• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Felidae

The White Wanderer
Whilst I absolutely love TESO (in fact I may be a little addicted to it), I have a small problem that I feel needs addressing. What's up with the whole starter island thing?

Allow me to elaborate. At the start of the game you are dropped off on the mainland and almost immediately you receive a quest to travel to a nearby island to find the bloke that rescued you (as an AD player these were Khenarthi's Roost and Razum-Dar, respectively), but because I had no idea that this was meant to be done BEFORE any of the main quests on Auridon, I ignored it. Now that I'm a Level 45 in Reaper's March and have completed most of the AD questline, would the quests in Khenarthi's Roost still make sense? In fact, is there any point in going there at all?

Now, I'm a dedicated achievement hunter and I can't leave a region without completing it 100% (hence why I didn't go to Khenarthi's Roost straight away), so I'm still probably going to go there at some point. But I still consider this a significant flaw that, whilst isn't game-breaking, can still ruin one's immersion. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me being whiny?

Brofski

I don't think it matters....

The story on the island is basically that it needs saving. Don't think it's relative to the Auridon.

Everything will be rank 1 or 2 or something, so just smash through it, get them skyshards.

GREAT place to farm those raw materials for the improvement drops. It was cadwell's silver for me and I was ahead of most so I had the island to myself

Lucid

During beta testing you always landed on the starter island after leaving the wailing prison. People didn't like that, so they changed it. The starter islands don't play any role in the main quest, and are considered non-essential, but I recommend cracking them out before the mainland. They're a very valuable source of loot and materials.

Last edited:

JoeReese

During beta testing you always landed on the starter island after leaving the wailing prison. People didn't like that, so they changed it. The starter islands don't play any role in the main quest, and are considered non-essential, but I recommend cracking them out before the mainland. They're a very valuable source of loot and materials.

...and Skyshards. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts