• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    ~*~ That Which Is Lost To Time ~*~
    Artifact Hunters led a dangerous life, as it was universally known that all truly powerful artifacts are protected in some way or another. Ghosts, Powerful Draugr, hordes of some other terrible thing, and sometimes, Dremoras. I'm sure by now this job was not the greatest.

Adventure, money, and a story worth telling in bars were all incentives to go out and search for an item that's been unseen for many years. Often, a rare book had to be found, pure luck had to be used for stumbling into a covered cave, or the occasional intellectual interrogated. All this was usually done in the name of Septims, although some would go through all the trouble to own the artifacts.

Which will you be?

Are You In It For Adventure or In It For Coin?

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Anvil

"What a dump." Rath snarls at the stench of the city.
    "You get used to the smell." The carriage driver explains as he drives up to the gate
    "There, and thanks again for sorting out that little mess. Rides free." Rath nods in approval. "Stay away from Ale... and Argonian maids." The Carriage driver offers a hand.
    "Will do. Oh and word of advice. Don't stand around too long, Fleshflies will get ya!" Rath shakes the drivers outstreched hand.
    Rath walks through the main gates entering the city.. (First things first. Find an Inn.)

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Tamriel, Cyrodiil, Anvil 75 Years after the Oblivion Crisis

Sitting outside, by the dock gates, Keara swung her feet back and forth, waiting for her partner to show up “Where is he?” a boy ran up to her and handed her a note, reading the note and looking around, she jumped off the barrel and headed further down the docks towards the Flowling Bowl “Surprised this place is still in business” she said to herself as she walked inside, shrugging her shoulders “With the man who sells nothing but food no drinks has no beds, how do you stay in business?” she said to the man behind the bar as she glanced over she smiled as she saw her partner in the corner of the little place “I thought you said you wanted to meet outside? But then change your mind, this must be very important” she took the chair across him, looking into his dark green eyes, losing herself in his eyes, she blinked a couple times and turned red “umm sorry just zoned out there for a minute” her grin grew wider “Sooo come out with it already!” he leaned back in his chair laughing softly at her “Im sorry Keara I know that you waited and I should of just came myself but like you said it was important and well I have been being watched lately, guess word has gotten out why I am here” he reached out touching her face “And its not just for you either, I’ve been looking around in the church and found some interesting things about this item, it’s a ring that glows when something of extreme value is near, do you know how much that little ring would bring in? Not to mention if I use it myself and while I am traveling if I happen to come across something worth some coin how rich I will be?!” his excitement in this ring started to worry her some, the man she knew was turning into someone she didn’t want to know anymore “Erik, this seems very odd to me, in more than one way, I never heard you talk like this before” she reached out to touch his hand as he withdrew it back, something he has never done to her before, a sadness swept across her face, she turned her head, to avoid eye contact with him, as she looked down her red locks flew around her face, breathing deeply “So you just basically used me to get into the churches books” wiping the tears from her eyes “Ok then, I suppose we should just get on with getting this item and going our separate ways” she pushed her hair back around her pointed ear, looking off into the nothingness, standing up and heading towards the door “Ill see you at the gates I have to gather some items before we head off to where was this place again?” he stood up walking towards her grabbing her arms pulling her closer to him “We wont be going our separate ways, and I wasnt using you, and this place is in a cave just outside called Smoke Hole cave” he ran his hands up and down her arms looking, smiling at her “We’ll be happy after we get this ring, I promise you” she nodded at him and headed out the door “I was already happy with you” she whispered as she headed back up the dock towards the gate into Anvil and towards her home

Skyrimosity

Valus Polus is a young Imperial merchant sitting inside the Flowing Bowl in Anvil. Valus has had a terrible buying trip in Cyrodiil, something that didn't happen very often. Since he is a Skyrim Merchant, Valus finds it useful to, on occasion, buy some stuff in Cyrodiil that the Nords are unfamiliar with. They pay more that way. But this has been a bad trip. He has soon almost nothing worth taking notice of from any of his usual suppliers. He even came to Anvil to see if his parents had something they may be able to sell. Them being merchants as well, nothing good came of that.

Valus finished another bottle of Ale, his third on this day alone. He'd drank almost 40 bottles so far during his twenty day trip. It helped mask failure. It was at this point at a nearby table a girl sat by next to a man. Valus would learn during their conversation that the girl was Keara, the man was Erik, and that the two had some sort of relationship. "it’s a ring that glows when something of extreme value is near, do you know how much that little ring would bring in?" Valus's eyes lit up very suddenly. That could be of extreme worth to a merchant. He listened to the rest of the conversation until the girl decided to leave. Something about meeting at the gates later. This may be worth investigating.

Valus stood up, feeling a bit drunken after his three ales. Until this month, he had never been much for drinking. But with the bad bit of business he's had, he has no problem with it. Valus walked to the door and when he walked out, he ran into a man. A Breton man. Bretons are from High Rock. High Rock is far away from Skyrim. All this equals business opportunity in the mind of Valus. He put a smile on his face.

"I do apologize good Sir. I should mind where I am going a bit more I suppose. Excuse me, but are you a Breton? From High Rock? You know, I am a merchant. Valus Polus, glad to make your acquaintance. If you have anything that was made in High Rock, I'd be glad to buy it from you. I pay quite generously, let me assure you."

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    "Oof." Rath feels soft fur as he scrambles to find the pockets of who or whatever he bumped into. His search ends in failure as the man steps back . (Dammit.) Rath looks at the Brown haired Imperial standing before him. (Hmm this guy looks like he's got some gold.) He does a quick glance at the waist. Nothing. (No gold purse. Either he's suspecting or he's broke.)
    The man begin to speak. (Items? Hmm what do I have.) "Why yes I am a Bret, from High Rock. I'm New to Cyrodil and I am looking for some coin." Rath looks over his shoulder.
    "I'm Rathalos, but call me Rath. Sadly the only thing I own from my home are these robes and the armor they conceal." Rath knocks on his chest covered by his long thick robes. The metal of his steel plate clangs as he hits it. "Nothing I'm willing to part with. Sorry. You are a merchant though?" Rath pushes his sleeves back. "Watch." He pulls one coin out of his pocket. "This used to amaze the little ones back home." Using Telekinesis Rath flips the coin in all diffrent directions. He finally ends the act by tossing it away and quickly bringing it back to his hand. "Theres more where that came from as well. You know I think the best merhant would have some sort of entertainment." Rath nudges the Imperial. "See what I mean? You bring them the "Shock and Awe." and they'll love you. Course mages won't find the trick funny." Rath chuckles waiting for a response.

Skyrimosity

The Breton had nothing worth selling. Valus cursed Cyrodiil with the vulgarity of a thousand drunk Nords. This was a curse of some sort, no doubt. No one on the entire planet of Nirn had anything worth selling. The Nine have put a curse upon him. Valus is sure of it.

And then the Breton, who introduces himself as Rathalos, does a little interesting trick with a coin using some sort of Magic. It was pretty interesting but Valus needed to decide if it was interesting enough to split profit with. Valus examined the Breton. It looked like he could hold his own in a fight. But he also had the natural stench of thievery traveling with him. Valus did need the extra muscle while travelling along. On the other hand, its been a bad month.

"I'll tell you what, Rath. I've had an extremely bad month here in Cyrodiil. I don't think I've made any profit during my time here so far this month. I guess I could go for a change. I'll be willing to hire you and split the profits. For every five Septims I make, you'll get to pocket one Septim. I know it may not seem like too much, but trust me, I have to reuse half of what I earn to buy other things. Its really like your getting one septim profit and I'm getting two, with the business getting the other two Septims. If you make it a deal, I'll be willing to give you one hundred Septims. Hold on"

Valus out of sight, just in case Rath ever got an idea, and quickly pulls out a bag of Septims. Valus hid his gold in anyway he could so it'd be harder to rob him. Valus quickfully and skillfully pulled out 100 Septims, exactly, and enclosed them in a small bag. He then walked back to Rath. "So I hope we have a deal?"

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Raths smiles greatfully at Valus.
    "Yes! Of course!" The Imperial hands Rath 100 gold. Rath quickly puts it back in the Imperials hand.
    "Keep it. You look like you need it. Hahahaha." Rath laughs as he lifts a stone from the ground into his right hand. "So whats say we find us something to sell?" The stone begins to hover just inches above his right hand spinning in place. Looking at the stone in his hand Rath asks . "Got any leads?"

Skyrimosity

Valus put the bag of gold in his pocket before responding to the man.

"Well, I've already exhausted all my contacts in Anvil. I'm not sure where else to turn." Valus kicks dirt into the air with a ferocity. Then he smiles. "I overheard these people talking inside the Flowing Bowl. They're going after some sort of artifact. I don't know the details but I think they might need some help from us.

It is kind of a long shot but I'm one for chances. They'll be meeting at the gate, the one nearest the stables I'm guessing, so we should go ahead and go to the gates. I can only hope they need help because this trip to Cyrodiil has been Forsaken thus far. Unless you have any objections, my new partner, I'd say the best option we have right now is to try and tag along. Maybe while they're looking for their artifact, we can find a few things worth value ourselves."

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
    Anvil was a far cry from lavish, and to top it off, smelled like crap. And here Ricard was, expecting a city worth talking about. How disappointing. Still, you couldn't expect much from a port city, what with a body of water being in close proximity.

Although, it wasn't entirely a miserable little hamlet. It was actually bustling, brimming with commerce. Merchants peddled their wares as their peers and subjects looked on, a few of them being wooed and beguiled into purchasing something, or several things.

Amateur technique, Ricard thought with a grin. I'd have their septims before they could even blink, and the deed wouldn't be against the law. Well, not conventionally.

The Breton overheard a commotion that stuck out to him not long after, however. The details hadn't been yielded yet, but already some unexpected fruit had been plucked.

Artifact. The word raveled itself around his brain a few times, like a stray thread that had escaped from its linen. An artifact could pave the way to fortune and fame altogether, or erase his very existence. But seeing as he was attempting to amend a foul birthright, it was well worth the risk.

Ergo, the black-haired man promptly turned tail in the direction of the gates.

Mistress Jess

Duon's Gurl
    Vira yawned raising her hand to her mouth and stretching out her legs on top of the stack of crates she’d been lounging on, opening her eyes slowly and inhaling deeply the salty sea breeze that floated up from Anvils harbor. “Oh were here.” She giggled looking out at the warehouses from her resting place on the ship’s deck. “Have a nice nap Vira?” The scruffy boat captain laughed helping a crewmen pick up the crate she was sitting on and lifting her into the air making her scramble to hold on as they carried her and the crate down the wooden planks and onto the dock. “Umm it was pretty good…” Vira giggled jumping down off the crate and steadying herself as they sat it down on the wooden dock with a light thump. “Not sure about the wakeup though.” She winked walking over to the white haired captain and holding out her hand.

“Oh that’s right I almost forgot…” He laughed reaching into his pocket and extracting a bag of gold. “Here’s your cut. I’ll take it to the buyer myself then its back to the homeland. Am I to expect you on the trip back?” “Nah think I’ll stay here for awhile, see were the wind blows me.” Vira spoke carefully weighing the bag in her hand before giving the captain a satisfied smile. “Know one thing though; I’m sick of the sea.” She laughed putting the coins into her knapsack and buttoning the leather flap. “I’ll see you both in the next life perhaps.” Vira spoke waving goodbye to them both before walking off up toward the city gates pleased with the fat bag of gold on her side and the change of scenery around her after nearly a month at sea.

Walking the cities buzzing cobblestone streets Vira browsed the shop windows taking her time as she made her way from the tall looming figure of the Temple of Nine up to the fountain near the cities front gates. “Beautiful.” She sighed admiring the statue in the fountain as she crossed her hands behind her back, gently rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet as several odd figures started to make their way past her walking toward the gate.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Keara had finished packing her stuff and started for the door, when Erik walked in and stood in her way, she placed her hands on her hips and started to tap her foot "You are in my way" she smiled at him as he slid his hands around her waist cupping her lower back "About earlier, and how I acted" he said leaning in closer to her almost a whisper in her ear "I know that you have tried to keep me on a simple life-style, but it is hard for someone, who once had everything he could want" she softly pushed him back "You mean a spoiled-brat in otherwords?" he smiled at her laughing "yeah yeah spoiled brat, you hit the nail on the head with that one Keara" she gave him a smug smile, before wiggling from his grip, and continued for the door, reaching out he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back pinning her against the door and himself "Look at least I now know that my life style before was missing something" he touched her face "It was missing you" she snorted and smiled at him "oh oh im sure" she pinched his side "Now youre being all romatic cause I got a little upset with you back there, and youre trying to sweet talk your way out this time" she turned the handle on the door and ducked out "Nice try Erik, but you should know me by now and you are going to have to do better than that" she waved her hand abover her head in circles, taking a bow, lifting her head and giving him a grin before standing straight, turning on her heels and heading towards the gates yelling back at him "Ill be at the stables getting the horses ready, hurry up and pack your things" he yelled back at her "Alright meet you there!" he turned around in the house shutting the door behind him, and started to pack his things, moments later Erik had left the house, locking the door behind him and headed towards the stables to meet up with Keara.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Sorry But I Have To Go Ahead and Close This Thread As I Do Not Find Myself On As Much And Having Little Time To Make Any Post In It. Sorry For Those That Wanted To Join and Those That Did. I Wish Nothing But The Best To You All :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts