• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I recently finished the Dragonborn DLC and had wondered for a long time if I could store my Black Books in a bookshelf... would look nice next to my Oghmah Infinium (Which yes, I kept) :p Can I store the Black Books in my house, or are they one of those permanent quest items you can never, ever get rid of no matter what?

Saozig

Hippy
It seems to me you should eventually be able to unload them. I finished the main quest but still can't. I was wondering if you have to collect all them. Not sure yet. Seems sucky if you're stuck carrying them around forever.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
It seems to me you should eventually be able to unload them. I finished the main quest but still can't. I was wondering if you have to collect all them. Not sure yet. Seems sucky if you're stuck carrying them around forever.
I've collected them all and you still can't unload them. I think the reason they're still "Quest Items" is because you can change your power in case you don't like it. Still, I too would prefer to be able to store them in a bookcase or a chest of some sorts.

Saozig

Hippy
I've collected them all and you still can't unload them. I think the reason they're still "Quest Items" is because you can change your power in case you don't like it. Still, I too would prefer to be able to store them in a bookcase or a chest of some sorts.
Really? Jesus, I hate it when my inventory gets cluttered with quest items I can't unload. You're not using all of them at the same time--why couldn't they make it so whatever one you're using is the one you can't unload until you accept a different power?

Darkknightdrago

I am not sure but I remember doing the side quests for the black books and the main quests for Neloth and then being able to sell them to him or keep them and removing them from my inventory , but I am not sure !

Sah

sorry guys but you are stuck with them all game long,
this is because you can use them once a day to get special powers

on the other hand you have the option of selling the Elder Scroll at the librarian at the college of winter hold............only to discover that you have to go and buy it back once you start Dawnguard (its quest related)

if your on PC and you want to get rid of them use this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31807/?

Nightgaunt98c

sorry guys but you are stuck with them all game long,
this is because you can use them once a day to get special powers

on the other hand you have the option of selling the Elder Scroll at the librarian at the college of winter hold............only to discover that you have to go and buy it back once you start Dawnguard (its quest related)

if your on PC and you want to get rid of them use this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31807/?

And for added fun, you end up with two more scrolls during Dawnguard that you.can't unload.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts