Skyrim Best Race Revealed - Here's What To Pick

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Would you change the rankings of my list: https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/skyrim-best-race.

• Bosmer

• Breton

• Dunmer

• Imperial

• Redguard

• Argonian

• Altmer

• Nord

• Orsimer

• Khajiit

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thiashan

I've compiled all of Skyrim's races and ranked them based on flexibility and their ability's usefulness in game. I'd like to know if you agree with the ranking order and if you would change it around. This article was mostly created for beginners unsure of how the races in the game work, and the more flexible races give them greater variety in the build/playstyle they choose to play as. But obviously, personal preference does play a role in all lists. So I'd love to hear what the community thinks and to get a range of different opinions on the best race this game has to offer.

It all boils down to what class you want, but it is true that not all species are created equal. Imperials are my go-to for thieves because of their Imperial luck trait. Orcs make remarkable warriors thanks to their Berserker Rage and 10+ in heavy armor. Altmer are the best mages for their increased magicka pool and starting spells. My favorite race is the Dunmer, who are good for playing vampires due to their natural fire resistance. Playing a vampire, usually finicky and difficult, becomes tolerable when you play a dark elf.

Biases aside. . . I think ranking Khajiit at #1 is a good call. They are well balanced, not to mention stylish with that wide array of fur colors! Plus they are so freaking cute!

Thiashan

My
It all boils down to what class you want, but it is true that not all species are created equal. Imperials are my go-to for thieves because of their Imperial luck trait. Orcs make remarkable warriors thanks to their Berserker Rage and 10+ in heavy armor. Altmer are the best mages for their increased magicka pool and starting spells. My favorite race is the Dunmer, who are good for playing vampires due to their natural fire resistance. Playing a vampire, usually finicky and difficult, becomes tolerable when you play a dark elf.

Biases aside. . . I think ranking Khajiit at #1 is a good call. They are well balanced, not to mention stylish with that wide array of fur colors! Plus they are so freaking cute!
My thoughts exactly, when I first saw them, I made my real life cat in Skyrim. Kyle was my best build ever.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts