OOC Sins of our Elders [[Accepting Applications]]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    As i'm going to be a reader I wouldn't mind each way just be careful of making the dialogue with loads of different colours as it can bug me a little, but I really don't mind anyway I keep my eye on the actual quality :)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    or2jP.png
    "To teach, one must first be taught."

Name: Aengoth the Scholar Warrior
    Race: Bosmer

Birthplace: Valenwood
    Current Residence: Helgen
    Alliances or Affiliations: Resistance member.
    Occupation: Scholar/teacher, soldier, hermit, and resistance captain (current).
    Position: Captain

Appearance
    Skin Color: Tan
    Eye Color: Gray
    Hair Color: Golden
    Hair Type: Straight
    Hair Length: Shoulder-length
    Height: Average
    Weight: Average
    Features: A burn scar covering the right side of his face.

Personality: Calculating. Reserved. Bitter. Calm. Detached.

History:

4E 171 – 180
    War has a way of changing you. Who you were, who you are, and who you will become. Such was the fate for a young Bosmerian teacher from Valenwood. When the Aldmeri Dominion went to war against the Empire in 4E 171, the need for able bodies to fill the ranks was great. And he, like so many of his fellow mer, was swept along by the patriotism that fueled his country. But war is not about parading through the streets in formation while a crowd cheers you on. No; it is often a tidal wave of violence, destruction, and death.

For nine years, blood was spilled in the name of conquest, and countless lives on both sides were needlessly squandered away. For a humble teacher who once cherished life and knowledge above all else, the realities of war is a lesson he would not forget. While others lavished in their 'victory', he returned home a hollowed out shell of his former self, the atrocities he witnessed and helped commit haunted his dreams. He tried returning to his former life, teaching the young Bosmer of Valenwood, but he felt disgusted with himself and unfit to look into their innocent eyes. So he exiled himself, selling what few possessions he had, leaving his family and friends and homeland behind. It would be years before he returned.

4E 180 – 201
    Aengoth had found and made an abandoned monastery his home where he secluded himself for two decades, honing both his mind and his body, ignoring the world and everything in it. Yet even in hiding, the whispers of the dead can find you, and you are reminded that the past can not be forgotten. And so he left his sanctuary and traversed the land, hoping to find peace or death, or at least a place he could once again call home. What he found instead was news of religious persecution and yet another war on the horizon. Against better judgment, he set forth for the province known as Skyrim and the civil war that was about to erupt there.

As fate would have it, he was captured crossing into Skyrim by an Imperial patrol that mistook him for being a spy. If it had not been for a Stormcloak party ambush and one person in particular, he would have either perished in the battle or by execution. His savior was a young Nord woman who called herself Hana and he vowed to repay his debt to her one day. He would get that chance years later when he received word from her. She wanted him to smuggle her child out of the Province and into Valenwood, a place he had not set foot in years. Aengoth did as she asked, repaying his debt to her, and ensuring the safety of an innocent child in the process.

4E 205 – Current
    A few weeks later he received word from his friend Hana. She, like so many others in Skyrim, were growing weary of the current situation in her homeland. Plans were being formed and the beginning of a revolution was hatching. Aengoth still felt indebted to his Nord friend and so set forth toward Skyrim once more to aid her in reclaiming what she had lost, firstly making sure her child was safely hidden away. Besides, he had grown disdainful once more of the Aldmeri Dominion and his homeland in general. And so his friend and himself soon began a underground movement that they hoped would eventually turn into a REVOLUTION!

RP Sample: See History.

I'm not happy with the way the CC has turned out but I have been having difficulty writing it for some reason. Maybe it is due to my insomnia and me never sleeping. Or maybe I'm just not in a creative mood lately. I'll try to polish it up later, if I can. In any event, here it is and I look forward to role playing with you all.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    Malitiasicarius my post was not off topic, we were discussing color text in rps. This is the second time you've given me a bad rating for no reason. So stop trolling me.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    In regards to the colored text conversation, I like to put all my posts in this color, (the same color you like Melee :p) while using white for dialogue, and then I usually use this grey for thought. I tend not to quote other characters, and if I do, I do it sparingly. But as Melee said, I won't use color if it bugs people.

Kir the Silent

I am being cordial, I don't know why he's giving me bad ratings for no reason. :/

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    I realize that you are. I was just making a broad comment so as to not directly point at people. It's more polite in my opinion.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Dear talos can you not just walk away from it? Continuing to talk about you're only feeding and giving them what they want and blowing my alerts up, Kir might I suggest you talk to Rayven if you don't want the negative rating on your thing sure she will look into it and feel that it was wrongly posted and have it removed...

Also I'm sure I'm speaking for most but could we kinda keep the comments about the rp I don't want to have to turn off watching this thread

Thanks, and know this was not out to be rude or anything

Kir the Silent

Sorry Ash, your right. I apologize.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    Okay, from here on out, I would like nothing but discussion about the RP itself. Questions, thoughts, etc will be fine. If you have issues with certain members of this forum, take it up with either them or a mod via PM. Thank you.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Malitiasicarius, abuse of the ratings system is a blatant violation of forum rules and conduct. It's becoming clear that your negative post ratings have become nothing but passive aggressiveness and unnecessary retaliation. I apologize again, if something about this thread was unclear to you, but that in no way gives you the right to be abusive toward other members. It's a forum roleplay, meant for fun, there's no need for that behavior. If you continue, you risk being banned and that is not a statement from myself. I didn't want to become rude about the situation, but enough is enough.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    By that logic mine should be removed too. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. You unjustly rated me for ranting and bad manners. The manner in which I said what I said was polite with etiquette. I am appalled by "leet" speech and grammatical errors. Secondly I wasn't ranting, just confused and wanted clarification. I never meant to start an argument and already apologised in a previous post. Now, all forgiven?

Kir the Silent

I'm sorry if I offended you. However I'm respecting Uther and Andante's wishes and letting it drop. I also apologize to Uther and Andante for any trouble I may have caused. That is all I have to say on the matter and would now like this be just about questions and comments on the RP like Uther stated earlier.

Edit: I also removed the bad ratings I previously gave you and hope it will put an end to this petty arguement.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    XDDDDDDDDDDD.....

So when are you going to have a link to your private thread? *is gonna follow*

Kir the Silent

Oh btw about how you will begin to grow the rebellion I'd assume you and Commander Stone-Hilt will already be a part of it(Duh, founders of course) with some nameless npcs soldiers. But will some of the rpers already be a part of it, or will all named people be recruited in the first posts of the rp or some such? Basically just asking innane questions to pass the time and I'm excited for this rp :p

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    I wondered about that too. Reason being, where to start writing from. I figured if it was a matter of falling into recruitment to begin with, then I'd be able to start working on a post before hand. Otherwise, it'd simply be a matter of responding.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts