Thalmor funding to civilize the Falmer so that they may reclaim Skyrim, why or why not?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tyer032392

YES YES YES! THANK YOU! Thats what I was looking for! I am a role-player, I fill in the grey-areas with my beliefs, and others do the same. Let everyone believe what they want. This thread is about the Falmer, NOT LORE

Personally, I have no love for the Thalmor, but I do agree with you and respect that you like the Thalmor. In the end, the only person who truly seems bothered by this thread is Sir Troll a Lot in here.

Onto topic.

I think it would be better if all the races of Tamriel came together to sort out their differences to live in peace and harmony, maybe even make some sort of coalition to protect each other from the other unidentified races that inhabit Tamriel. As to the Thalmor main problem with Talos, that is left entirely up to debate as the Hero of Kvatch did become a Daedric Prince at the end of Shivering Isles, so maybe Talos really did become a god. Or, perhaps Talos accomplishments are on that of a god, no one really knows.

Two Bears

YES YES YES! THANK YOU! Thats what I was looking for! I am a role-player, I fill in the grey-areas with my beliefs, and others do the same. Let everyone believe what they want. This thread is about the Falmer, NOT LORE

Right on. And don't sweat the trolls, especially when they start beating their chests; it's the sign that you are winning. You play the way you like. You RP the way you like. Play on, man. Play on.

Tyer032392

Nope. Not bothered at all. More like laughing at people that don't know what they are talking about. Enlightening them with actual lore, then watching them scurry about, butthurt that their personal beliefs were just shattered by what is really known.

Lore states the Thalmor are evil antagonists. No gray about them. MK even refers to them as AIDS. AIDS is not gray. And I'm sure nobody in here even knows who MK is.

You know, if you really are bothered by the fact there is no lore section to this forum, why not PM the admins asking if they could create a lore section. That would only benefit this forums as it would make it far more complete, and everyone could pitch in their ideas and interpretations to the lore.

Edit: MK is the main game designer as everyone knows.

Nobody's talking about gameplay anyway, we are talking lore.

To be honest, we were originally talking about a role-playing aspect of this game until you derailed it with your lore debate to other people. And while I also helped contribute to this thread getting derailed, I was trying to explain to you that not everyone has the same opinion as you, which you just scoffed away by claiming that at the end of the day, our ideas do not matter, it is the lore that does. However, is not not our interpretations of the lore that also count, as I know Bethesda does look through all the interpretations of the lore to see where everyone's general ideas are at. And who knows, maybe the next game will allow players to fight for the Thalmor!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
He Who Was Once Him it is time you got off your high horse. You may or may not know everything there is to know about Elder Scroll lore. If you do, great. If you don't, great. Even if you do that is no reason to look or talk down to anyone who doesn't have the knowledge or share your views. So I am asking you to watch how you talk/interact with the members here. Insulting people will not be tolerated. Consider this a friendly warning.

And to everyone else, if you don't get along with someone then please make use of the ignore feature. We have it for a reason. Regardless, things will be sorted out as they usually are. So please play nice and get back on topic.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
All I've done is enlighten with lore and was subsequently rating spammed for it.

If you feel you were rated unfairly, make use of the report feature then. As for enlightening people, stop. Your age, experience, and knowledge of lore does not give you the right to act like an ass to other members. Drop the 'holier than thou' attitude and tone down how you go about explaining/talking to other members. If you yourself have problems with certain members then report it and make use of the ignore feature. We would like if all of our members were able to get along without any problems.

I'm done asking/explaining this. For now I ask that any members that have a problem please continue to make use of the report and ignore features. Thank you.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
If this goes though you may watch us all you want, you'll be suprised that there will be nothing "evil" going on
Can only trust what I'm seeing, so I'm going to see. Security measures. :p

Mookie

KRHHHH, HHHHHKHHH--- well if you are able to understand that then there is hope to calm falmer and teach them something even though they have no eyes..

PelagiusIV

Throughout my life, I have heard countless stories of the plight of the Snow Elves. Hunted to near-extinction, and then betrayed and poisoned by the Dwemer. After generations of degeneration, they are left today as bloodthirsty monsters. My sympathy goes out the the Falmer, for they inhabited skyrim first, it was their land! I would like to know peoples opinions on whether you would support Thalmor funding to civilize the Falmer or not. We would send scouts to areas where Falmer are present, calm them, and then work to provide them education in all fields. My goal is that one day, the Falmer can reclaim Skyrim as theirs again. Please reply if your with me, and if you disagree, tell me why. I'd like to see a discussion start here!

Very interesting thought. The Snow Elves past always interested me, as does all civilizations that were once in power but are now on the brink of distinction or distinct.

As for the Thalmor being the ones who bring them back to power, I see both pros and cons, depending how I view the situation. On one hand, I consider the Thalmor to be evil, therefore would not support them gaining yet another ally that increases their chances of destroying the Empire.**

Yet on the other hand, from a gaming perspective, it would add to the challenge and storyline, which I'm in favor of. After all, what good is a game like Skyrim where everyone lives in peace. There needs to be formidable foes, ones that you consider to be a danger, or else the game would lack intensity. And for that fact alone, I think I would love to see how this would play out, even if it assisted the Thalmor.

