Thalmor funding to civilize the Falmer so that they may reclaim Skyrim, why or why not?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fiiralmo

2nd Aldmeri Emissary to Skyrim
Throughout my life, I have heard countless stories of the plight of the Snow Elves. Hunted to near-extinction, and then betrayed and poisoned by the Dwemer. After generations of degeneration, they are left today as bloodthirsty monsters. My sympathy goes out the the Falmer, for they inhabited skyrim first, it was their land! I would like to know peoples opinions on whether you would support Thalmor funding to civilize the Falmer or not. We would send scouts to areas where Falmer are present, calm them, and then work to provide them education in all fields. My goal is that one day, the Falmer can reclaim Skyrim as theirs again. Please reply if your with me, and if you disagree, tell me why. I'd like to see a discussion start here!

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Got nothing against the goal, the problem is education itself, objective education is really rare, most of it can be transmitted along with some ideologies from the "teachers", can lead to indirect manipulation, brainwashing and as far as I'm concerned... let's say I've seen much better mindsets than the Thalmor's.

What if they don't intend to reclaim Skyrim, as example? Let's say... Instead, with the help of Skyrim's current forces, the Dwemer ruins get cleared, cleaned, lighted up and fit to correctly live in, while granting full access to the outside world in an effort of collaboration. How would you react to that?

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
You do not want to help them reclaim there land ure a Thalmor u want them for ure own gain.

Why should they have Skyrim back the Nords came and tried to make peace with those dirty little elves but they attacked them so the Nords conquerd Skyrim, plus why educate dirty little beasts like the Falmer you should try find more Snow elves, only one is known to live now, why bring back the Snow elves anyway they were just another weak race that bit of more than they could chew then the Dwemer shows how stupid they are by poisioning most of them. The big problem is this education what education are u and the Thalmor going to teach some Falmer, to hate Talos kill there own children and encourage inbreeding lol a beast (Thalmor) cant teach another beast (Falmer) anything usefull and the last thing we need is arrogant falmer running around.

Fiiralmo

Got nothing against the goal, the problem is education itself, objective education is really rare, most of it can be transmitted along with some ideologies from the "teachers", can lead to indirect manipulation, brainwashing and as far as I'm concerned... let's say I've seen much better mindsets than the Thalmor's.

What if they don't intend to reclaim Skyrim, as example? Let's say... Instead, with the help of Skyrim's current forces, the Dwemer ruins get cleared, cleaned, lighted up and fit to correctly live in, while granting full access to the outside world in an effort of collaboration. How would you react to that?
Are you saying the educated Falmer would simply live among the Nords in harmony? Although it's possible, I highly doubt it. We would definitely teach the Falmer of how they came to be, I'd expect that to raise some hatred of the Nords. Can you explain what you meant there a bit better?

Shadow King

Are you saying the educated Falmer would simply live among the Nords in harmony? Although it's possible, I highly doubt it. We would definitely teach the Falmer of how they came to be, I'd expect that to raise some hatred of the Nords. Can you explain what you meant there a bit better?

See ure agenda would be to use Falmer as a tool against the Nords you dont want to help but gain assets. typical power hungry Thalmor.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Well... I agree , sort of.
My guess is that it is impossible to turn the Falmer calm , but if it were possible I would say yes. The Falmer have suffered a lot throughout the generations. The ancient Atmorans were also intent on slaying the Snow Elves who weren't involved with the destruction of Saarthal. Hundreds of them sought sanctuary in the Forgotten Vale but then were betrayed and killed by their own twisted lot. If some of them managed to live they were poisoned by the cruel Dwarves or drove to extinction by the Atmorans / Ancient Nords. So pitiful creatures :). They were the first inhabitants of Skyrim and this was their land. So the saying ''Skyrim belongs to the Nords'' should be banned I guess :p. But then if the AD is able to figure out the 'bad ones' , I would suggest them still live blinded as punishment.
Though , of course , this is only possible from a roleplay perspective :D.

P.S : Perhaps Nords and Falmer should also come at peace.

Shadow King

Plus the Ancient Nords wanted sanctuary in Skyrim when the Snow elves attacked they could never be friends the Nords would butcher them and rightly so once bitten twice shy and all that.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
You do not want to help them reclaim there land ure a Thalmor u want them for ure own gain.

Why should they have Skyrim back the Nords came and tried to make peace with those dirty little elves but they attacked them so the Nords conquerd Skyrim, plus why educate dirty little beasts like the Falmer you should try find more Snow elves, only one is known to live now, why bring back the Snow elves anyway they were just another weak race that bit of more than they could chew then the Dwemer shows how stupid they are by poisioning most of them. The big problem is this education what education are u and the Thalmor going to teach some Falmer, to hate Talos kill there own children and encourage inbreeding lol a beast (Thalmor) cant teach another beast (Falmer) anything usefull and the last thing we need is arrogant falmer running around.

Some of it is true , though I think some Snow Elves had nothing to do with attacking the Nords. I wouldn't condemn all just because most of them were wicked.

Shadow King

Some of it is true , though I think some Snow Elves had nothing to do with attacking the Nords. I wouldn't condemn all just because most of them were wicked.

That is true but there leaders done it so all usually suffer when the leaders of a nation make certain choices, just like some Altmer suffer because of there leaders the king and the wicked Thalmor

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
That is true but there leaders done it so all usually suffer when the leaders of a nation make certain choices, just like some Altmer suffer because of there leaders the king and the wicked Thalmor

I still feel pity for innocent Snow Elves :sadface:. They did not deserve to suffer a horrible fate like that :sadface:.

Shadow King

I still feel pity for innocent Snow Elves :sadface:. They did not deserve to suffer a horrible fate like that :sadface:.

Yea ure right there fate was harsh but it was the Dwemer who put the finishing touches to there demise :sadface:

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.

Well, it was just a possibility, combined with the bits of hope evocated by one specific Snow Elf, saying that they could believe in Auri-El again and prosper the way they used to do so rather than leading an all-out war. (They could miss that, for all we know)

I've asked you that question on the first post because you seem to attach more importance on reclaiming Skyrim than educating the Falmer. You could pretty much say that you want new allies and Skyrim in one hit. If you claim to say that you take the education of the Falmer in priority, it means that you'll also respect their decision, right? If they decide to become peaceful and live amongst the Nords instead of going on a rampage, you'll respect that and leave them be, right? After all, the main goal is to civilize the Falmer.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I am most definately not sure if it is the Thalmor that should lead this charge as they usually have their own agenda in mind. Admittedly, if they could pull it off, it might be a very strong chink in the Nord armor. On the other hand, in the end, the Thalmor and the Falmer are far more closely related genetically then they ever would be to any Nord.

While I can understand why the Nords have issues with the Falmer, it is perfectly within character for a Nord to be racist against a Falmer.

I never really thought of the Falmer as being stupid animals and always felt slightly guilty about slaughtering so many in the Dwemer ruins. What are we (the surface dwellers) really using all these ruins for? We use them to make a profit. Even if we say it's for "research", in the long run we come out with tons of booty and make money. The Falmer obviously have their own society, and have a very interesting relationship with many of the undergrounds denezins.

Maybe, if we gave the Falmer the tools and left them alone (do we really want to be living in their underground anyhow?). With a noted lack of Dwemer about, I am sure they could slowly become something more than they currently are.

Personally, if I could build a relationship with a Falmer, I think it might be interesting to get their world view, learn about their society and see just how we as surface dwellers might fit in.

I know this sounds naive, but I am not a lore-master and can only judge on the behaviours and situations of which I have experience.

Lore and histories are written from the writer's point of view and are coloured by that writer's personal dogma and experience itself.

Let's just stop slaughtering the Falmer every time we see them, give them a leg up and, maybe, just maybe, eventually they can come in to the light and be comfortable with it.

By all the 9 though! Don't let it be the Thalmors that organize this! It will lead to nothing but tragedy for everyone that is not Thalmor.

Ivory

Let's Player
The Thalmor would brainwash the Falmer. They'd be slaves if that was a possibility and continue to be victims for generations longer until someone among the Altmer would help them fight back. I am actually all for the Altmer teaching Falmer all about thier past, it was actually my Falmer character's backstory for awhile till I changed it. The Thalmor are not the Altmer to do it though.

Daelon DuLac

I am most definately not sure if it is the Thalmor that should lead this charge as they usually have their own agenda in mind. Admittedly, if they could pull it off, it might be a very strong chink in the Nord armor. On the other hand, in the end, the Thalmor and the Falmer are far more closely related genetically then they ever would be to any Nord.

While I can understand why the Nords have issues with the Falmer, it is perfectly within character for a Nord to be racist against a Falmer.

I never really thought of the Falmer as being stupid animals and always felt slightly guilty about slaughtering so many in the Dwemer ruins. What are we (the surface dwellers) really using all these ruins for? We use them to make a profit. Even if we say it's for "research", in the long run we come out with tons of booty and make money. The Falmer obviously have their own society, and have a very interesting relationship with many of the undergrounds denezins.

Maybe, if we gave the Falmer the tools and left them alone (do we really want to be living in their underground anyhow?). With a noted lack of Dwemer about, I am sure they could slowly become something more than they currently are.

Personally, if I could build a relationship with a Falmer, I think it might be interesting to get their world view, learn about their society and see just how we as surface dwellers might fit in.

