• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wetzlar

After browsing thru a bunch of pages, I didn't seem to find the answer to a question. Can my vampire character side with the Dawnguard without curing himself? Although he is a Vampire, I rp him as a pretty good guy. He doesn't kill needlessly, and pretty much only feeds off his wife Lydia. (She likes it) From the spoilers I have read, the Vampire side seems to be quite evil, killing people randomly and attacking towns with needless slaughter. It seems more in character for my guy to be a 'Blade' type, killing the evil vamps with extreme prejudice.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
You will be attacked on site by the dawnguard as a vampire.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
After I had completed the Dawnguard quest line I let Serana make me a vampire. While a vampire the Dawnguard would not speak to me and brushed me off by telling me to go get cured. In this fashion it is much like the Blades interaction if you don't side with them and complete their task.

Kage

I, and don't quote me on this, don't think so. If you could, that's kind of ironic and very funny. So, if Bethesda thought it through even a bit, you couldn't. If it were me, and I was a Dawnguard, I'd shoot you on sight, but that's just me. My answer is that I don't believe so.

LordofMethuselah

Vampiric Illusionary Necromage of Destruction
My dawnguard character wouldn't shoot you on sight... My dawnguard hero would've walked up said hi. Then proceeded to walk your vamp ass to a quiet locked room and transform into a werewolf to rip you apart. By the time the dawnguard would get to the room i would be standing loincloth only in a room of vampire bits. But yea dawnguard no like you vampire types.

GimnliTheNord

No? Darn i so wanted to be Angel.

A Vampire with a Soul.

That sucks, since my guy is a vampire who struggles to kill the undead in order to stop others from suffering the horrible fate that he did and getting vampirism. Dawnguard kind if leaves no side for him, does it?

usaiinuk

After browsing thru a bunch of pages, I didn't seem to find the answer to a question. Can my vampire character side with the Dawnguard without curing himself? Although he is a Vampire, I rp him as a pretty good guy. He doesn't kill needlessly, and pretty much only feeds off his wife Lydia. (She likes it) From the spoilers I have read, the Vampire side seems to be quite evil, killing people randomly and attacking towns with needless slaughter. It seems more in character for my guy to be a 'Blade' type, killing the evil vamps with extreme prejudice.
I found the real answer to this is really annoying since the true answer is wether vampire or not you can't start the Dawnguard quest withiout first joining the dawnguard side... since there is no option to go straight to the vampire side and yes you can actually join Dawnguard as a vampire even do some of the quests right up to the point where isran asks you to recruit certain people but after that mission it forces you into a position where you have to either cure yourself or abandon the whole mission.since by that stage there is no option to go back and join the vampire side and no alternative going it solo option.
I found this very annoying since i was really getting into having my vampire character be a bloodrayne type vampire character fighting the evil vampires .
I think bethesda made a really bad decision to allow you to start the quest and being able to join the dawnguard as a vamp fighting the vamps and then suddenly thrusating this be cured or forget the whole quest choice onto the player a whole three missions inrto the quest without giving any other option such as being able to fight the vamps without siding with the dawnguard.
And at the very least if the dawnguard were going to reject your vamp character they should have done so at the beingining rather than creating this dumb scenario where you are suckered into thinking you can fight against the vamps as a vamp then going through three missions some that are quite lengthy only to then suddenly thrust a get cured or forget the whole quest kind of choice onto you.
I do not want to cure this character she was created to be a bloodrayne/blade /angel type character and on top of everything its to late to go back and join the vamp side even if i wanted to .
its really annoying the way bethesda did this DLC I would rather have had the dawnguard reject my vamp character from the begining rather than create a scenario that made me waste time doing certain missions in the quest only to be faced with a get cured (basically destroy the character i have created ) or forget the entire quest kind of choice.. at least if the character had been rejected and told to cure themselves at the start of the dawnguard quest (such as when you first meet the Isran) i wouldn't have wasted time getting this character involded with the dawnguard at all

Solus

There's no point in being a vamp lord if your part of the dawnguard because you can't really do much with them.

FullmetalHeart20

They accept Serana! Isran even shows sympathy for Harken's death, just because he thought it must be hard on her. And I can't be a vamp who helps them? That's just a double standard guys.

Maxlength

I cured myself.....and tried to join the Dawnguard. They tried to kill me....I ran away...away into the hills.....far far away........:eek: (that was my face when running)

Adam Warlock

I cured myself.....and tried to join the Dawnguard. They tried to kill me....I ran away...away into the hills.....far far away........:eek: (that was my face when running)
Check for bounties on your character.
Many NPC will attack wanted criminals as if that NPC were a guard but don`t have dialogue to pay a fine or submit to arrest.
I was never a vampire but Vori once attacked me when she saw me kill a Traveling Bard in front of Fort Dawnguard.
Apparently it didn`t matter that Gunmar had ordered the killing.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The Dawnguard group are bunch of assholes. With such BIG castle you would think that they would be happy to invite those poor frighten people that are camping out next to their castle inside, but no. They continued to let them camp outside.

TESV2012-12-0121-44-27-10.png

Giving a toast to all of my Vampire friends here :) Down with the Dawnguard.