** The ONLY reason I am anti Thalmor is because they are at war/were at war/will be at war with the Empire. If they simply were at peace, and committed "evil" acts that did not endanger the Empire I would have no issue's, and actually like them. But my love for the resemblance of the Empire and Ancient Rome causes me to want the Empire to always reign supreme and dislike any who appose them.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
I think it's a good idea, but I don't want only the Thalmor to fund this operation. If we are going to domesticate the Falmer, we need to band together and do it. If the Thalmor fund this independently, it can lead to even more problems between the races. Operation is a great idea, Thalmor independently funding it isn't a good idea.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
The Thalmor interest is to destroy humanity. Therefore they would seek to harm Skyrim at every given opportunity. A violent, nord-hating army of monsters is more interesting to them than a civilized, peaceful society. Therefore they wouldn't do this.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Thalmor hate other elves. They conduct great purges within Valenwood slaughtering their Bosmer allies, they also kill other Altmer to maintain ethnic cleansing and pure bloodlines. The Snow elves would be a even worse insult to them than the Orcs. The Falmer once rivaled the Altmer in terms of culture and society, the fact they're how they are now, twisted and deformed would be an insult to them. They seek elven superiority over man and the Falmer represent man superiority over mer.

I doubt anyone in the Thalmor would even try something like this in case it failed, the Thalmor themselves even fear other members, they snitch on each other. You make a mistake or say the wrong thing within the ranks of the Thalmor you get badly punished. There is a mention to Elenwen's predecessor who was sent back to Alinor for punishment and 'reeducation'.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I doubt anyone in the Thalmor would even try something like this in case it failed, the Thalmor themselves even fear other members, they snitch on each other. You make a mistake or say the wrong thing within the ranks of the Thalmor you get badly punished. There is a mention to Elenwen's predecessor who was sent back to Alinor for punishment and 'reeducation'.

If this is indeed true Elenwen just became hotter for some unknown reason. She so bad but very naughty at the same time :D Where can I read moar of this? :D

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
If this is indeed true Elenwen just became hotter for some unknown reason. She so bad but very naughty at the same time :D Where can I read moar of this? :D

She didn't give the punishment, she just replaced the other person. Though it is written in a Thalmor Dossier on Esbern, you know like the one about Ulfric and how the Thalmor aid the Stormcloaks.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
But she did give Ulfric the punishment. I wonder what she did to him? <3 She would make a very good Dominatrix :D
tumblr_mer7vcLBqN1r6qglpo1_500.png

Well elves are known to be very sexual in their youth, sadly Elenwen is more reserved. Best to find a younger Mer.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Why do the Thalmor related threads always end up like.. this.

Aniratak

Throughout my life, I have heard countless stories of the plight of the Snow Elves. Hunted to near-extinction, and then betrayed and poisoned by the Dwemer. After generations of degeneration, they are left today as bloodthirsty monsters. My sympathy goes out the the Falmer, for they inhabited skyrim first, it was their land! I would like to know peoples opinions on whether you would support Thalmor funding to civilize the Falmer or not. We would send scouts to areas where Falmer are present, calm them, and then work to provide them education in all fields. My goal is that one day, the Falmer can reclaim Skyrim as theirs again. Please reply if your with me, and if you disagree, tell me why. I'd like to see a discussion start here!

I just have a few questions to see if I understand you correctly.

So what you are suggesting is that the Falmer reclaim their territory? Which is Skyrim. What will happen to the Nords? Where are they supposed to go? Kill them all or show them the door? Then they will have to claim a place for them selves as well. What will happen to the people already living there? And what about the Forsworn? You know these things never end in a fair solution for everyone..

And: How will you educate a Falmer?

I feel sorry for the Snow Elves for being betrayed by the Dwermer.. But it wasn't the Nords who made them into what they are now.

How long has Skyrim been "occupied" by the Nords? Thousands of years?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Why do the Thalmor related threads always end up like.. this.

Raijin has a crush on Elenwen, so if it's Thalmor related and Elenwen's name is mentioned, Raijin feels a disturbance in the force and is guided to it always.

Though also it is because many Thalmor related threads are not really Thalmor related. Generally many Thalmor threads lately fall under the "What if in a different TES universe" Everyone knows how the Thalmor really are, while we still enjoy the thread and discussion it can only reach a certain level. No one really creates "Thalmor, slaughtering innocent refugees in Sentinel, thoughts?" "Thalmor conducting great purges of their Bosmer allies, killing hundreds, do you agree?" "Thalmor committing atrocities to innocent populations of the Imperial City during their brief take over, so bad were these crimes it was mentioned in a TES war, what do you think they did?'

So we enjoy the what if situations, which is what most of this forum is made of.