I know this sounds naive, but I am not a lore-master and can only judge on the behaviours and situations of which I have experience.

Lore and histories are written from the writer's point of view and are coloured by that writer's personal dogma and experience itself.

Let's just stop slaughtering the Falmer every time we see them, give them a leg up and, maybe, just maybe, eventually they can come in to the light and be comfortable with it.

By all the 9 though! Don't let it be the Thalmors that organize this! It will lead to nothing but tragedy for everyone that is not Thalmor.

Thanks for the Disagree He Who Was Once Him. I hope this is a disagree with my posting and not in retaliation for my disagree on your rather nasty post to Shadow King on another thread. Either way - to each his own! Just enjoy the forums. It's not personal.

Fiiralmo

The Thalmor would brainwash the Falmer. They'd be slaves if that was a possibility and continue to be victims for generations longer until someone among the Altmer would help them fight back. I am actually all for the Altmer teaching Falmer all about thier past, it was actually my Falmer character's backstory for awhile till I changed it. The Thalmor are not the Altmer to do it though.
I see where you come from with your protest against the Thalmor leading this. The Falmer are the original inhabitants of Skyrim, and they deserve to dwell there in peace, without Nordic Persecution. If we succeed in educating them, and somehow fix their genetic blindness (Our best mages are conducting research on the process now), They should be able to emerge as their own society, and prosper. One of the main problems is the Nords. Their reaction to the Falmer's return to the the surface would not be positive. For this reason, I believe that the Dominion should establish protected areas within Skyrim for the Falmer to live and thrive in peace, until the Nordic problems are solved at least. I understand your suspicion of the Thalmor leading this, but to me this cause is very near to my heart. I personally wish to see the Falmer thrive again. A reemergence would result in a strong alliance and possible union of the Dominion and the Falmer. Perhaps even aiding in an annexation of Skyrim by the Dominion. Although these possibilities are very wonderful, My heart is with the Falmer. I only hope for their future prosperity and return to the magnificent race they once were, I cannot say if that is the same goal of my fellow Thalmor agents, but I will make sure this mission is not corrupted. There are many Thalmor like me, and if this is successful it would give us Thalmor the much more respect and trust that we deserve

Fiiralmo

Well, it was just a possibility, combined with the bits of hope evocated by one specific Snow Elf, saying that they could believe in Auri-El again and prosper the way they used to do so rather than leading an all-out war. (They could miss that, for all we know)

I've asked you that question on the first post because you seem to attach more importance on reclaiming Skyrim than educating the Falmer. You could pretty much say that you want new allies and Skyrim in one hit. If you claim to say that you take the education of the Falmer in priority, it means that you'll also respect their decision, right? If they decide to become peaceful and live amongst the Nords instead of going on a rampage, you'll respect that and leave them be, right? After all, the main goal is to civilize the Falmer.
I personally believe in the education and civilizing of the Falmer above all. A harmonious relationship with the Nords would be ideal, but I don't believe it would be possible. The Falmer would have to be given lands under the protection of the Dominion

Daelon DuLac

I see where you come from with your protest against the Thalmor leading this. The Falmer are the original inhabitants of Skyrim, and they deserve to dwell there in peace, without Nordic Persecution. If we succeed in educating them, and somehow fix their genetic blindness (Our best mages are conducting research on the process now), They should be able to emerge as their own society, and prosper. One of the main problems is the Nords. Their reaction to the Falmer's return to the the surface would not be positive. For this reason, I believe that the Dominion should establish protected areas within Skyrim for the Falmer to live and thrive in peace, until the Nordic problems are solved at least. I understand your suspicion of the Thalmor leading this, but to me this cause is very near to my heart. I personally wish to see the Falmer thrive again. A reemergence would result in a strong alliance and possible union of the Dominion and the Falmer. Perhaps even aiding in an annexation of Skyrim by the Dominion. Although these possibilities are very wonderful, My heart is with the Falmer. I only hope for their future prosperity and return to the magnificent race they once were, I cannot say if that is the same goal of my fellow Thalmor agents, but I will make sure this mission is not corrupted. There are many Thalmor like me, and if this is successful it would give us Thalmor the much more respect and trust that we deserve
I find the restoration of sight an interesting thought. Is there a reason for this? Do we know if the Falmer have developed other senses to compensate for their lack of vision? In my encounters with them, their lack of vision certainly doesn't seem to be a handicap. While I cannot necessarily support your ambitions for Dominion Domination, the possibilities of reintroduction of such a downtrodden people, may very well sway my opinion of you. Is there need of intelligence from the Nord Stormcloaks? For the right fee, I believe I know of those that would be willing to cooperate.

Ivory

Let's Player

Why did this make me all warm and fuzzy inside?