So, perhaps no more Skyrim DLC in store after all?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
I wish they wouldn't do a cliffhanger :/ Because in a series like this when the plot is different each time and there is a different main character in each of the games and the games take place in a total different part of the continent then a cliff hanger is just not cool because you cant really explain it. You know what I mean?

Each game is not a new game, it's part of the Elder Scrolls world, and if they keep the pattern ES6 would be on the same timeline as the previous. Lore is basically much easier to center and explain over a span of games (they will always leaves out bits to create curiosity for the next game.)

I think TES are great because almost no history on your character is given.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
Each game is not a new game, it's part of the Elder Scrolls world, and if they keep the pattern ES6 would be on the same timeline as the previous. Lore is basically much easier to center and explain over a span of games (they will always leaves out bits to create curiosity for the next game.)

I think TES are great because almost no history on your character is given.
You do have a good point there it is all in a series but what the plot is always different. In Oblivion we fought Mehrunes Dagon, now we are fighting Alduin. The first one we fought Jagar Tharn (the original douchebag) then we fought that Numidum thing in High Rock, then Dagoth Ur in Morrowind, like I said Mehrunes Dagon in Cyrodiil, then finally Alduin in Skyrim. The first four games all happened pretty close each other, then Skyrim skips ahead like a hundred years. So the games are all in different places in Tamriel, and in different time periods even if just a few years after the one before it. But wouldn't it be kinda odd to explain what happened in Skyrim after the game ended and explain the cliff hanger when you are all the way in say Hammerfell?

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
You would just find out, in the form of a quest, or a book. My definition of lore is The Nine Divines, The Daedra, even the Dwemer. Things that are not "comfirmable fact" like where the dwemers went.

(Unlikely scenario) but maybe in TES6 we find out what happened to the dwemer, possibly in depth possibly just a brief closing and that's it.

ultimatedovahkiin

yeah, but wouldn't be more fun to find out in a quest? By actually being able to live it? so in TES6 when you hear about that you can be all like oh yeah, I was there in fact I am the one who DID all that. Sure lore is fun but when they set the stage for it so well then say "Oh yeah guess what? you don't get to do anything with that." sure they may be setting the stage for TES6 so more people will want it. And maybe they will do things with the Dwemer because there was that rumor going around about it being a dlc, but what if that was TES6 not a dlc? Like im pretty sure some people have said.

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
They usually pick and choose lore subjects and make them relevant quest lines. The whole alduin-dragonborn thing is all Skyrim lore. The Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion are heavy lore subjects, that we get to interact with in the game.

Some lore stays "myth and legend" and some lore is revealed and is where the story comes from really.

ultimatedovahkiin

yeah but they just set it up so well in this game, with all the Stormcloaks and stuff and the Thalmor being really large in Skyrim, the Dwemer I'm fine if they don't put in because they hadn't set the dwemer up for a quest line, they just added a city for us to go explore like they did in Oblivion and there was no big quest line for those places or those people. But I really just want to stop those Thalmor with all my Dragonborn powers, since you know, the Dragonborn is the most powerful of the five heroes you get to play as in this series (yes even the Hero of Kvatch since became Sheogorath in a dlc and does not start out as Sheogorath). So they might make the Thalmor even heavier in another province in the next game, but they would have to go back and re-set the stage for a butt kicking.

jarif

I wish they wouldn't do a cliffhanger :/ Because in a series like this when the plot is different each time and there is a different main character in each of the games and the games take place in a total different part of the continent then a cliff hanger is just not cool because you cant really explain it. You know what I mean?
then again you gotta understand they have been working on skyrim for a long time, so they just want to do something new but it couldnt have hurt to send a small team to make the dlc from time to time :beermug:

Gowsh

Old Fart
Can't we at least have a quest deletion option for console users? :oops:

I think they said they fixed that problem in 1.9.

It won't help existing saved games, tho.

It bugs me, too, seeing that I'm not likely to start another Skyrim char. :sadface:

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
pretty sure i read somewhere that skyrim is the last in the elder scrolls series...said they didn't want another final fantasy type game....though if it is indeed the last in the series it was an ok end, but i hope they make a 6th one, but they have the mmorpg version of the elder scrolls so who knows what direction tey are heading in, and i would rather see more edlc for skyrim than fall out 4....fall out games are too short for me and lack exploration.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
pretty sure i read somewhere that skyrim is the last in the elder scrolls series...said they didn't want another final fantasy type game....though if it is indeed the last in the series it was an ok end, but i hope they make a 6th one, but they have the mmorpg version of the elder scrolls so who knows what direction tey are heading in, and i would rather see more edlc for skyrim than fall out 4....fall out games are too short for me and lack exploration.

I find it really hard to believe that Skyrim will be the last TES game. Simply because there is so much story yet to tell and so much history that needs solving.As the discussions before us the TES games have always ended with cliffhangers. I would hope that Bethesda have the decency NOT to do that with there last game. Also. Bethesda is not making ESO. Its Zenimax Online who is making it. With some help of Bethesda's lore masters and such but Bethesda do not work on ESO.

ultimatedovahkiin

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
That link is old, months old. Bethesda alerted everyone on Twitter no more DLC. Usually some reading-between-the-lines can be done but honestly they have so many projects. This thread turned into a theory-craft about what they should do.

It would be better to forget they said that, and if they meant it, oh well, and if they didn't...you're surprised and excited all over again.

ultimatedovahkiin

That link is old, months old. Bethesda alerted everyone on Twitter no more DLC. Usually some reading-between-the-lines can be done but honestly they have so many projects. This thread turned into a theory-craft about what they should do.

It would be better to forget they said that, and if they meant it, oh well, and if they didn't...you're surprised and excited all over again.
you have a good point, all i was trying to say though was that whatever it is they are doing for whatever game will probably be big if they are to throw out all that stuff. thats why i said it was from december

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
They work on multiple games, with multiple companies at once.

Take into account Bethesda is only a publisher.

They released 4 games in 2011, and Dishonored in 2012.

I don't think they focus on one game.

ultimatedovahkiin

They work on multiple games, with multiple companies at once.

Take into account Bethesda is only a publisher.

They released 4 games in 2011, and Dishonored in 2012.

I don't think they focus on one game.
okay you have a point, but, bethesda said they are doing something big and need the WHOLE team for it. I doubt this big thing is multiple games or they could keep a small group of people on Skyrim, but they don't have a team on Skyrim, they have everyone working on this thing.

Two Bears

okay you have a point, but, bethesda said they are doing something big and need the WHOLE team for it. I doubt this big thing is multiple games or they could keep a small group of people on Skyrim, but they don't have a team on Skyrim, they have everyone working on this thing.

They do contract out for certain titles, but they are all hands on deck for TES and Fallout titles. So, it is safe to assume that "something big" = Fallout 4.

jarif

maby the DLC has been delayed. Maby Bethesda was like were halfway finished into making this DLC lets finish it another time besides it gets to surpise our customers while avoiding anything leaking

All i can say is that I'm excited for Elder Scrolls VI. If what I have read is correct...then I'm gonna love exploring the land of Akavir! :D

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I would like some more DLC. But since TESO is coming to consoles :eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts