian. Do you mistake me for a Dark Brotherhood associate perhaps? I am a peasant, a tavern wench remember?"

solace84

God of the Arena
    CHAPTER 4: THE ESCAPE

Many days have passed now, and the group have maintained their winning streaks. They are known to the crowds of Cyrodil and are even spoken of on the streets. They no longer hold title of pit dogs, and are now known to be fierce warriors of the Arena.

Dalious Durendail, a champion of the arena, walked amongst the slaves, from outside the cells. He paused when he saw Felian the wood elf, and came to him.
    "Felian," Dalious said. "You and your fellows prove to be quite the interest. I am sorry I have not visited you sooner old friend."
    Felian knew Dalious, since before these days. Before his family was taken from him in Valenwood, he and Dalious fought together. They are both lineage of the Blades, fierce protectors of the Emperor. Because of this lineage, they were, long ago, a part of a little known group of warriors that served the Empire in secrecy just as the Blades once did. This group turned into the Penitus Oculatus Agents of today, but niether of the two men stayed with the pact. Felian disappeared into Valenwood seeking a normal life, while Dalious used his talents to become a champion of the Arena and hero to Cyrodil.
    "I noticed you as well Dalious," said Felian. "I would have visited you earlier, but my area of free walk has somewhat lessened these days."
    "You once fought for the Emperor and now you are slave to him. It saddens me to see this as your outcome."
    "I have been betrayed by the Emperor. Set here for his amusement in the games. I brought him criminals and he turns me into one. I see you have not changed though, still a drunk fool."
    "Still a drunk...not a fool. Tell me Felian, do you actually plan on surviving these games?"
    "For what purpose would that have?" Felian asked. "I would still remain a slave."
    "Good, then it will please you to know that I requested you for my next match. The Emperor knows who you were, and he does not care. I will give you a glorious death, my old friend."
    "Tomorrow then, we unsheath our weapons together one last time."

solace84

God of the Arena
    ((OOC: I see this thread is fading, so because I need an ending to move my character on into other threads (since I view my character as only being in one place at a time), here it is.))

IC:
    THE ARENA: GLADIATORS OF TAMRIEL (CONCLUSION)

Felian stood upon the sands, Dalious the champion staring across to him at the other end. The crowd booming with noise, yet Felian zoned it out. He was focused, on the plan. Dalious came forward and attacked, while Felian used his defence to put on a good show. Backstage, Isnar staged a scene pretending to be dying of old age, while Zij the Argonian pickpocketed the dominus and stole the keys. Felyse had her crossbow readied.
    Outside, Shunyun gathered a group of followers and they entered the arena through the sewage drains, the area led them within the walls. They entered where the Imperials dumped the dead bodies of the games, and they quickly killed the guards. They gained torches and went into position underneath the stands of the crowds, where they patiently awaited the signal to burn the wooden stands.
    Zij quietly unlocked the caged doors and motioned for the many slaves to start leaving. As the slaves emptied out, the Imperials took notice and charged them as a battle ensued outside the walls of the Arena. Most of the Imperials went to stop these freed slaves, taking their focus away from the games.

Felian was knocked down upon the sands and he motioned the signal with his hand, causing Shunyun and the followers to begin burning the stand holds underneath the crowds' feet. It burned slowly, but once it caught flame it burst into a quick source of heat. Smoke rose from under the crowd's feet, few even noticing the act.

Isnar got up appearing to be fine, and when the dominus figured out what was going on he was quickly silenced by Zij, who cut his throat. Then the argonian and Felyse killed the rest of the guards near them, and opened the gates to the arena.

"You know I would have won," Dalious said to Felian, who was knocked back a ways from him.
    "You don't have to do this Dalious," said Felian. "You don't have to brand yourself enemy to Cyrodil. I can do this without you."
    "No, you can't," Dalious said with a laugh. "Besides, I've grown bored here."

With that, Felian charged a full run toward Dalious. Dalious knelt down and placed his shield firmly against the sand and himself, creating a step. Felian pushed his leg off of the shield and dove high into the air, toward the Emperor's seat. He landed on the railing and hoisted himself up, now face to face with the young emperor. At this moment, the fires under the crowd broke through and many in attendance fell though into the flames. Four large areas of the seating began to burn a hellfire that started to catch onto anything and everything nearby. The people panicked and started running and trampling over one another.

"What madness is this?" the Emperor, Titus Mede III, cried. "I am the Emperor!"
    "You are a murderer," Felian said. "Your days of reign are over!"
    Felian stuck his blade within the Emperor's chest and watched the life exit his helpless body. The wood elf turned and saw Felyse, Isnar, and Zij' Qua El fighting Imperials upon the sands. Felian jumped down to them and joined the fight. They fought off the Imperials that seemed to keep on coming, as the arena filled with smoke and flame.
    "Go!" Dalious screamed to Felian and the group. "I will take them!"
    Felian nodded and the group went into a gate leading down into the smoke filled rooms below. Felian glanced back before leaving, and he saw Dalious fending off his own people for their escape. He left before he could see Dalious' fate, as a swarm of Imperials came upon him.

The group ran down and met with Shunyun and the rest, and they exited through the disgusting sewage waters filled with the blood of fallen arena slaves. After awhile, they surfaced on the outskirts of the arena, outside the walls of Cyrodil. They swam to the land on the other side of the water, where Shunyun had many horses readied for them. They said their farewells and thanks, as Shunyun and his followers exited from their sight...to a place none knew.

Isnar and Felyse rode off together in one direction, and the Argonian went his way. They asked where Felian would go, and he simply said back to Valenwood to visit the graves of his family. After that, who knows.

By nightfall, the Imperials had thousands of guards in search parties looking for the group. They all had went there own directions, and were never found. Felian made it to Valenwood and visited his family.
    "It has been too long," the wood elf said aloud. "I can finally be at peace. I will always have you in my heart. I must go now, far away. I must go to a place where others might need help. A land full of ugliness that I now devote my life into helping. Back up north...to Skyrim."

((OOC: Thanks to ALL who participated in this thread, you made it that much better. This was my first RP ever so I just wanted to introduce myself to the whole process and in turn we all created this fun little story. I will now branch into other storylines eventually where I don't have to keep the story rolling and hope to see familiar characters elsewhere. ))

THE END.

solace84

God of the Arena
    ((After credits...lol))

The city had a brief moment of chaos that spread beyond its' walls. Imperials were everywhere, checking up on everyone and everything. Hundreds of dead lie within and about the Arena, most falling victim to the fires which have now become ash and rubble. Dalious glanced up at the destroyed stands one last time, standing alone in the Arena. Imperial bodies lie dead around him.
    "I will miss this place," he said to himself. Then the champion left, never to return.