• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
In the quest "siege on the dragon cult" the Thalmor agent has a note on his body telling him to take the Dragon Priest mask Rahgot to Labyrinthian, where the dragon shrine is located. What I'm wondering is did the Thalmor have an interest in the dragon priest masks (other than Rahgot) and, if so, to what end? What do you all think of this?

AS88

Staff member
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Captain_Valmir

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hired_Thug's_Missive

It is arguable that the Thalmor are the ones behind this, although the fact that a Breton was at Labyrinthian could suggest otherwise. The Breton could have hired Valmir as an independent scholar, or he could be working for another agency, maybe even under duress. If it is the Thalmor though, maybe they're making the most out of the White-Gold Concordat to try and uncover some powerful artefacts while they're allowed in Skyrim. The Dragon Priests were massively powerful, and successful in enslaving the rest of the Nords for a while, so maybe they're hoping to do the same.

EDIT: Maybe they're even considering making a pact with the Dragons, like the Dragon Priests themselves. Esbern laughs at the fact that the Thalmor could allow the world to end, as long as it was on their own terms. :p

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
It is a possibility that cannot be ignored. Although it can also be possible that Valmir was supposed to give the mask of Rahgot to Estormo , Ancano's assistant.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Captain_Valmir

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hired_Thug's_Missive

It is arguable that the Thalmor are the ones behind this, although the fact that a Breton was at Labyrinthian could suggest otherwise. The Breton could have hired Valmir as an independent scholar, or he could be working for another agency, maybe even under duress. If it is the Thalmor though, maybe they're making the most out of the White-Gold Concordat to try and uncover some powerful artefacts while they're allowed in Skyrim. The Dragon Priests were massively powerful, and successful in enslaving the rest of the Nords for a while, so maybe they're hoping to do the same.

EDIT: Maybe they're even considering making a pact with the Dragons, like the Dragon Priests themselves. Esbern laughs at the fact that the Thalmor could allow the world to end, as long as it was on their own terms. :p

I never even bothered to read that missive in-game lol :D.

AS88

Staff member
I never even bothered to read that missive in-game lol :D.

The game makes a lot more sense, and is a lot more interesting, if you read everything you see :p

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
The game makes a lot more sense, and is a lot more interesting, if you read everything you see :p

Well , I do ! Except sometimes when 'am irritated to the core :p.
It's a lot of fun discovering new things and solving mysteries , hehe :D.

AS88

Staff member
Well , I do ! Except sometimes when 'am irritated to the core :p.
It's a lot of fun discovering new things and solving mysteries , hehe :D.

That's true, I used to just root through stuff, take the gold and run :p As I started to learn the game though, I realised that taking time over stuff like reading things and discovering mysteries is a big part of the game :)

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
That's true, I used to just root through stuff, take the gold and run :p As I started to learn the game though, I realised that taking time over stuff like reading things and discovering mysteries is a big part of the game :)

Once I found the corpse of a fisherman in the northeastern coast , near Windhelm. I found a small island and then read a journal on the same island. I discovered that the dead fisherman came there with a buddy of his , sadly they became meal for the inhabitants of that place.

AS88

Staff member
Once I found the corpse of a fisherman in the northeastern coast , near Windhelm. I found a small island and then read a journal on the same island. I discovered that the dead fisherman came there with a buddy of his , sadly they became meal for the inhabitants of that place.

I know the one you mean :p He was saying how he'd never wanted to go there in the first place, but his friend had said there was gold to be had. He was going to wait for a little while and then leave him behind if nothing changed.

There's another one on the northern coast, a real heart-breaker. A man had expected his love to come past on a ship, so they could meet and be together again, but the ship was late, so he'd set up a camp and waited days for her. He wrote a note saying that he would wait as long as it took, but all that's left is his skeleton and a tiny little camp with a bed roll. The boat she was on had wrecked, and is at the bottom of the sea. :'(

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I know the one you mean :p He was saying how he'd never wanted to go there in the first place, but his friend had said there was gold to be had. He was going to wait for a little while and then leave him behind if nothing changed.

There's another one on the northern coast, a real heart-breaker. A man had expected his love to come past on a ship, so they could meet and be together again, but the ship was late, so he'd set up a camp and waited days for her. He wrote a note saying that he would wait as long as it took, but all that's left is his skeleton and a tiny little camp with a bed roll. The boat she was on had wrecked, and is at the bottom of the sea. :'(

Where can I find that ?

Another one would be in a hill just above Old Hroldan , I discovered two corpses. They are the dead bodies of a Dark Elf and a Nord / Breton (Can't figure out). The Dark Elf was a male and the Nord / Breton was a female. The woman had a note on her saying how she loved the Dunmer but her father couldn't let her marry the Dunmer so together they fled to the hill above Old Hroldan. I dunno what happened next but they probably got killed by a Sabre Cat , as I had found one near their corpses.

Don't you think this thread is turning into a discussion ;) ?

AS88

Staff member
Where can I find that ?

Another one would be in a hill just above Old Hroldan , I discovered two corpses. They are the dead bodies of a Dark Elf and a Nord / Breton (Can't figure out). The Dark Elf was a male and the Nord / Breton was a female. The woman had a note on her saying how she loved the Dunmer but her father couldn't let her marry the Dunmer so together they fled to the hill above Old Hroldan. I dunno what happened next but they probably got killed by a Sabre Cat , as I had found one near their corpses.

Don't you think this thread is turning into a discussion ;) ?

Uhhm just head along the northern coast and you'll probably find it. Yeah I know that one, too, although it's usually a bear when I find them (I suppose it's levelled)

Feel free to make a topic if you like! :p